Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Taylor Momsen Still Haunted by Tampon String Photos: "Some A--hole Shot Up My Dress

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    If it's inserted correctly, you shouldn't be able to feel the tampon at all.
    This.
    And purchasing the right "size" might help too.
    I've been dancing since I could walk - and did 5 years on pointe. I still dance a couple times a week, but solely for fun and exercise.
    Cardboard applicators are not my friend. Neither are "long" tampons ( I don't know how else to describe them ) - so I learned from an early age Tampax wasn't for me. Feels like sandpaper going in and out (TMI sorry )

It's plastic applicators and the "sport"/smaller shape size all the way...
    Also, if you use a tampon that doesn't exactly match/too "large" for the size your "flow", (Super-plus, plus), that can also contribute to uncomfortable-ness.

And performance wise, I use to cut the string in half, then knot it. So it would be short enough to not poke out of a costume (whether or not I was wearing tights), but long enough to grab without having to give myself a pelvic exam.

I have a question for the cup users:
    What if you have to change (empty? ) your cup in a public place/bathroom, where a tub is not readily available to squat in? What do you do? - In general, I don't need specific details.
    (This is a serious question, I know nothing about the cups, other than the cringe feeling I get walking by them at the store, because of the mental picture they give me).
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Quote Originally Posted by Lalasnake View Post
    If you wear a menstrual cup, you don't have a string you have to tuck, you can't even feel it when it's inside so there's no discomfort, there's practically zero chance of developing TSS, it holds much more than a tampon so you can wear it longer, and it sits at the entrance to of your vagina so you don't have to push it up to your cervix. Also, it will last up to 10 years, so you save a ton of money that you would have spent on tampons and pads.

Lol, there is a funny thread about these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    If it's inserted correctly, you shouldn't be able to feel the tampon at all.
    Word.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    I wonder where Mo went. He seems to have stopped posting on this thread.

He's probably busy working on Flow Charts for us all
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Makisa View Post
    Well continuing in the vein of tmi, I used the reusable ones.

Smell? What?
    I don't know about tampons, but the blood on sanitary napkins starts to rot, because it's exposed to the air, which creates an unpleasant odor. This is especially apparent if you put it in the trash and don't empty the trashcan for a few days.

And yes, maybe the trick is to completely unclothe from the waist down and swap it out while squatting in the bathtub. Then have to hose yourself off and clean out the tub. How convenient.
    Compared to having to remember to buy various sizes of pads each month and have them with me for when I inevitably had to change them, to just emptying my cup about twice a day, it is convenient.

Glad they work for some but you couldn't pay me to use them again. I prefer to use tampons and try to forget the whole thing is happening.
    It's interesting, because I often forget I'm even on my period when I use my cup.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    I have a question for the cup users:
    What if you have to change (empty? ) your cup in a public place/bathroom, where a tub is not readily available to squat in? What do you do? - In general, I don't need specific details.
    (This is a serious question, I know nothing about the cups, other than the cringe feeling I get walking by them at the store, because of the mental picture they give me).
    You can technically change your cup over the toilet, wipe it with some toilet paper, and stick it back in. However, the cup holds so much more liquid than a tampon that you shouldn't ever have that problem. I'm just a fumbly-fingers, so I do it somewhere where I won't drop it in the toilet.

I would try the cup, makes better sense to me, but I haven't been very motivated to change my routine considering my cycle is relatively short and light. A bunch of you gave me shit about my poop question, yes I understand anatomy....but as someone mentioned, it just feels kinda not nice to go #2 with one there. But the more important thing for me is that the tampon gets pushed out a little bit afterwards, and for some reason, I can't get it back to the right spot so that it stays, it's kind of a lost cause at that point. I always wanted to ask other women's experience of that, but it's the weirdest, grossest question ever. Maybe I need a bigger size? Now I feel like our long-lost poster Caramel.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

There there Manx.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    I would try the cup, makes better sense to me, but I haven't been very motivated to change my routine considering my cycle is relatively short and light. A bunch of you gave me shit about my poop question, yes I understand anatomy....but as someone mentioned, it just feels kinda not nice to go #2 with one there. But the more important thing for me is that the tampon gets pushed out a little bit afterwards, and for some reason, I can't get it back to the right spot so that it stays, it's kind of a lost cause at that point. I always wanted to ask other women's experience of that, but it's the weirdest, grossest question ever. Maybe I need a bigger size? Now I feel like our long-lost poster Caramel.
    I'm the one who answered that I do the same thing. I understood your question. I think the other person understood your question as well, for the record. I don't think a bigger size would help. I think you just have a very strong pelvic floor and muscles. A good thing for the fun things that go on down there. Not so fun when pushing is involved when there is something you'd like to stay in place.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Bronze Member

^ I get what you're saying ManxMouse. Same thing happens to me, I've tried different brands & sizes with no luck. I've always just put it down to maybe its because of having a tilted/tipped uterus. It causes irritation from changing so often sometimes, but I'd rather deal with that then wear one improperly placed from trying to push it back in.

Elite Member

If the tampon is coming out when you use the bathroom, you probably are either wearing the wrong size (too long, maybe), or you don't have it fully inserted.
    When you are wearing the proper size tampon & have it inserted correctly, you should not feel it at all.

I asked the anatomy question, part tongue in cheek, because I did not know if you were a woman, and also because my Dr., told my DD's (when teaching them about inserting tampons properly) that when she first started wearing tampons, she didn't realize that she didn't have to remove the tampon when urinating.

lacs, I just read your post, my older DD has a tilted cervix, she is the one who swears by the cup. Maybe that would work for you.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post

lacs, I just read your post, my older DD has a tilted cervix, she is the one who swears by the cup. Maybe that would work for you.
    I'll give them a go, thanks

OB's go wider not longer like tampax. Much better IMO.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

I always liked OB's. My DD, the cup user, does not like that there is no applicator. I can't figure her out....
    SHELLEE likes this.

What do you think, Mo?
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    i was the same way. tampons just never did really "fit" me. It's not my fault that everyone else has a wide-set vagina and a heavy flow! It's also not my fault that my box is nice & tight. I don't think it's that a "bigger" tampon is needed, I'd think shorter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    I'm the one who answered that I do the same thing. I understood your question. I think the other person understood your question as well, for the record. I don't think a bigger size would help. I think you just have a very strong pelvic floor and muscles. A good thing for the fun things that go on down there. Not so fun when pushing is involved when there is something you'd like to stay in place.
    bingo!
    Quote Originally Posted by lacs View Post
    ^ I get what you're saying ManxMouse. Same thing happens to me, I've tried different brands & sizes with no luck. I've always just put it down to maybe its because of having a tilted/tipped uterus. It causes irritation from changing so often sometimes, but I'd rather deal with that then wear one improperly placed from trying to push it back in.
    could be. i would think someone would have mentioned that my shit was tilted by now ... would someone (obgyn) mention that or is that something that you self-diagnose?
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    OB's go wider not longer like tampax. Much better IMO.
    I don't know why they can't all just get it right! Seriously, once all of you are done making babies & shit, just get endometrial ablation.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I remember the first time I was confrontated with all this stuff. My mum gave me a tampon with an applicator and I was hiding for about 30 minutes in the bathroom and had no idea what to do with that thing. I was horrified. I thought it's something created in hell.
    -

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information