Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Tanya Roberts, 65, Former Charlies's Angels and That 70's Show, Dead(ish)

From People:
    Former Bond girl Tanya Roberts is not dead despite her husband and representative previously announcing she had died.

The actress, 65, is alive, her publicist Mike Pingel told PEOPLE Monday.

"She was alive at 10 a.m. this morning," Pingel says, adding the actress's husband Lance O'Brien "received a call from the hospital saying she was not dead."

"Currently, it's not looking good," Pingel says of Roberts' health. "It's very dire. Hold her in your prayers."

Roberts was hospitalized on Dec. 24 after she collapsed.

On Sunday, her rep told TMZ that the actress had died earlier that day.

Her husband later told the website that he was able to be with Roberts in what he believed to be her final moments.
    "As I held her in her last moments, she opened her eyes. I was able to see her beautiful eyes one last time. Tanya had the most beautiful eyes," O'Brien said.

So the husband thought she was dead and she was not. What a strange and sad story.

Update from TMZ:
    4:25 PM PT -- We just spoke with Lance. He tells us he went to the hospital Sunday after getting a call from doctors.
    He went to the hospital, and as he sat in her room she opened her eyes and tried to grab on to him, but her eyes closed and she "faded."
    He said he was devastated and walked out of the room and then the hospital and never spoke with medical staff.
    Tanya's rep did tell us, he picked Lance up from the hospital who told him, "She died in my arms."
    HeartShapedBox likes this.

louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Wtf? So, he just got up, walked out, grabbed a cab, and told the world she died? Without checking with any medical staff, doctors, or other personnel? This is some bizarre shit. Who does that?

I've been watching too many crimeshows lately about real crimes. The remark about life insurance reminded me of a case where a woman poisoned her husband, but with too small a dose, so she had to do a do-over........
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I've been watching too many crimeshows lately about real crimes. The remark about life insurance reminded me of a case where a woman poisoned her husband, but with too small a dose, so she had to do a do-over........
    I love true crime shows! I watch so many of them. My daughter, too.
    fgg, HWBL, crayzeehappee and 1 others like this.

And, I don't even think this is her husband, but boyfriend. I don't know that much about her, but she quit That 70's Show to take care of her husband, who was having a medical issue. I am assuming he died and now this joker is the boyfriend? There's been a lot of shadiness on his side that doesn't make sense.
    mopar likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Now she is really dead. RIP!
    From TMZ
    Tanya Roberts died Monday night at L.A.'s Cedars-Sinai Hospital following a bizarre turn of events that included her domestic partner incorrectly telling her rep she had died the day before.
    Her partner, Lance O'Brien, tells TMZ ... he got a call from one of Tanya's doctor's Monday night, just after 9 PM, telling him Tanya had passed.
    As you've probably heard by now, Lance told her publicist on Sunday Tanya was dead. He tried explaining his mistake Monday, telling us he had visited her in the hospital Sunday, and she suddenly opened her eyes but then shut them and he saw her fade away.
    He says he thought she was dead and left, without speaking to medical staff. He got a phone call Monday from Cedars, informing him Tanya was still alive. Tanya's rep, who picked Lance up from the hospital, says he told him, "She died in my arms."
    BITTER likes this.

Elite Member

There was a clip of him giving an interview to Inside Edition yesterday. During it, he found out she was alive. It was bizarre. He is bizarre. He doesn't seem like he's dealing with a full deck.
    Sarzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    Now she is really dead.
    allegedly
    Lofty Bike, fgg, Sarzy and 3 others like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I wonder whether in her last moments she closed her eyes this time
    tulip likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

This is insane:

Yesterday: she's dead. Later yesterday: nope, my mistake, she's still alive. Early today: she's in hospital but still very much alive. 3 hours ago: news about her death was wrong. She's alive! 2 hours ago: TANYA ROBERTS DEAD AT 65 ...After Bizarre Premature Death Pronouncement 42 minutes ago: Tanya Roberts died on Monday night in Los Angeles. She was 65.

Her death, at Cedars-Sinai Hospital, was confirmed on Tuesday by her companion, Lance O’Brien. Her publicist, who was given erroneous information, had announced her death to the news media early Monday, and some news organizations published obituaries about her prematurely.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I'm not buying it. I want to hear from the coroner first.

czb and crayzeehappee like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Poor woman, her publicist announced her cause of death was “a urinary tract infection which spread to her kidney, gallbladder, liver and then blood stream." Strange that she either ignored symptoms or didn’t have any.
    BITTER and crayzeehappee like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Oh for fuck's sake, which is it?
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Poor woman, her publicist announced her cause of death was “a urinary tract infection which spread to her kidney, gallbladder, liver and then blood stream." Strange that she either ignored symptoms or didn’t have any.
    It's not always obvious. As a young woman I had a rather bad kidney infection for months, I felt that something was wrong, but it was so mild that I did not even think of seing a doctor, no fever, no real pain, just a bit uncomfortable. It was randomly found out during a routine check, my results were quite alarming and it took me 6 years to get fully rid of the infection, because it was already kind of chronic, it came back again and again no matter what. You can still see it on my X-rays, my kidneys look a bit "frayed".
    holly, BITTER and crayzeehappee like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information