Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift Visits Children's Hospital, Plays Air Hockey and Duets with 6-year-old

That was sweet.

I do, however, sometimes have a hard time believing these always-been-beautiful stars who claim to have been bullied in junior high/high school, etc. I've seen what Taylor Swift looked like when she was in middle school; I doubt her gorgeous (at least what teenage boys consider gorgeous) self really experienced any bullying. She also signed her first record contract at 13. If anyone picked on her after that, they were beyond stupid.
    BelledeJour likes this.

Elite Member

Man, Taylor goes and does stuff like this and it makes me less annoyed with her.
    Flygirl and spinmonkey like this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    That was sweet.

I do, however, sometimes have a hard time believing these always-been-beautiful stars who claim to have been bullied in junior high/high school, etc. I've seen what Taylor Swift looked like when she was in middle school; I doubt her gorgeous (at least what teenage boys consider gorgeous) self really experienced any bullying. She also signed her first record contract at 13. If anyone picked on her after that, they were beyond stupid.

I feel that way as well but sometimes people get picked on or ostracized because of envy. Taylor Swift is pretty but sometimes she comes off as kind of goofy or gangly to me.

Taylor grew up about an hour away and her being bullied was a big topic of conversation in the media as she was starting to "make it." I recall interviews of kids from her school who talked about how bad she was treated by a group of kids. Taylor knew what she wanted to do, was actively performing and getting attention. That seems to have upset some girls at her school. Then they moved and that ended the bullying.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

What a bunch of twats. Bet they regret that now! Thanks for the insight. I still, however refuse to believe LeAnn was bullied(but that's not bc of her good looks ha ha)
    Kathie_Moffett and sluce like this.

czb

leann may have been bullied but i doubt that someone threatened her with a knife. but i bet she was a braggart who taunted the other kids as well.
    sluce, Serendipity and Kittylady like this.

I have a nephew who recently took a leave from his Sr year of high school because he was being bullied. He's a handsome talented young man. A talented musician. The last person I ever thought would be bullied but he was. I guess it shows that the person you least expect can be bullied.

Hope that made sense.

It does make sense, and I hate to hear that happened. I understand it can happen to anyone; there is no rhyme or reason to cruelty. I just think people (especially celebrities)tend to overuse the term these days. One mean comment is not bullying; it's usually just someone being an asshole. It seems it's kind of the hip thing to talk about how badly one was bullied, how they were the ugly duckling, etc.
    spinmonkey likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information