Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Taraji P. Henson to send her son to an all-black college so he won’t be profiled

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/taraji-p-...160231468.html

Taraji P. Henson Racial Profiling Claim in Doubt After Video Surfaces
    The Wrap - L.A. Ross ‎March‎ ‎27‎, ‎2015

“Empire” star Taraji P. Henson‘s claim that her son was racially profiled during a traffic stop in Glendale, California last year is in question after police released dash cam video of the Oct. 18 incident.

In an edited version of the 40-minute video obtained by the L.A. Times, Marcel Henson is shown running a yellow light at a crosswalk where a pedestrian is attempting to cross. He is then pulled over for that offense.

Henson admits to the officer that he has marijuana in the car, and the officer thanks Henson for his honesty.

“I appreciate you being honest with me about the weed. I do appreciate that because I do smell weed,” the officer said.

After checking Henson’s ID, the officer asks the 20-year-old to step out of the car and wait on the sidewalk, and Henson complies without argument.

It would appear that the officer was lenient with Henson, giving the man a citation for possession of marijuana, but letting him go for running the yellow light.

“I’m gonna give you a citation for the marijuana,” the officer said. “Listen, I’m not gonna give you a citation for running that yellow, because that’ll actually put a moving violation on your driver’s license, and you’re gonna have to do traffic school and all that stuff. So I’m helping you out by not giving you a violation on that. All I’m gonna do is take the weed.”

The officer may have also given Henson a warning for having smoked marijuana within the last two hours — it’s unclear from the video — and gave him a warning for possessing Ritalin.

“If you have Ritalin on you, and you’re not supposed to, don’t do it,” the officer warned.

“That’s a big violation, and I wouldn’t want to do that to you,” he added.

Henson may have a prescription for the pot, in which case he can present the appropriate documentation in court and have the citation lifted.

Taraji P. Henson told a magazine in February that she planned to transfer her son to Howard University after he experienced racial profiling while visiting schools in Southern California.

"He was in Glendale, California and did exactly everything the cops told him to do, including letting them illegally search his car,” Henson told Uptown magazine.

“It was bogus because they didn’t give him the ticket for what he was pulled over for,” she added.

In the video, the officer asks Marcel Henson to sign an admission of guilt for a lesser offense similar to failure to stop at a stop sign, which avoids the harsher penalties of points on his license and mandatory traffic school that a moving violation would carry.

Taraji P. Henson also claimed that her son was profiled at USC, which the school called “deeply” disturbing.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Jesus, that was the nicest, most lenient cop ever. How come I've never been that lucky. I've never even had drugs on me! Unfair.

I thought weed was legal in CA.

No kidding, I'm shocked at how nice he was.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

No, just Colorado and Washington for now. California just pretty much doesn't prosecute it. Unless its trafficking amounts, you'll just get a fine like a jaywalking ticket.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Geez. That kid must really be pulling one over on his poor mom.

Edited to add: Up to an ounce is basically legal. Sometimes they'll give you a ticket, but usually not.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Damn. Either the kid was lying to his mom or Taraji was pulling some PR crap.
    Sleuth likes this.

My first thought was, "well there will be an uncomfortable family dinner tonight as this kid tries to explain what really happened to his mom."
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ruhoh! No wonder police have dash cams.
    sluce and CornFlakegrl like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

He's a college kid. "I got a DWB and the cop illegally searched my car!" is a lot better in his mind then, "uh, Mom, can you give me money for this ticket? I really want to pay it because the cop caught me with weed and let me off easy." Taraji is probably the kind of mom who raised hell with his teachers whenever he got a bad grade, too, because it couldn't be her little angel's fault. He had problems at college, told a b.s. story about being harassed and gets to switch schools on Mommy's dime.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/taraji-p-...223054285.html

Taraji P. Henson Apologizes to Police Over Racial Profiling Claim
    The Wrap ‎March‎ ‎27‎, ‎2015

“Empire” star Taraji P. Henson issued an apology late Friday to the Glendale Police Department for accusing an officer of racially profiling her son during a traffic stop last fall.

“I would like to publicly apologize to the officer and the Glendale Police Department,” Henson said in an Instagram post. “A mother’s job is not easy and neither is a police officer’s.”

“Sometimes as humans WE overreact without gathering all of the facts,” Henson continued. “As a mother in this case I overreacted and for that I apologize.”

“Thank you to that officer for being kind to my son,” she said.

“Empire” actress said in February that she planned to transfer her son to Howard University after he experienced racial profiling while visiting schools in Southern California.

“He was in Glendale, California and did exactly everything the cops told him to do, including letting them illegally search his car,” Henson told Uptown magazine.

“It was bogus because they didn’t give him the ticket for what he was pulled over for,” she added.

However, in the 40-minute video obtained by the L.A. Times, Marcel Henson is shown running a yellow light at a crosswalk where a pedestrian is attempting to cross. He is then pulled over for that offense.

Also Read: Taraji P. Henson USC Racial Profiling Claims Elicit Response From College

Henson admits to the officer that he has marijuana in the car, and the officer thanks Henson for his honesty.

The officer asks Marcel Henson to sign an admission of guilt for a lesser offense similar to failure to stop at a stop sign, which avoids the harsher penalties of points on his license and mandatory traffic school that a moving violation would carry.
    greysfang likes this.

Elite Member

Oh wow, that was really nice of her to apologize. I bet her son is in a heap of trouble, lol.
    Angeli likes this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Yeah, it really was nice of her to apologize. I can remember my parents having my back one time in particular, when I was lying through my teeth, and I still feel bad about them having to eat crow when the truth came out.
    sluce and Syd like this.

Just saw this on another site. Hopefully that kid gets in trouble. That's pretty embarrassing for her.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Yeah, it really was nice of her to apologize. I can remember my parents having my back one time in particular, when I was lying through my teeth, and I still feel bad about them having to eat crow when the truth came out.
    Me too...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information