Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 79
Like Tree497Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift The 'Sexual Assault' Photo I Wanted to Keep Secret

  1. #46
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    I think she did press charges, and she didn't put the picture out there, TMZ did
    darksithbunny and Lalasnake like this.

  2. #47
    Elite Member NickiDrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I didn't say she was lying. I am saying if you put this in front of different people, like what has been done here, you can't really see anything. If I had to make a decision of guilty because of this picture, I would say this doesn't show beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't know if he's guilty or not. If she feels he sexual assaulted her then she should file charges.
    I agree with this, except that in a criminal case you'd have her testimony plus the picture. However, I can say that in a criminal case, if the guy also testified and was just as credible as Taylor, I would probably have reasonable doubt. The picture doesn't really tell me anything that could have happened one way or the other. It would come down to credibility of both people for me.

    She's more likely to prevail in a civil case since there's a lower burden of proof.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

  3. #48
    Elite Member dallison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    The picture is very telling to me. I hate to be someone who over-dissects something, but this is a woman who has been posing for pictures with random people for years. She's used to it. She gets in close for selfies with strangers. Even if it is an act, she still appears to be in her comfort zone posing with people. In this one, you can tell she is uncomfortable and not wanting to be close to him. Plus, just look at him... he looks like he's almost trying to show off that he is grabbing at her, in some sort of gross way to later brag to his dude bro buddies. He can show that he's grabbing at her.


    I had an NHL player who was on our local team until getting traded creep on me on St. Patrick's Day. I was doing promo work for the Irish pub and he was there with a bunch of his teammates. A few of the teammates recognized me from a previous charity event I did with them and had hit it off with them. Anyway, once my shift was done, they asked me to come sit with them. The guys who knew of me know that I'm not a puckbunny, I don't care that they're NHL players, and would not be one to gossip about what was said at the table.
    The douche player kept staring at me while I was talking with some of the other guys. He had these blondes beside him that were throwing themselves hard at him. I think he was staring at me because I wasn't giving him any attention (he's a guy who a lot find really good looking, so combine that with being an NHL player and you know how that goes). He got up to use the bathroom and instead of going the easy way out of the section we were in, he chose to go by me. I said, "Oh here, I'll move..." and went to just move in my seat. He said, "No, you're good" and intentionally brushed his junk against me as he went by.
    Ugh.
    I decided I didn't want to hang out with these guys anymore and left to go to the main part of the pub. The NHL player came out of the bathroom, walked towards me, and kind of pinched at my upper thigh (I was wearing shorts and his hand went up them a bit).
    So. Gross.
    I wanted to lose it on him, but since that was kind of my place of work and I've had to work with these NHL players in different capacities I just didn't even look at him. I walked away.


    I also posed for a picture last December with one of the most well known NHL players of all time. I had been having drinks with a group of people after an event and it included some NHL greats. When this one particular guy went to leave, we posed for a picture. The guy taking the picture was fumbling with the phone and I jokingly yelled at him to get his shit together. The player said, "Take your time, I'm good here... I'll just rub her butt" and he did just that. So I have this picture of me and him where he is the one leaning in to me and I have this uncomfortable laugh smile on my face.

    Again, didn't do anything about it.
    Kittylady likes this.

  4. #49
    Elite Member nwgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,005

    Default

    I'm sorry those things happened to you dallison. Working in the service industry is like open invitation for men to touch you. I quit a really great money making cocktailing job many years ago because the outfit was an open backed tuxedo shirt, and men would run their hands all up and down my back. Fuck that noise!

    As for this pic, I know it could the angle or whatever but looking at where his other hand lies, if you were to draw a straight line across to his other (even tho you can't see it) it definitely looks to be lower then her lower back. Unless her lower back is where her ass should be.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

  5. #50
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    32,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I agree with this, except that in a criminal case you'd have her testimony plus the picture. However, I can say that in a criminal case, if the guy also testified and was just as credible as Taylor, I would probably have reasonable doubt. The picture doesn't really tell me anything that could have happened one way or the other. It would come down to credibility of both people for me.

