Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surgical masks must be worn around the Jennifer Lopez twins

Quote Originally Posted by dcfan View Post
    When a friend of mine had her 1st baby, she kept bottles of Purell everywhere and you had to use the lotion before you touched the baby.
    I think everyone should was their hands before touching a newborn baby, especially this time of year with the flu being so bad... Shit I want people to touch me with clean hands.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

^^ I agree about handwashing, but surgical gloves and masks are a bit much.

When my cousin was born my aunt insisted that everyone spray themselves down with Lysol before coming around the baby. I love her to death, but that's crazy!

My kids were passed around to whomever wanted to hold them and no one had to wash up beforehand. They turned out okay ... well, mostly.

a friend of mine always makes fun of his wife for still sterilising their twin daughters' bottles even though they're almost 1 and spend a lot of time crawling around on the floor and putting everything they find into their mouths.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Babies have to develop a good immune system somehow. Is she going to put them in a bubble or something?

I think it's fucking funny because they just released a study that showed surgical masks were useless against germs flying around in the air.

Idiot.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^We all know JLO isn't the brightest bird in the flock.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Actually, the germ thing could very well be true. Some people become terrible clean freaks after they have a baby. The downside to that, though, is if a child's environment is too clean, they don't get a chance to build up a resistance to ordinary germs and crap outside the home. As a result, they tend to get sick more than other children.

Crap, the quote button won't work...anyway, I agree and who wants to bet those kids come down with every childhood illness known to mankind?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I've never seen a baby I wanted to hold bad enough to go through any of this crap just to pacify some loony mom who crapped out her common sense with her placenta.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    a friend of mine always makes fun of his wife for still sterilising their twin daughters' bottles even though they're almost 1 and spend a lot of time crawling around on the floor and putting everything they find into their mouths.
    Wow..... aside from good old-fashioned hot water and soap I never sterilized my kids' bottles.

Somehow all 3 of them survived!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I think everyone should was their hands before touching a newborn baby, especially this time of year with the flu being so bad... Shit I want people to touch me with clean hands.
    ITA! New borns are susceptable to lots of stuff, esp if they're not breast fed (I dunno if JLo does or not) as breatmilk contains antibodies that help fight against germs.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Ok-listen! I was just as bad (if not worse) the first 6 weeks. The only reason I woke up was that he got sick anyway! Maybe it has something to do with being born in February-the height of everyone catching everything! Or maybe its realizing you are now the Mother of an Aquarius!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^it's ok to be over protective of the new love of your life. better than neglectful, I think.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

I can somewhat understand for a newborn, esp. in the first few weeks to a month. However, your kids have to development an immune system somehow.

My sister, a nurse, was telling me about those sanitizing wipes at grocery stores for the shopping carts. Apparently they are a super strong, very harsh sanitizing chemical that they use at hospitals, with gloves on. She said she would never use that on a cart because your kid is more than likely going to bite the handle and it would be awful to ingest that cleanser. I also think it's somewhat crazy to use those little blanket things in shopping carts to protect your kid. Then again, I'm not a mom, so who knows how I'll change when that happens.

I can see using the blanket covers on the shopping carts because you have no idea who touched it last and what they may have. As for the rest, it seems like J-Lo has gone a little overboard as do many new Moms. I am of the school where you allow some exposure to help build their immune systems. Heck I was even told to not vacuum for the first few weeks to allow the baby to adjust to dust which would lower her chances of developin allergies to dust mites.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information