Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Stevie Nicks: I Was Once Pregnant With Don Henley's Baby

'Silver Springs' never made it to the original Rumours album, it was the b-side to the Go Your Own Way single.

For those too young to remember what a b-side is, google is your friend.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Lindsey is a self admitted asshole. Stevie abd the rest of FM confirm. Some of the stories about both of their behavior is out there. I think the excesses of the 70s and 80s did a number on both of them, in various ways.

Stevie has previously hinted at violence in their relationship as well- it started after the "fame" came along.

There's footage of him kicking her on stage at one point. She also told a story about him pinning her up against a car back in the late 70s.
    .I haven't read Carol Ann ' s book. There's lots of info on message boards about her, not much of it flattering.
    Carol Ann does not come across all that well in her own book.

Well, she could die before she ever gets it written. She had best get to writing it and then have it placed with a lawyer, waiting to be released upon her death.

If it was me, I'd say,..fuck the rest of them, I'd just right the mother fucker now.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Well, she could die before she ever gets it written. She had best get to writing it and then have it placed with a lawyer, waiting to be released upon her death.

If it was me, I'd say,..fuck the rest of them, I'd just right the mother fucker now.
    She's said in the past if she doesn't get to writing her autobiography before she dies, they can release her journals. She's kept journals since she was a young girl. I'd love to read the coked out, Klonopin haze years.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I am obviously in the minority. I don't like Stevie Nicks, never did care for her voice. I much prefer Christine McVie.
    Sylkyn and ikmccall like this.

I totally love her voice. I used to try to sound like her. I'd sing with my noise closed, trying to get that nasal sound she had. I still try to do it. I've been in love with FM since jr. high.

This has to be my favorite Stevie song. She is singing with her sister Lori here.

Last edited by sprynkles; October 5th, 2014 at 04:13 PM.
    gas_chick likes this.

I hate her voice, it really sounds goaty. But she was good with FM.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by AnnT View Post
    I am obviously in the minority. I don't like Stevie Nicks, never did care for her voice. I much prefer Christine McVie.
    I like both of them but each has a sound that is suited to the songs they sing. I've heard recordings of them singing the songs the other normally performed and it didn't work half as well.

On a side note my dear old adopted dad has very fond memories of seeing and meeting Christine McVie when she was still called Christine Perfect and performed with Chicken Shack at our local community college in the late '60's. He's had a serious crush on her ever since.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I totally love her voice. I used to try to sound like her. I'd sing with my noise closed, trying to get that nasal sound she had. I still try to do it. I've been in love with FM since jr. high.

This has to be my favorite Stevie song. She is singing with her sister Lori here.
    Love Nightbird. Her sister in law has rejoined her touring now that her daughter is grown. Lori and Sharon's voices are still amazing after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I hate her voice, it really sounds goaty. But she was good with FM.
    The coke totally ruined her voice. The last 4-5 years though she seems to have reclaimed some of the "old" quality of it. She has a vocal coash who I think must be working out well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I like both of them but each has a sound that is suited to the songs they sing. I've heard recordings of them singing the songs the other normally performed and it didn't work half as well.

On a side note my dear old adopted dad has very fond memories of seeing and meeting Christine McVie when she was still called Christine Perfect and performed with Chicken Shack at our local community college in the late '60's. He's had a serious crush on her ever since.
    IMO, Christine's voice is a bit masculine- there's something about it I don't particularly like outside of the early FM incarnations where they were a blues band. "Songbird" is an awesome song tho.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information