    She's more likely to prevail in a civil case since there's a lower burden of proof.
    I have to admit that figuring out how this would (legaly) go is your forte but not mine. But on a purely logical level of who I would believe, you have Swift, who doesn't need this guy's money, and doesn't need the negative publicity. As far as I can tell, he is a nobody DJ that she doesn't have history with, or need to settle a score with. In other words, there is utterly motivation for her to do this other than to make sure a creep who thinks he can grab some random woman's ass, no matter how rich or powerful, gets his own ass handed to him.

  6. #51
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,059

    Default

    Cocktail server in the most popular casino in my area for several years in between college degree #1 and going back for nursing degree. Needless to say, I've seen some shit. But the one positive is that the place is (or was when I worked there) teeming with security, uniformed and plain-clothed. And cameras. Those guys really had our backs then.

    Before Dark Jr. was born, I worked several New Year's Eve holidays down there. It would be shoulder to shoulder crowd. They had to rope off the area around the bars so we could get in and out of the wells. They would pull ALL of us girls off the floor at 15 minutes before midnight because there wasn't enough to security in existence to keep some random dickhole from trying to make out with one of us. (And watch the crowd and money exchanges).

    So never actually spent a NYE on the casino floor! We would be partying and having our champagne in the back. (well, except for the time I threw on a jacket and snuck out the door to the floor to snap a pic of Jerry Lee Lewis on his piano at the stage bar).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  7. #52
    Elite Member ConstanceSpry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,500

    Default

    She really has no reason to make up shit just to sue, she has buckets of money and the photo supports her version of the incident. And agree about her being stunned and at a loss as to how to react, in an effort to not make a scene. So many of us are raised to be "good girls" and not make a fuss.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

  8. #53
    Elite Member NickiDrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I have to admit that figuring out how this would (legaly) go is your forte but not mine. But on a purely logical level of who I would believe, you have Swift, who doesn't need this guy's money, and doesn't need the negative publicity. As far as I can tell, he is a nobody DJ that she doesn't have history with, or need to settle a score with. In other words, there is utterly motivation for her to do this other than to make sure a creep who thinks he can grab some random woman's ass, no matter how rich or powerful, gets his own ass handed to him.
    If I was his attorney I'd just argue that she isn't lying, just mistaken. That he may have brushed up against her accidentally if anything and she felt uncomfortable but that doesn't rise to the level of sexual assault. Celebrities aren't more credible because they're celebrities. A jerk defense attorney might even argue that this is about publicity for her- it was on tmz and a story that got a lot of attention at a time when a lot of people were less sympathetic to her than usual (fake relationships, breakups, bad publicity about being two faced and bitchy etc). I don't think this would be an open and shut case for her at all on the criminal side.

    I actually agree that she looks uncomfortable in the picture but I'd still have reasonable doubt unless (a) he didn't testify at all (because then all I'd have was her story and the picture where she looked uncomfortable), or (b) testified and came off looking like a liar. Admittedly I have pretty high standards to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt and my standards are probably not the average person's standards.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

  9. #54
    Elite Member pinkbunnyslippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    3,950 miles from NYC
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    I was leaning over a bar once when I felt a hand slide up under my skirt, and up hard, to the point of near penetration. I mule kicked that guy, and caught him in the lower abdomen. (I was hoping for lower.) Another bar, another show, I was standing on a chair to see the stage better when some random dude comes up, bends over, and grabs my zipper with his teeth. He wound up on his ass.

