Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Surfer Rescues DROWNING Anne Hathaway From A Riptide In Hawaii

^ it's supposed to be a good place for snorkeling because of the reef but there was a rocky outline extending into the water which was dangerously close to it. as the big waves came rolling in, more and more people returned to the beach.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't swim in large bodies of water. If I can't see the bottom, then I'm not swimming in it. Plus, there are all those critters in there (irrational fear of jellyfish, sharks, attack clams).

Quote Originally Posted by junebug630 View Post
    WTF? it looks like her husband is biting her toenails! I dont' think I have ever seen anyone with a first aid kit and what looks like hydrogen peroxide with them ever attempt to "suck the toxins" out of a guys feet. Are you sure her husband is just not into feet?
    I know...I'm still laughing over the toxic toe sucking too. She looks pretty damn into it as well. And how convenient that he has a first aid kit AND hydrogen peroxide on hand. Also so convenient there was someone there with a camera to record the traumatizing experience and scary toe sucking aftermath. Sheesh, if your toe was in danger, go the ER, drama queen. *rolleyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    I was being nice too, the whole thing seems rather staged. Her rescuer is standing up, so how deep is the water
    Yep. Oh the horror.
    Palermo likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I am cautious just when standing on a beach beside the pacific bc of sneaker waves. No fucking way will I get in there.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

WHO brings a first aid kit to the beach with them? Besides a lifeguard?

^^
    my mother.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Not sure if I am proud or disappointed. Normally any thread about Anne is filled with how much everyone hates her. Only msdeb mentioned the hate. I had expected posts that were bad. LOL
    I know!!!

i just hope that she removers to mention him in her next Oscar speech!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I know...I'm still laughing over the toxic toe sucking too. She looks pretty damn into it as well. And how convenient that he has a first aid kit AND hydrogen peroxide on hand. Also so convenient there was someone there with a camera to record the traumatizing experience and scary toe sucking aftermath. Sheesh, if your toe was in danger, go the ER, drama queen. *rolleyes*

Yep. Oh the horror.
    Wasn't the newly-we'd-not-consummated BI supposed to be about them???
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    attack clams
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    This is why I love the Caribbean.
    Before my stroke I was a very strong swimmer. I've been in the Atlantic, lakes and rivers. The Caribbean was scary to me. Roughest water ever! Walked in to my knees and was knocked down fast. It was still fun though. To be fair....the danger flags were out the whole time I was there.

It depends on how close you are to the Atlantic. If you are on the Caribbean side of any island, it's like a bath tub.

And if she drowned, the paparazzi would get rich with those photos "Save her or take a picture? Picture!"

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Wasn't the newly-we'd-not-consummated BI supposed to be about them???
    Maybe the toe sucking is the closest she's gotten so far.
    Palermo likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I am leaning towards stage for pics, very convenient the paps were there to take those pics. There more pics of her now with huge PDA's and a holding a baby today.

I grew up and currently live minutes away from the beach and I've never been in the ocean and not have my feet touch the ground. I have a weird fear of deep water when it comes to oceans/lakes/rivers.... the thought of the unknown swimming under me freaks me out.

Rip tides have literally swept me off my feet a handful of times in my life. Definitely scary. But growing up near the ocean the "swim sideways" thing was pounded into my head since I was little, thankfully

That toe sucking photo almost made me lose my lunch, btw.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

I grew up vacationing in Hawaii at lest once a year, I remember my dad having his swimming trucks torn off while body surfing in the gigantic waves. I do think people underestimate what it feels like when the water takes over and pulls you out or under. I will swim in the ocean, but never turn my back on it and I try to stick to areas which are predictable from past experience. Even then, it's the ocean, of course it's risky. It always shocks me when I see parents letting their small children wade where there are medium sized waves. The parents will be way up on the beach, too far away to do any good if the kids suddenly get knocked under. And whhhyy is he sucking on her toe? Just squeeze it, put some rubbing alcohol, some neosporin and wrap that up. He probably is making it worse from the germs in his mouth. Gross. The sneaker waves here in NorCal are something different altogether, I never dealt with that in SoCal--maybe once in my life, at The Wedge in Newport, but that was it and I was at the beach very frequently when I lived there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information