Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Theresa Caputo, The Long Island Medium, Investigated For Fraud

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    That helmet hair needs to be investigated.
    Shhh...It's full of secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I totally believe in mediums and all that stuff. That said, I don't believe all of the well known mediums for shit (this chick, Sylvia Browne, John Edwards, etc). You can just see them wrack their brains, and the more "no's" they get in a row, the more desperate they become. I feel bad for the people they hook, because I empathize with them, wanting to know about their loved ones, but there is part of me that just screams "you damn fool".
    I had an experience with one that shook me to my very core. I had one approach me and tell me things and do things that make me believe there definitely are real mediums out there.

She told me she was offered a show and declined it because her gift was not to profit from.

I'll never forget this woman. She was truly beautiful (she looked like an angel, too - I know that sounds crazy) inside and out.

Someone is already on the case:

I'm a skeptic at heart but I don't rule it out completely, especially if people swear by it, and if a medium can give them some comfort and closure, I'm all for it. That said, if it's someone just preying on them and/or profiting from their grief, then I hope that person dies in a fiery fire.
    manningmsj and dexter7 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I've never seen this lady's show but she is so annoying from her previews. I don't doubt that she's a fraud, like that Sylvia Browne woman. These so-called psychics just prey on people at their weakest moments and rob them blind. It's disgusting.
    Mivvi21 and KrisNine like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have to admit, that I LOVE Sylvia Browne's version of the afterlife. Ever since I was a wee Boogs, I though Heaven sounded "boring", and being food for worms was even MORE boring. Her version leans more into reincarnation, and that hell doesn't exist. I think I like her version of the afterlife, because it is how I envision the afterlife. She could be full of shit on that too, but since it is so close to MY vision of the afterlife, that I can't knock it. It would be like me telling myself that I'm full of shit, and we can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    I've never seen this lady's show but she is so annoying from her previews. I don't doubt that she's a fraud, like that Sylvia Browne woman. These so-called psychics just prey on people at their weakest moments and rob them blind. It's disgusting.
    Ever since I came to the conclusion she's a fraud, her voice grates my last nerve. If anyone else in the house is watching it, I put in earphones.
    SillyME54 and darksithbunny like this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    My mother's friend has a friend (always a great start to a story) who was approached by Theresa while shopping, without cameras or anyone else around. Theresa was spot on about everything, she said, even details that aren't just obvious (like, knowing exactly how she died and stuff). Idk if it's true, but I like the show because people's reactions seem genuine and it kind of feels comforting, to watch people deal with something you've dealt with.

I went to a live show of hers too, with my mom (she'd lost her sister and wanted to see if she could hear from her). It grossed me out a lot, though. They broadcasted the people she approached on a big screen up front, and watching strangers cry on a huge screen while others scream from across the room "Us over here come to us!" like it's a contest or something, and her in a pair of sky high sparkly LB's... it felt shameless. Especially since I'm in Connecticut so there were a lot of parents of deceased Sandy Hook children and teachers, so that really felt uncomfortable. Because even though they believed she was real, just hearing them talk about their dead children to a woman who could be faking it all... it felt gross.
    I'm from CT too. I knew she went to one of the universities...an acquaintance went, but I keep forgetting to ask what her eexperience was. I do believe people have gifts, I don't know how you can focus in a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Ever since I came to the conclusion she's a fraud, her voice grates my last nerve. If anyone else in the house is watching it, I put in earphones.
    Yes! Her voice is so irritating! And so is her hideous hair and disgusting nails.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

By animal welfare groups. They need to get in there and get that Shih tzu off her head.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

A*O

Google "cold reading" and you'll quickly see how these celeb "psychics" ply their trade. If it's skilfully done they can be very convincing and their audiences will be filled with people who desperately WANT to believe. I'd put this woman, John Edward and that rude old hag Sylvia Browne in that category.

Having said that I think there are some people with a genuine gift but they tend to stay under the radar even though they know there's a LOT of money to be made from it.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    I don't believe in any of this crap.

James Randi has already called this woman out for being a fraud.

Long Island Medium: A Tall Story
    Seth, are you on the JREF forums?
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Seth, are you on the JREF forums?
    I am not at this time.

I may join in the future. are you on the JREF Forums?

James Randi is a bit of a hero of mine. I love watching him expose these "psychics" for the frauds they are.
    faithanne likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

And those fucking nails!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

South Park did a funny one on John Edwards.
    SoCalMarie, card and darksithbunny like this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information