Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Swedish DJ Avicii dead at 28

They had an insane turnout of mourners in Stockholm. He had like Michael Jackson level of fame in his home country.

Avicii's body to be flown home to Sweden this week as police find 'no criminal suspicion' in death

• World-famous DJ Avicii, born Tim Bergling, died at the age of 28 after his body was found in Oman on Friday
    • His body is set to be flown back home to Sweden this week, according to police
    • An Oman police source said there is 'no criminal suspicion' in musician's death
    • Thousands have gathered to mourn the musician in Stockholm and pay tribute to his legacy
    • Videos and photos on social media showed the countless fans singing and dancing to the DJ's biggest hits
    • He suffered from acute pancreatitis due in part to excessive drinking and had his gallbladder removed in 2014
    • In the past, the DJ struggled with addiction and was hospitalised twice for alcohol related issues

By Dailymail.com Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 15:16 EDT, 21 April 2018 | UPDATED: 17:56 EDT, 21 April 2018

• e-

The body of Grammy-nominated electronic dance DJ Avicii will be flown from Muscat, Oman to his native Sweden this week, police have told PEOPLE.

The 28-year-old - whose real name is Tim Bergling - died on Friday while vacationing in the Middle Eastern nation, however a cause of death is still not known.
    But an Oman police source has told Sky there is 'no criminal suspicion' surrounding the musician's death.

+18

Gone too soon: The body of Grammy-nominated electronic dance DJ Avicii, 28, will be flown from Muscat, Oman to his native Sweden this week

The source told the news network that despite two autopsies, 'we absolutely confirmed that there is no criminal suspicion of death'.
    Avicii’s brother, David Bergling, had reportedly traveled to Muscat to find out more about his sibling’s death.
    Thousands have now gathered to mourn the Swedish born musician - who was known for his EDM hits Wake Me Up, Levels and Hey Brother - at Sergels Torg in central Stockholm.

Fans flooded to Sergels Torg to pay tribute to the DJ, listening to his music and celebrating his memory together.

On Instagram, user pridesussie shared a series of photos from the event and wrote: 'Today at Sergels Torg. Memorial time as well as tribute to Avicii. Too young, he became a guardian angel among the clouds.'

+18

Thousands of fans of Avicii's gathered to honour the much-loved producer at Sergels Torg in central Stockholm today

Many of his fans took to Twitter to share their experiences of Sergels Torg and to pay heartfelt tributes to the Swedish DJ

Others described the emotion of the event, which saw fans sing, dance and cry while recounting some of their memories of the DJ and his music.

On Twitter, user Lena Ankarklo commented: 'Avicii on Sergels Torg. We are here and remember and honor the nice, the great and the best Tim. All thoughts to his mom Anki.'

While user namjooncito wrote: 'Went to the memorial for Avicii at Sergels Torg and lots of cameras on our faces when we sang along/cried! But this was so big and memorable.'
    Vladi Mart also shared a photo and wrote: 'Serguei Square, Stockholm. People gathered to say goodbye to the wonderful musician, Tim Bergling. I liked his work, the themes in which he reminded of the value of time and the need to live exactly for today. Thanks for the melodies that bring us joy! He left at the age of 28. Truly, very sorry.'
    Randi Häussler shared a photo from the scene and said: 'Hands up to honor and music from idol Avicii on the Sergelstorg in Stockholm.'
    Instagram user emmyelsa said: 'Heaven just got a new star. Thanks for the music, memories and all the joy you gave millions of people, Tim. Rest in peace and see you on the other side. Love goes out to family & friends in this sad time.'

+18

Several of the DJ's most popular hits were played during the tribute with thousands of fans seen dancing and singing along

+18

One Avicii fan thanked the DJ for reminding him of the importance of 'living exactly for today' while sharing a photo of the memorial

The musician was seen just days ago while posing with fans at the luxury Muscat Hills Resort, though to be some of the last photos of him alive.
    Born Tim Bergling, Avicii quit touring in 2016 due to battles with his health, suffering from acute pancreatitis and had to have his gallbladder and appendix removed in 2014.
    In the past, the DJ struggled with addiction and was hospitalised twice for alcohol related issues.