    But, there have been lots of other incidents where I didn't react like the feminist badass I wanted to be, because I was so shocked, or because I didn't feel safe.
    Something like that happened to me at a huge college house party. I had on shorts, and a guy some how quickly put his fingers in my shorts, and I was in shock. He took off so fast, it was dark so I couldn't really see him or knew where he went off to. That still bothers me till this day, and that happened in the late 90's.
    VeraGemini likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

  10. #55
    Gold Member VeraGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    What am I doing in this handbasket?
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Something like that happened to me at a huge college house party. I had on shorts, and a guy some how quickly put his fingers in my shorts, and I was in shock. He took off so fast, it was dark so I couldn't really see him or knew where he went off to. That still bothers me till this day, and that happened in the late 90's.
    I feel strange "liking" your post, because there's nothing to like about being groped, but I did.

    The bar incident still bothers me after more than 25 years, too. More so than the guy making snappy jaws at my zipper. More so than any other time when I felt unwanted hands on me in public. And even though I did get to kick the guy. It was just so violating, and so unsettling to realize there were men out there who saw me as just a thing that they could use for gratification. It wasn't the first time. I'd been catcalled on the street since I was 9 years old, and started growing boobs. And it wasn't the first time I fought back - I was kind of a violent little girl, and slapped a boy silly for grabbing at those 9 year old mini-boobs on the playground. But it shook me badly, and worse than it ever had before.


  11. #56
    Elite Member Honey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    59,935

    Default




    There’s a lot to discuss about Day 3 of the Taylor Swift-David Mueller trial, so let’s get to it. Day 3 involved testimony from Mueller, the DJ who allegedly groped Taylor in 2013, as well as testimony from Taylor’s mom Andrea Swift, who was backstage when the alleged groping took place. Here’s an interesting part of Swift’s lawyer questioning Mueller:

    Taylor Swift‘s lawyer hit back Wednesday at former radio show host David Mueller after he accused the star on the second day of their headline-making trial of costing him his job and ruining his reputation. Mueller was questioned by Swift’s attorney, Doug Baldridge.
    “They didn’t file a lawsuit against you in public, did they?” asked Baldridge, who suggested Mueller “rendered himself unemployable” by telling people in the radio industry about Swift’s allegations against him. Balridge also added that Swift did not report the alleged incident to police at the time because she didn’t want it to go public or be reported by the media, nor did she or her team contact KYGO about the incident. In his initial court filing, Mueller claimed he was approached by Swift’s security team after the incident. According to the court documents, Mueller claimed her security team accused him of touching her butt, then escorted him and his girlfriend out of the building. Two days later, he was fired from his job at KYGO.


    [From People]

    Mueller went on to admit that for sure, he could have sought work at another radio station and that Taylor and her team did not go scorched-earth on him nation-wide – they just sought to get him fired from his current employer, KYGO.

    Meanwhile, after Taylor told her mom that Mueller had groped her, Andrea Swift told the court that Swift was “really shaken, she was humiliated, she was horribly embarrassed because he grabbed her bare ass.” Andrea told the court that she and Taylor decided not to go to the police because they didn’t want this incident to “define her life” and “I did not want every interview from now on to have to make her include what happened to her. I did not want her to have to live through the endless memes and GIFs that tabloid media and internet trolls would come up with. We absolutely wanted to keep this private, but we did not want him to get away with it. He sexually assaulted her.”

    Finally, Page Six reports that Taylor’s people have been “frantically calling late-night talk shows to ask if hosts are planning to make jokes about her case.” An insider tells Page Six that Swift “doesn’t really want to be in the media cycle unless it’s on her own terms. She loves to control her narrative. I’m sure she doesn’t want to have this moment right before she’s gearing up for an album release.” I mean… sure, I’ll always say that Taylor Swift is an anal retentive control freak about her image. But I also think she really hopes that being sexually assaulted isn’t fodder for late-night comedy?



    Photos courtesy of Backgrid.

