She's gonna put knots in his pecker...
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Why bitter, why????
    BITTER likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^^^Why do you think?

I think you're the cutest thing. for real, you crack me up.
    BITTER likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

greysfang, SHELLEE, sluce and 1 others like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Maybe he fell in love with her amazing voice, met her and decided she was as awesome as the voice. Y'all bitches are so cynical.
    I absolutely and genuinely hope that this is the case. Everybody needs a little love and romance in their lives now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Aspies make great doctors. The bed side manner may be lacking but the attention to detail is phenomenal.
    Anything that requires attention to detail, really. I'm sure that the Bloke is somewhere on the spectrum because he has so many traits. When something interests him he becomes totally obsessive and encyclopedic about it and never forgets anything about it. Birthdays, anniversaries, doctors appointments? Forget it, but ask him about the components about a piece of electronics from however many years/decades ago and you'll be chewing off your own leg to escape before he shuts up. All of that and his ability to see things in ways that others can't/don't make him an excellent engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
    This news makes me ridiculously happy! It gives me hope for my son. As an aside, when I think of the number of doctors and university professors I've had over the years who are, in retrospect most likely on the spectrum, it amazes me. Perhaps it's because my major was Classics (Ancient Greek, Latin etc...), but still.
    There's always hope for your son. You never know, if he develops an interest in space travel you could be living with a future NASA engineer. I remember reading that NASA runs special sheltered programmes for people with autism and aspergers because they can be so valuable in the work they do.
    sparkles and lindsaywhit like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Kittylady, I never knew about Nasa's programes. Smart of them. My son's passion is words. Of every language. He wants to study linguistics and spends a lot of his time creating his own languages based on the constructs of existing ones. He's 16 and graduates high school in June so he is pretty young. He would like to take a gap year before university and I am all for it provided he spends time studying something and volunteering (or working) part time. He is a happier boy when he has a routine.

That is interesting sparkles. I recently read an article about dying languages and was shocked to find that almost half of the 7000 languages spoken are in danger of extinction. There is a big push to save these, or at least record them, before it is too late. There may be a nice career here for him? The article led me to the enduring voices project website: Enduring Voices Project, Endangered Languages, Map, Facts, Photos, Videos -- National Geographic
    Kittylady and Bombshell like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

That's amazing Sparkles, I've tried studying languages for years and have absolutely no talent for it whatsoever so I'm jealous! Is there some sort of work experience he can do that's related to his interests?
    sparkles likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Sluce, I am going to pass that link on to him. Thank you so much. Karistiona, I have no idea if a degree in linguistics will enable my son to find a career. His perfect job would be to simply sit and think. Sometimes he is simply not of this world. I just have to get him to finish high school. He doesn't understand why he has to complete grade 12. He has never cracked a book and still manages to get over an 80% average. When I try to explain that he needs really good marks to get into university and even better ones for a scholarship (my husband is laid off for the second time in 2 years so this is particularly important) he replies with the following logic... "Why do I need to answer that question on the exam? I just wrote an essay on that exact topic so the teacher knows that I know it." How do I argue with that? When I repeated this remark to his doctors, they all burst out laughing and reply "perfect Aspie logic".

Aspies make great doctors. The bed side manner may be lacking but the attention to detail is phenomenal.
    No, I meant that re. AO's "I'm sure this is nothing to do with the fact she's a naive, vulnerable, easily manipulated multi millionaire." Cause with my relatives (and probably those of many other people) being a doctor would erase any personality flaws.
    sluce and lindsaywhit like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

It's like the old Sarah Silverman joke "I was raped by a doctor … which is so bittersweet for a Jewish girl"

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

That is interesting sparkles. I recently read an article about dying languages and was shocked to find that almost half of the 7000 languages spoken are in danger of extinction. There is a big push to save these, or at least record them, before it is too late. There may be a nice career here for him? The article led me to the enduring voices project website: Enduring Voices Project, Endangered Languages, Map, Facts, Photos, Videos -- National Geographic
    My three year old Aspie kiddo may save a few. One of his particular splinter skills is Hyperlexia, as well as a natural penchant for other languages. Without working on it, he's got quite a bit of Italian, Korean, Spanish and French.

I'm terrified of how smart this kid is. Honestly. TERRIFIED.
    sluce and BITTER like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

A*O

Aspies may be exasperating sometimes (often?) but it's not for any lack of intelligence. They usually have a high IQ. Where they fall down is crap social skills. They also have specific areas of expertise - languages, maths, music, etc - but each individual is different. It's a hard condition to define with specifics. My daughter excels at computer graphics/animation and has fantastic spatial awareness skills but can't handle languages at all except binary perhaps.
    sparkles and Kittylady like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    My three year old Aspie kiddo may save a few. One of his particular splinter skills is Hyperlexia, as well as a natural penchant for other languages. Without working on it, he's got quite a bit of Italian, Korean, Spanish and French.

I'm terrified of how smart this kid is. Honestly. TERRIFIED.
    You could be describing my son. I have heard a doctor refer to hyperlexia with regard to him. And smart...wow! He was reading full sentences at 2 1/2, had learned quite a bit of Spanish and French, the ancient Greek alphabet, and wanted to learn the Hebrew alphabet. I remember pushing him up the hill in his stroller after our regular trips to the library. He was no older than 2 1/2 or 3. He would be reading some huge book he borrowed and people would walk by saying "Isn't that cute. He thinks he can read." He was. It's an experience isn't it?
    sluce likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information