Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Tara Palmer-Tomkinson gets nose fixed again, starts partying again

isn't she just some socialite who got to be on tv for no apparent reason, like a Paris Hilton?

she really did mess herself up quite a bit, I would think that she is 59, not the 39 they are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    Can someone conceptualize how much coke it takes to do that? Like are we talking a brick of coke a week? A day?
    ^am not sure, tho wiki has it in terms of money.

Personal life

In 1999, she was treated at the Meadows clinic in Arizona for a cocaine addiction, and since her recovery has supported various drugs charities.[12]
    In 2006, Palmer-Tomkinson received extensive publicity after her septum nasi collapsed due to her former 400-a-day addiction to cocaine. Pictures were printed in several British tabloids. She underwent cosmetic surgery to have it rebuilt, at a cost of 6,000.[13] Some sources claim the surgery was carried out by the late cranio-facial surgeon Martin Kelly, former husband of actress Natascha McElhone.[14]

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    isn't she just some socialite who got to be on tv for no apparent reason, like a Paris Hilton?
    ^she showed some at least limited hope, more so than lindsay/paris (imo).

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson (born 23 December 1971) also known as T P-T,[1] is an English socialite, "it girl", television presenter, columnist and model. Her activities have been well-covered by the British tabloid press, and in the mid to late 1990s, she wrote a weekly column for the Sunday Times and subsequently contributed to The Spectator, The Mail on Sunday, GQ, Eve, Harpers and Queen, Tatler, Instyle and The Observer sporadically.

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No one had really heard of her until the infamous and fatal skiing accident involving Prince Charles a few years ago. Her mother was part of the skiing party and was buried under an avalanche and nearly died. Another friend did die and Prince Charles managed to escape. Allegedly he had led the skiing party off piste.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    am not sure, tho wiki has it in terms of money.

Personal life

In 1999, she was treated at the Meadows clinic in Arizona for a cocaine addiction, and since her recovery has supported various drugs charities.[12]
    In 2006, Palmer-Tomkinson received extensive publicity after her septum nasi collapsed due to her former 400-a-day addiction to cocaine. Pictures were printed in several British tabloids. She underwent cosmetic surgery to have it rebuilt, at a cost of 6,000.[13] Some sources claim the surgery was carried out by the late cranio-facial surgeon Martin Kelly, former husband of actress Natascha McElhone.[14]
    $650/day. That's insane. I looked up historical prices because I really am curious as to how much she was doing.. a gram of it in 1999 was a little over 50 pounds. So she was doing more than two 8 balls a day. That's ridiculous.

"Tara’s popularity soared and her fame reached a peak when she was a runner-up in 2002’s I’m A Celebrity . . . Get Me Out Of Here reality show."

Wow, if being a contestant on this show is your peak, that's sad

Sounds like she will be visiting Amy Winehouse soon.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Dishevelled and shoeless in Soho at 3am... it's a far cry from Tara Palmer-Tomkinson's society days

She had reinvented herself and wowed onlookers at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding earlier this year with her polished and glamorous appearance.
    But on Wednesday night, Tara Palmer-Tomkinson looked worlds away from her society days as she wandered the streets of Soho, dishevelled and shoeless.
    The 39-year-old socialite looked worse for wear as she was spotted heading home following an eventful evening which had seen her apparently get thrown out of London's Cirque nightclub.

What happened? Tara Palmer-Tomkinson looked worse for wear and dishevelled as she left London's Cirque nightclub in the early hours of Thursday morning

Worlds apart: Tara's appearance was in stark contrast to her polished look at the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge earlier this year

The evening had begun well enough as Tara joined close friend Duncan James, from boyband Blue, at exclusive Mayfair restaurant Nobu.
    It is claimed that after Tara's meal at Nobu, she made her way to the nightspot where she partied until 2.30am until she was apparently thrown out of the club by bouncers.