    Cele|bitchy | Taylor Swift?s mom says that DJ David Mueller ?sexually assaulted? Taylor

  12. #57
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    21,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    I'm sorry those things happened to you dallison. Working in the service industry is like open invitation for men to touch you. I quit a really great money making cocktailing job many years ago because the outfit was an open backed tuxedo shirt, and men would run their hands all up and down my back. Fuck that noise!
    Hairdressers get this shit too. Before she retired Ma Kitty was a hairdresser in a small unisex salon and she got groped by male customers several times. She learned to deal with the most persistent gropers by 'slipping' with the scissors and nicking their ear. Even the tiniest cut to an ear bleeds a lot and looks a lot more dramatic than it is. The worst were the ones who played with themselves under the protective cape. The boss wouldn't allow the staff to ban anyone so they had to get around it with repeat offenders by saying that they only had short capes available and the long ones were in the wash.

    Anyway, back to Taylor Swift. The number of comments on news articles saying that she's had so many boyfriends that she should be fine with it are pissing me off mightily. It doesn't matter how much dick someone has had, they still have the absolute right not to be touched by anyone unless they consent to it. There is no magic number of dates or partners or hookups that suddenly makes it ever ok to invade another person's space like that.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  13. #58
    Elite Member gas_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    43,854

    Default

    I just don't understand how men ever get the idea that every woman in the world is here for their pleasure. Oh no wait yeah I do. #theribthing
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

  14. #59
    Elite Member *Kat*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,311

    Default

    Mueller’s lawyer M. Gabriel McFarland asked Swift whether she was “critical” of her then bodyguard, Greg Dent, for not intervening.

    Swift responded, “No, I am critical of your client for sticking his hand under my skirt and grabbing my bare ass.” She added, “What Mr. Mueller did was, like I said, very intentional, and the location was very intentional. And I wasn’t going to blame Greg Dent…none of us expected this to happened [sic]. It had never happened before.”

    “I’ve experienced every degree of an awkward first encounter,” Swift says, saying usually, she and the other person apologize and laugh afterward. She says that didn’t happen.


    He did not touch my rib, he did not touch my arm…he grabbed my bare ass", Swift says.

    After the incident, Swift said, “A light switched off in my personality. I just said in a monotone voice, ‘Thank you for coming.’”

    Your client could have taken a normal photo with me” - In response to McFarland saying she could have stopped the M&G if she was uncomfortable

    When asked if she was open to the possibility that it was someone else. “He had a handful of my ass. I know it was him.

    Looking at the photo, McFarland asked Swift why the front of her skirt did not appear to be lifted.


    Because my ass is located in the back of my body,” Swift said

    I’m not going to allow you or your client to make me feel in any way that this is my fault, because it isn’t,” she said.


    “I am being blamed for the unfortunate events of his life that are a product of his decisions and not mine,” Swift added later.



    "The first couple of milliseconds, I thought it must be a mistake"

    “I have an uncanny ability to solicit all kinds of new criticism” - Swift on being called “cold” by David Mueller

    When asked if she remembered other photos from M&G’s that night. Says she knows none of the others “grabbed her ass”

    McFarland asks Swift if her team has all 06/02/13 meet and greet photos. She says no “because it took you two years to file this lawsuit.
    She's killing it. Fuck that guy and fuck the lawyer with his "You didn't cause a scene right there, so it didn't happen" line of questioning. I love how he's trying to make her sound like a hysterical woman and she's like nope HE GRABBED MY ASS.

  15. #60
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    “Because my ass is located in the back of my body,” Swift said
    OK, I love Swift, fake relationships be damned.
    Kittylady, MsDark, *Kat* and 5 others like this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: December 5th, 2014, 06:07 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 10th, 2014, 07:49 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 17th, 2013, 03:45 AM
  4. Air Force Sexual Assault Prevention Chief Arrested for Sexual Assault
    By witchcurlgirl in forum Crime and Punishment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 6th, 2013, 08:58 PM
  5. Fat Joe Investigated for Sexual Assault
    By fgg in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 23rd, 2010, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •