Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: T.R. Knight and his 19 year old lover

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Actually I do not think it is disgusting really at all. 19 years old is adult, teenage or not. And since when is 19 less than half of 36? They are both adults and for whatever reason they are together so big deal. Again just my opinion as well.
    Yes, we both have our opinions, and i respect yours as much as my own. I just don't see a 36-year-old person, gay or straight, dating a mere teenager (even if he IS of "legal age"--but not by very much), as something that is quite "right". But, again, i am not here to judge, but just to give my opinion.

As for my faulty math--OOPS!--i was using the number "17" (Mark & TR's age difference) instead of Mark's age of "19" when i doubled the number, & of course 17 times 2 came up as 34 (which would've made it less than half TR's age of 36). My bad.

I don't care one way or the other, I just think its funny that they're deluding themselves into thinking they have any connection beyond partying and fucking.

That's the reality. Always was and always will be with that kind of age disparity.
    ^^Yup, that's pretty much the gist of what i think of this issue, too Grimm.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    Ain't nothing wrong with that! And I am certainly not a hawk - I like men my own age, or close to it. Always have, regardless of the age I was.
    Me too, crackho. I don't want an old man unless I'm old too.

The younger ones aren't for me either.... not interested in raising anyone but my chitlins.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think these big age gaps are pretty gross. Sure, technically, at 18 you're an "adult" in the eyes of the law. But that's the law--that means at 18 you can be tried as an adult and you can vote. You're not an adult with life experience and wisdom. You're not even legal drinking age until 21.

People have stories about their parents or their husbands and wives that are all, "Oh, we're twenty years apart, and it's been great!" And that's fine. There are aberrations. But the whole "age is nothing but a number" thing is dangerous and, for the most part, false. A man of 36 is in a completely different place than a 19-year old boy. A 30 year old man is in a completely different place than an 18 year old girl. It's really just about sex....and sure, you're free to make your own decisions. That doesn't mean it's a good decision, or a healthy one.

People will do what they want, but I think large age gaps are problematic and disturbing.

i think there are no hard and fast rules. each couple, each relationship, is unique and has its own dynamic. i've seen very successful marriages where there is a large age difference, and i don't consider them to be 'aberrations', nor am i disturbed by them.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hey..I have known couples (Gay couples) who have gotten together when one was about 20 and the other about 40 or so, and they are still going strong 20 years later. I have seen that in the gay world the 'age' thing is not so strict, as a lot of usual standards of conduct are different-in many ways just being openly gay is a challenge to standards of conduct-it makes pushing other boundaries that much easier.

Surprisingly there ARE people of different generations who have ALOT in common with each other, whether it be in shared values, political beliefs, hobbies and interests, physical attractions, desired qualities in a mate, etc. etc. etc. They may be at different points in their lives, but sometimes that works out as well. You may have a guy who is a homebody and wants to 'settle down' while young, and an older guy who was NOT a homebody in youth, but with age has come to that point-so they may be looking for the same kind of lifestyle even though they are at different stages in their lives.

Try and see things through different perspectives people!

and I respect all of the opinions expressed and did not mean to step on toes in THIS thread anyway.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Hey..I have known couples (Gay couples) who have gotten together when one was about 20 and the other about 40 or so, and they are still going strong 20 years later. I have seen that in the gay world the 'age' thing is not so strict, as a lot of usual standards of conduct are different-in many ways just being openly gay is a challenge to standards of conduct-it makes pushing other boundaries that much easier.
    One of my mom's best friends is gay-- he and his partner have been together for at least 20 years, and there's about a 15 year age gap between them.

His partner (who's the younger of the 2) has had a few cute young boyfriends throughout the years, but I'm assuming they have a mutual understanding about it as it has never caused them to break up.

They throw the most fabulous Christmas parties ever! I have never seen a house so beautifully decorated as theirs. Looks like you've stepped into the pages of a magazine.

So litte TR is a dirty old bastard, who woulda thunk.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    So litte TR is a dirty old bastard, who woulda thunk.
    By saying that you make it sound like something to aspire to. Shit now I want to be a dirty old bastard too!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information