What's going on? Tara looked worlds away from her usual appearance as she waited outside the club with friends including Blue's Duncan James

Ejected? It is claimed Tara was thrown out of the nightclub at around 2.30am

She was then seen arguing with the security guards for around an hour, before eventually getting into a taxi and heading home at approximately 4am.
    Earlier in the evening, Tara was seen pulling her beanie hat over her eyes as she felt her way to a waiting taxi.
    Famous friends: Tara and Duncan started their evening at Mayfair's Nobu restaurant before continuing the evening at Cirque du Soleil

Hiding: Earlier in the evening, Tara pulled her beanie over her face as she staggered to her waiting taxi after dinner

Help Me! Tara's friend can't stop laughing as he guides her to the car door

She also managed to lose one of her towering high heels and after a staggered attempt to put it back on, she opted to go barefoot instead.
    Tara seemed determined to hide her face from the cameras as she left the Mayfair restaurant and dashed past them holding her Chanel handbag up to her face.

Forget them! After an attempt to put them back on her feet, Tara leaves her shoes discarded in the street

We know it's you! Tara covers her face with her Chanel bag as she leaves the restaurant
    My shoe! Tara makes her friends laugh as she loses one of her heels in the street

Tara really knows how to party as just two nights previously she was photographed leaving the notorious Box nightclub in another worse for wear state.
    With her make-up smeared and smudged around her eyes she left and appeared to have words with one of the burly doormen, and even got involved in a flashmob like impromptu dance party in the street.
    She was also spotted by onlookers slumped against a wall outside of the club, was also nursing a cut on her finger.

Where are you going? Tara makes a barefoot dash up the street

Palmer Tomkinson residence, please driver: Duncan James gets in the cab with a bedraggled Tara to take her home

Tara's spokesperson explained: 'She cut her finger quite deeply while picking up her handbag from under the table.

'She caught it on broken glass. Tara then left to have it treated and was naturally in shock.'

Bedraggled: Tara left the notorious nightclub The Box a fortnight ago looking

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson barefoot: Dishevelled and shoeless in Soho at 3am | Mail Online

Dayuum. That is one busted-looking 40 year old.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

I thought that she'd been diagnosed as bi-polar in the last few years?
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    Paris Hilton is a reasonable comparison, although I'd throw in a bit of Kennedy since her background has more prestige. She's from a very privileged family, so she 'started' in the 'society' pages of magazines and newspapers. But because she partied harder and longer than most, and with other celebs, her profile widened. She clearly isn't familiar with words like, 'Stop,' 'Enough,' or 'No,' but she's always seemed good hearted and vulnerable, rather than mean, angry or violent, which is why her press is relatively benign. Also, her love life has always been somewhat sad and lonely, so she has some of the one-of-us vibe, rather than an over-privileged-got-everything-and-still-complains-bitch brittleness. Besides, Blighty has always been tolerant of their eccentrics. If she manages not to die in a blitzkrieg of drugs, drinks and depression, she's bonkers enough to become one of our national treasures by the time she's a pensioner. If she lives that long.
    Daisy Sun likes this.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Nice summery Penn.
    Yeah I always got the "one if us" vibe from her.
    Although she's (obviously) an adult, a lot of this very obviously cones from her upbringing.
    Free Charmed.

I think Lindsey Lohan is deteriorating much faster. She's going to look worse if she makes it to 39.

I once read she was the subject of a Robbie Williams song, "Life thru a Lens", particularly this part:

She's looking real drab just out of rehab
    I'm talking football she's talking ab fab
    Your clothes are very kitch
    Just because your daddy is rich
    You sound so funny with your voice all plummy
    Now your cheque's just bounced better run to your mummy
    And you know it's a class act she'll never ask for it back

I have no ida who she is, but there was a News Anchor (TV Presenter) in the US in the 80s named Jessica Savitch. She did so much cocaine her nose collapsed too. But it does look like a way to stay skinny!
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Nice summery Penn.
    Yeah I always got the "one if us" vibe from her.
    Although she's (obviously) an adult, a lot of this very obviously cones from her upbringing.
    The rest of her family stay out of the limelight. She calls herself the black sheep.

As for being bi-polar, it's the same excuse that Britney used. I guess it sounds better than saying you're addicted to drink and drugs so bad your nose falls off.
    snoopqueen likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information