Read more: Avicii's body to be flown home to Sweden this week as police find 'no criminal suspicion' in death | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    arie_skop likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

wow what a turnout.

The Broken Arrows video clip is so touching, what a beautiful story.
    Last edited by arie_skop; April 21st, 2018 at 08:38 PM.

Love Avicii. This song
    <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtF6Jej8yb4" target="_blank">

"One day you'll leave this world behind
    So live a life you will remember."
    My father told me when I was just a child
    Sunnygirl and MohandasKGanja like this.

Monday, April 23, 2018

Blind Item #2

Apparently this foreign born former A+ list performer who was retired was out one night and saw this guy all over a very young teen. Our former performer didn't know it was a child bride situation. He interfered in the pawing and abuse. The next night our performer was dead.

Posted by ent lawyerat6:45 AM

Avicii is the only guess.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yeah nah I don't buy that. Enty made out that another celeb death wasn't as it seemed too. Can't remember who now.

Apparently they ruled out murder. So the blind does not fit.

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    Apparently they ruled out murder. So the blind does not fit.
    Not that I believe Enty and Avicii did have his own problems but we are talking middle east so ruling out murder ... BUt then again how many Russian heart attacks happened in the last year in DC. So ...
    BelledeJour, greysfang and redcat like this.

My brother inlaw spent this last weekend at Coachella where he said there were a lot of Avicii tributes. The videos on YouTube are awful shaky footage videos so until a good one is posted I won’t share here. Avicii documentary True Stories was just released on Netflix on April 2nd so I am trying to get a copy of it. I am probably one of the few who doesn’t have Netflix account. I watched a bunch of his live appearances on YouTube over the weekend and leaned where her got the name/moniker Avicii from:

“Bergling explained that the name Avicii means "the lowest level of Buddhist hell" (Avīci) and he chose the moniker because his real name was already used upon creating his Myspace page”

Another fun fact I learned- He was the only DJ to ever headline sold out shows at Radio City Music Hall.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Enty just hit a new low. This guy had been suffering ill health and addiction for a long time so while his death may seem shocking due to his age, the cold, hard fact of it is that this is what happens to addicts.
    Lofty Bike, Sarzy, levitt and 3 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Really no clue who this is but damn 28 is too freaking young.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I find it hard to believe that blind. Avicii had a number of health problems and apparently used to drink on a daily basis.

His parents released a statement that makes is sound like it was suicide.

Quite a few of the recent celeb deaths seem to have been suicide. Sad

longer' and 'really struggled with thoughts about life and happiness' before he was found dead aged 28

• Avicii's family pen open letter saying the DJ 'couldn't go on and wanted peace'
    • Tim 'Avicii' Bergling found dead in Muscat, Oman, aged 28, on Friday
    • Swedish DJ retired from touring in 2016 after mental and physical health issues
    • Avicii: True Stories shows him coming under pressure to continue to tour

Read more: Avicii's family say the DJ 'could not go on any longer' | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The family of Swedish DJ Avicii has said the 28-year-old 'could not go on any longer and wanted peace', in an open letter published today.
    Avicii, whose real name was Tim Bergling, was found dead in the city of Muscat, Oman, on Friday last week.
    While the cause of the DJ's death has not been made public, his parents said Thursday that 'Tim was not made for the machinery he ended up in'.

A spokeswoman for the artist declined to confirm whether he had committed suicide. The family's letter reads: 'Our beloved Tim was a seeker, a fragile artistic soul who always carried great existential questions.
    'An overperforming perfectionist who travelled and worked hard at a tempo which led to extremely difficult stress.

'When he stopped touring, he wanted to find a balance in life to feel good and be able to do what he loved the most - music.'
    'He truly battled thoughts about the Meaning, Life, Happiness.
    'Now, he could not go on any more. He wanted peace.
    'Tim was not made for the machinery he ended up in, he was a sensitive guy who loved his fans, but shunned the spotlight,' the statement read.
    'Tim, you will forever be loved and missed. Who you were and your music will carry on the memory of you.
    'We love you, the family'.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5660905/Avicii-family-say-DJ-not-longer.html
    (excerpt, the Daily Mail article is longer with info not relevant to the statement)
    Sarzy likes this.

That's really sad, he really did struggle with fame and drinking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information