Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Supermodel Bar Refaeli Arrested in Israel for Tax Evasion

fgg

Model Bar Refaeli suspected of tax evasion in Israel

Jerusalem (AFP) - Israel's most famous model Bar Refaeli is suspected of tax evasion and will be called into a hearing ahead of her possible indictment, authorities said Thursday.

The 33-year-old could be charged pending the hearing, while her parents are also suspected of money laundering, a justice ministry statement said.

She is suspected of not declaring income received abroad between 2009 and 2012 at a value of some 23 million shekels ($6.1 million, 5.4 million euros).

Her parents Tzipi and Rafi Refaeli are suspected of money laundering and are also being called in for a hearing.

Model Bar Refaeli suspected of tax evasion in Israel
    AFP AFP 6 hours ago
    Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

Israeli model Bar Refaeli poses during the Cannes Film Festival in France on May 22, 2014 (AFP Photo/ALBERTO PIZZOLI)
    Jerusalem (AFP) - Israel's most famous model Bar Refaeli is suspected of tax evasion and will be called into a hearing ahead of her possible indictment, authorities said Thursday.

The 33-year-old could be charged pending the hearing, while her parents are also suspected of money laundering, a justice ministry statement said.

She is suspected of not declaring income received abroad between 2009 and 2012 at a value of some 23 million shekels ($6.1 million, 5.4 million euros).

Her parents Tzipi and Rafi Refaeli are suspected of money laundering and are also being called in for a hearing.

Related Video: Bar Refaeli Slammed Over ‘Racist’ Ad

"The prosecutor's office has informed Bar Refaeli, Tzipi Refaeli and Rafi Refaeli that it intends to charge them for fiscal fraud," the statement said.

Israeli authorities suspect her and her mother of having lied about residing abroad in order to pay less in taxes.

She is also suspected of living in luxury apartments registered in the names of her mother and brother, as well as not declaring cars made available to her.

She was already detained and questioned in 2015.

It is not the first time the swimsuit model, who in the past dated actor Leonardo DiCaprio, allegedly found loopholes in Israeli law to her benefit.

She had in the past stirred controversy when she evaded her two years of mandatory military service by marrying a friend of her father's, only to divorce him a short while later.

She is now married to Israeli businessman Adi Ezra.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/model-bar...142109842.html
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Again? Or is this the same case?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

In jail yet?
    sprynkles, Beeyotch and denny like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Pay your damn taxes.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

i think it's the same case.
    what's weird here is that the case also involves her parents. she should pay her taxes but at the same time, i wonder if this isn't also a case of israel unfairly taxing her? cause that happens a lot in other countries with people who spend a lot of time abroad or are kind of live in several places.
    tax laws are a pain in the ass. if she's earning most of her money abroad, it probably makes sense for her to no longer legally reside in israel. countries have super complicated tax laws and some of them end up double taxing you if you are a citizen but live most of the time elsewhere. a close family friend retired to a country in europe, but because of the tax laws, she can only spend 6 months minus one day there per year, and spends the rest of the time with her children or traveling because otherwise she would end up being taxed twice because despite the tax agreement between the country she retired to and the country she worked in and gets her pension from, she would still end up being taxed at a higher rate than if she lived in either one of those countries, which is bullshit. to make it even more complicated, her husband is from another country which makes the whole tax thing even more complex.
    Mrs P and denny like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Isn't Shakira going through a similar thing with Spain? Seems like you need a team of lawyers in every country to wade through this stuff. I didn't understand why her parents were being brought into this except that they're actually accused of money laundering and she's only accused of the tax issues. I'm actually more curious about the parents' story - are they lifelong shady types or were they trying to launder some of Bar's money because they didn't know what else to do with it?
    sputnik likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information