Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Oh okay. I wasn't aware that she had been labeled with brain damage due to lack of oxygen from birth. I hadn't heard anyone speak about it before,...so I assumed everyone thought she was okay, and just a tad odd.

There's probably a LOT of adults out there who are on the spectrum to varying degrees who have been labeled "a bit touched" or considered to be a weird/quirky but unless someone joins the dots and they then choose to go for an assessment they don't realise it. I think that my fiance is possibly on the spectrum somewhere and while he agrees with me that it's definitely a possibility he's so far chosen not to pursue the matter and is quite happy to carry on being merely eccentric for the time being.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I just love her! Bless her heart...going all these years undiagnosed. Well, now, she can be a role model and inspiration to others with Asperger's.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Even now, getting a proper diagnosis can be almost impossible. It took me 8 years to get the diagnosis of Asperger's for my son. For the last 4 years of the search, I kept suggesting the possibility to doctors and was brushed off.

Fresh health fears for SuBo as stint on Jonathan Ross Show is axed after 'confused and zombie-like' appearance

• 52-year-old singer has had a string of problems
    • Revealed this week that she suffers from Asperger’s
    • Onlookers said the singer appeared ‘confused and zombie-like’

By SIMON CABLE
    PUBLISHED: 01:25, 14 December 2013 | UPDATED: 11:57, 14 December 2013

Fears: Susan Boyle was due to appear on the Jonathan Ross Show but it was cancelled

Susan Boyle has sparked further fears for her health after a planned appearance on The Jonathan Ross Show had to be cancelled following a ‘shambolic’ performance.

The 52-year-old singer has had a string of problems since finding fame on Britain’s Got Talent in 2009 and revealed this week that she suffers from Asperger’s – a form of autism.

She was scheduled to appear as a guest on a special Christmas edition of Ross’s ITV1 chat show alongside Jamie Oliver and Sir David Attenborough, and had agreed to sing.

But her representatives said she was suffering from a virus when filming took place on Monday.

Onlookers said the singer appeared ‘confused and zombie-like’ as she battled through rehearsals and had to be helped on and off the stage and given water.

The troubled star eventually walked out of the recording session for the show, which is to be broadcast on Saturday, December 28.

She had also been due to make an appearance on BBC1’s The One Show on the same day, but pulled out.

One onlooker said: ‘Susan was in such a state. She was confused, eyes glazed, and needed to be led on and off stage. She also needed help drinking water. Her performance was very shambolic. She was supposed to be singing Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire, but it didn’t work.

‘Finally it was announced she wouldn’t be included in the show.’

A representative for Miss Boyle said: ‘Susan picked up a virus when she was in New York and had a very bad throat infection. It was nothing more than that. She tried very hard to perform, but was unable to do so in the end. Unfortunately her appearance had to be cancelled.’

Miss Boyle has suffered several high-profile problems since she shot to fame in 2009 when her audition on Britain’s Got Talent became a global sensation on YouTube.

She checked in to The Priory clinic hours after coming second in the show’s final. In January 2010, she stunned passengers in a VIP lounge at Heathrow airport by shouting swear words and singing into a mop.

Filming: 52-year-old SuBo was supposed to appear on the show but had a 'shambolic' performance

The following year, her brothers John and Gerry voiced concerns for the Scottish singer’s ability to handle the pressures of global stardom.

In May 2012, she is alleged to have sworn at fellow customers in Burger King at a motorway service station in Cheshire.

Earlier this week she revealed she has been diagnosed with Asperger’s – a form of autism that mainly affects social interaction and communication skills – and said that she feels ‘relieved’ to understand her condition, which had gone undetected.

Miss Boyle, who has an estimated fortune of over £20million and has sold more than 19million albums, employs a team to help her combat her anxiety difficulties. She has previously spoken about her struggles with depression but says she is now in a healthy and positive place.

The singer’s latest single is her version of the hymn O Come All Ye Faithful, which has been digitally remastered to turn it into a duet with Elvis Presley, who died in 1977.

It is being released to raise money for Save The Children.

Read more: Susan Boyle's Jonathan Ross Show performance axed after throat infection | Mail Online

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information