Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift is dating a Kennedy

Lots of kids with late summer birthdays are held to start the next year so they will be the oldest. Our district has an Aug 30 cut off.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Bronze Member

^^ Oh I keep forgetting, my daughter is a fall birthday and we sent her, we had a Dec 1st cut off. Either way he is just too young for her!!

I agree he is too young! My daughter has a fall bday but went to a private kindergarden so she then started 1st grade at 5, and turned 6 a few months later. She was the youngest in her grade and did need some extra help from time to time.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I am just so oddly into this whole story. We all know it won't end well, but damn, it'll be interesting to see how she goes on tour or out to promote her new album and he is studying Calculus. How's that gonna work exactly? And school starts this week for the northeast kids, so fun might be over soon.

This will be my thread once the LR thread has imploded and we are all left for dead.
    sluce, Dorahacky and Bluebonnet like this.

I really don't see the big deal about their ages. Maturity wise they might be on the same level.
    Novice likes this.

He is too young for her! But I would not date a man younger than me- preference. Thatcwas especially true when in my late teens and early 20's. There is just nothing sexy about a high school kid to me. I didn't even want to date them when I was that age. And I agree that he was probably held back. I was 16 for pretty much my whole senior year, I turned 17 in April and graduated in June. That was because where I grew up they allowed me to start kindergarten at 4. It wasn't until we moved a few times that I realized that most states require you to be 5 to start kindergarten. Everyone else I graduated with was 17-turning-18 or 18 except one girl who had moved to the US from Poland and had to repeat a grade due to language issues in elementary school- she was 19.

I started high school at 13 so in retrospect the thought of having a 19 year old at the same school is kind of funny. That's a 6-year age difference between a freshman and a senior at the same school!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I really don't see the big deal about their ages. Maturity wise they might be on the same level.
    I agree.

But then I dated a 20 yr old when I was 23. I was post-college & had lived abroad for a couple of years, he still lived at home with him mother & siblings but when we started dating I had no idea he was younger than I was.
    She may be the same maturity as him (or a 14 yr old á la LeAnn Rimes) or he might be more mature than an average 18 year old. He's had a hard time, let him have a little fun.

I found Taylor Swift's interest in the Kennedy family interesting & she wa introduced about another member of the family wasn't she?
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

fgg

Taylor Swift Hits the Road for Work, Conor Kennedy Stays in School

Is Conor Kennedy just one of Taylor Swift's boys of summer?

The PDA-loving pair seemed attached at the hip in recent weeks, but with Swift, 22, facing a grueling work schedule, and Kennedy, 18, back to his East Coast high school, the two are being forced to live their lives apart.

On Thursday, the country singer appeared on MTV's Video Music Awards in L.A., where she performed her latest single, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," live for the first time. Meanwhile, her beau was having dinner at his boarding school, Deerfield Academy, according to a source.

A day later, Swift performed at the Stand Up to Cancer benefit in L.A., also apparently without Kennedy by her side. Her demeanor was solemn, but that was likely because of her performance's nature. She debuted a new song, "Ronan," named after a young boy who lost his life to cancer. Swift followed the boy's mother's blog and was touched by the story.

And the work will continue for the starlet. She'll get one day of rest before heading to the Canadian Country Music Awards, followed by a trip on Sept. 13 to Rio de Janeiro, where she'll perform at Citibank Hall.

Once things quiet down for Swift, she already has requests from Kennedy's schoolmates to make an appearance on his campus.

"We have a Friday night concert thing – one is in late fall," a Kennedy peer tells PEOPLE. "People want her to come sing."
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information