Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift Visits Children's Hospital, Plays Air Hockey and Duets with 6-year-old

i can't stand adele's music. she seems like a nice girl but her songs suck balls and i don't even like her voice and she sings in such a forced, affected way. hate.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I always feel like she is screaming directly at me, so I get the point of her songs. I especially hate that Rumour Has It....OMG!!!! It has such a chant like rhythm to it,...it feels like it is being drilled into my flipping skull.

Elite Member

Aw, I had no idea she is such a sweetie. Good for her - and the kids.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    it's nice of her to do that but why would you torture a poor cancer patient with fucking adele?
    especially after chemo. not sure which is more vomit-inducing ....
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    especially after chemo. not sure which is more vomit-inducing ....
    Remember, though, that it wasn't Taylor Swift's idea -- the patient had actually already been practicing Adele. So it sounds like his immune system is already starting to bounce back!
    idunno, CL** and Shinola like this.

The lullaby station on Pandora plays a lot of Adele. That's all I can think of when I hear her voice. Sleepy night night time.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Remember, though, that it wasn't Taylor Swift's idea -- the patient had actually already been practicing Adele. So it sounds like his immune system is already starting to bounce back!
    i'm not blaming taylor. i think her visiting the hospital is a nice thing. and yes, i've heard she does this frequently without press. i am just correlating adele with chemo. like a rho=.999 (for the geeks on the board).
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

i like adele
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post

It chaps my ass when parents post pictures like this on social media or even take pics like this in the first place. The kid is crying his eyes out and about to roll into the OR. I doubt he wants his picture taken, and probably wants Dad leaning in for a selfie even less. Here, Dad, I'll put it in a language you can understand #notthefuckingtime

Sorry, it's been a bad day. That was cool what Taylor did and all.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    it's nice of her to do that but why would you torture a poor cancer patient with fucking adele?
    Read this and thought you meant the poor kid had to fuck Adele
    SHELLEE and MohandasKGanja like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Awww...poor baby. I don't think I would have put up that picture of my child having a bad time and crying. Just my opinion, if it was my child. That picture breaks my heart for little Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Aw, that's sweet. I'll put my hate on low for her for at least a week. And yes, that POOR little boy! That is some shitty luck! I'm glad that Taylor and Spider Man took the time to visit him and make him feel better.

You're just mean. Taylor is irritating, but she's a sweetheart. She's absolutely harmless.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I love Taylor.

I fucking love Adele. She has such a beautiful voice.

Taylor, meh. But I can't hate on what she does for her fans. She really seems to care about them. She does stuff like this a lot from what I've read of her. So does Britney.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Taylor Swift sends powerful note to a bullied teen fan | Mail Online

'I know why you're crying because I've been in your place': Taylor Swift sends powerful note to a bullied teen fan
    By Iona Kirby for MailOnline
    Published: 12:03 EST, 4 September 2014 | Updated: 09:16 EST, 5 September 2014

She is a role model for lots of young girls and Taylor Swift has used her platform to cheer up a bullied fan.

The kind-hearted singer sent a long message on Instagram to one of her fans, who was afraid of starting the new school year after having been picked on in the past.

The subject is close to Taylor’s heart, as she too was bullied in middle school, and drew on her own experience to impart some words of wisdom.

Poignant: The singer wrote a long comment on a post by the teen, which was then circulated by fans on Twitter

Taylor Swift sends powerful note to a bullied teen fan | Mail Online

ETA (article with text version):
    In touching personal message, Taylor Swift tells bullied teen fan to 'keep walking in the sunlight'

Erin Quinlan TODAY contributor

Sep. 4, 2014 at 12:02 PM ET

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Reddit
    • Pinterest
    • Email

If Taylor Swift ever tires of pop stardom, she might make a great guidance counselor.
    When an incoming high-school freshman named Hannah reached out to Swift on Instagram Sunday to confide her heartbreaking fears of being bullied in the new school year, the 24-year-old “Shake It Off” singer responded with a touching treatise that recounted the star’s own experience as a bullying target and offered advice for living “loudly and boldly” in the face of others’ small-mindedness.
    Kevin Mazur/TAS/Getty Images file
    Bullies have "something broken inside," Swift wrote to the teen. "Don't let them change you."

Here’s the full exchange, starting with Hannah’s message:

Taylor, why are people at school so mean? Why do they always try to bring me down? I'm sitting here crying while I write this. I don't know what to do anymore. No matter what I do, it's never good enough. There's always something that I do wrong. I get made fun of for having big dreams or what I wear or things that I like. I just want to know why they do it Taylor. Why do they do this to me? Why do they torture me and hate me so much? I'm starting high school wednesday and I was actually pretty excited but now whenever I think about it I feel sick. I just want to feel wanted for once. I wanna feel like I belong. I just want feel better than I do right now. Taylor please help me I need it desperately. I need a hug. I love you lots. Love, Hannah
    Swift apparently did a quick background check on her distressed fan, a talented singer and guitarist who has covered Swift’s songs in YouTube videos. Then the star responded:

Reading this made me so sad because I love seeing you in your videos and photos being so happy and wide eyed, like the world isn't as harsh and unfair as it actually is. I hate thinking about your pretty face covered in tears, but I know why you're crying because I've been in your place. This isn't a high school thing or an age thing. It's a people thing. A life thing. It doesn't stop. It doesn't end or change. People cut other people down for entertainment, amusement, out of jealousy, because of something broken inside them. Or for no reason at all.
    It's just what they do, and you're a target because you live your life loudly and boldly. You're bright and joyful and so many people are cynical. They won't understand you and they won't understand me. But the only way they win is if your tears turn to stone and make you bitter like them. It's okay to ask why. It's okay to wonder how you could try so hard and still get stomped all over. Just don't let them change you or stop you from singing or dancing around to your favorite song.
    You're going into high school this week and this is your chance to push the reset button on how much value you give the opinion of these kids, most of whom have NO idea who they are. I'm so proud of you and protective of you because you DO. If they don't like you for being yourself, be yourself even more. Every time someone picks on me, I'll think of you in the hopes that every time someone picks on you, you'll think of me... and how we have this thread that connects us. Let them keep living in the darkness and we'll keep walking in the sunlight. Forever on your side, Taylor.
    It seems the advice gave Hannah the strength she needed to start school. On her Twitter account, she reported, “I had a pretty good first day! Really stressful but good!” In another tweet, the teen noted, “When I was feeling overwhelmed I just read (Swift’s) comment.”

http://www.today.com/parents/taylor-...fan-1D80126920
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information