Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Susan Boyle Has Her First Boyfriend at Age 53

Back on topic, I'm not sure how musically gifted Susan Boyle is. All I have heard are cover songs - in particular the murder of Wild Horses.

A*O

She can sing, especially now she's been properly trained. But she's not exceptional. I think her popularity is more about the "rags to riches, plucked from obscurity" back story. I just hope she has a decent backup team/managers because in many ways she's a sitting duck for every shyster out there.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Yep, Sparkles, that's exactly what we are going through right now in this house. Numbers too and patterns too.

He sure keeps me on my toes. It sucks to be out logic'd by a 3 year old with a very dry sense of humor.
    sluce, sparkles and Kittylady like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

A*O

Interesting that so many of our GR Krew have Aspie kids. In my daughter's case it's entirely hereditary via MrAO's side of the family, natch.
    sparkles likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Bronze Member

53 years...
    Now she is going for the second child right?
    Living in the jungle! and following

Bronze Member

Long-time lurker here, just wanted to say that I am an Aspie.

And it is now starting to become apparent that my only child, my 5-year-old daughter, also is afflicted with high-functioning Autism. However we aren't positive. There are areas in which she does not seem autistic. She is extremely smart, friendly, & sweet, but her main area she is having difficulty in is problems with communication, which is also a huge problem for myself. She & I kind of "speak our own language" and understand each other in ways that nobody else is able to.

Asperger's has made my life a living hell in some ways, but in many ways I'm proud of being an Aspie and probably wouldn't change a thing (if given the opportunity to be "normal").

If any of you that have Aspie kids, would ever like to ask me anything, please do. I'd be happy to help answer any questions anyone might have.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    She can sing, especially now she's been properly trained. But she's not exceptional. I think her popularity is more about the "rags to riches, plucked from obscurity" back story. I just hope she has a decent backup team/managers because in many ways she's a sitting duck for every shyster out there.
    She was a much better singer when she was young, I mean her reocrdings made in 1999 were flawless. Of course the back story is usually all that puhes people through those kind of TV competitions.

Interesting that so many of our GR Krew have Aspie kids. In my daughter's case it's entirely hereditary via MrAO's side of the family, natch.
    Some of the GR Krew are Aspies ourselves.
    Bombshell likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Piece View Post
    L
    Asperger's has made my life a living hell in some ways, but in many ways I'm proud of being an Aspie and probably wouldn't change a thing (if given the opportunity to be "normal").

If any of you that have Aspie kids, would ever like to ask me anything, please do. I'd be happy to help answer any questions anyone might have.

I would absolutely LOVE to take you up on this. I can't thank you enough for that offer. This is all new to me (only a year into this), and I still haven't really found my footing.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I'm pretty sure I'm a "milder" (for lack of a better word) version of an Aspie too.
    ikmccall likes this.
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

A*O

You often see media reports (usually either sensationalised or plain incorrect) about the "epidemic" of Aspergers/autism. I don't think it's more prevalent, rather that it's more frequently recognised and diagnosed. It can be very tricky to formally diagnose as apart from a few shared traits each individual manifests differently. Even now my daughter isn't an official Aspie because she's very much at the borderline end of the spectrum. But she's deffo ON the spectrum.

She had more difficulty handling it when she was very young as her speech development was very late and then very slow. School was a lonely experience with no real friends and bullying. She was the shy, quiet kid sitting alone on the sidelines. It's much easier for her now she's a young adult and she actually understands her condition.
    sparkles likes this.

Yesterday I read this article on a new way to test. The brain is of endless fascination to me and I love how they have captured images showing how differently the brain of a person on the spectrum responds to a hug.

http://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/arch...ersautism.html
    Lobelia likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    I would absolutely LOVE to take you up on this. I can't thank you enough for that offer. This is all new to me (only a year into this), and I still haven't really found my footing.
    It takes quite awhile from my experience. My son wasn't diagnosed until he was in grade 9- not from a lack of trying on my part. He is now 16 and in grade 12 (skipped grade 2). I am still learning every day. He is just an amazing person. If I can be of any help,please just contact me.

It's the eyebrow transformation.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information