Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star Jones files for divorce from the very straight Al Reynolds

I'm surprised that they lasted as long as they did.

elrock

Quote Originally Posted by elrock6 View Post
    I'm surprised that they lasted as long as they did.
    I'm not. Star had a LOT invested in this marriage. After making such a big deal about their great love story, the wedding, the books, etc., it has to be a huge blow to her ego.

My question is...what was the final straw? The fact that he's gay..or that he's a freeloader?

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I wonder if she caught him in bed with her dildo and his boyfriend.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    I'm not. Star had a LOT invested in this marriage. After making such a big deal about their great love story, the wedding, the books, etc., it has to be a huge blow to her ego.

My question is...what was the final straw? The fact that he's gay..or that he's a freeloader?
    Hmmm, she recently lost her job at CourtTv, or whatever they are calling it now. She's not pulling down the bucks so she can't keep BGA in silk hosiery. Think that might have something to do with it?

Somewhere Terri McMillan is sitting there laughing her ass off saying.. I tried to tell that stupid bitch 'didn't she see me on Oprah!!

I can't feel sorry for her since she whored out her wedding/marriage. I think they used each other..she used him to publicize her weight loss( she took him everywhere!!), and he used her for..well he just used her!

She knew what she was getting into! Oh well will the old Star return?!

Poor Star..I wonder id she'll right a book about it? Will it be fiction...or non fiction?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

His face is priceless.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hit By Ban Bus!

[quote=sparkly;1169108]

whatever I was going to say left me, my gosh that is one grose picture.. she looks like Gollum

Silver Member

WOW! I glad she divorced him. Now he can actually get a job.

Star's old colleagues at "The View" are amused.

Starstruck union ending
    Marriage between Jones, Reynolds began with hype, winds up under cloud of rumors about his sexuality

April 24, 2008

BY BILL ZWECKER Sun-Times Columnist

Virtually everyone hearing Star Jones’ announcement Wednesday — that she had filed for divorce from Al Reynolds — greeted the news with, ‘‘I’m surprised it lasted this long!’’

A longtime producer on ‘‘The View,’’ Jones’ old TV chatfest, told me, ‘‘You could hear the giggles and laughter all the way down the hall’’ as her colleagues saw the first online flash of the news on TMZ’s Web site Wednesday. Jones announced that she had filed for divorce March 26 in a New York City court. The records for the ‘‘uncontested matrimonial’’ case were sealed.

Though there was no official statement from the show or from ‘‘The View’’ creator Barbara Walters, my source said the news brought back ‘‘memories of Star’s divalike antics and the embarrassment over the wedding.’’

She was referring to Walters’ (and other co-hosts’) disdain for the way Jones ‘‘pimped out’’ her vows by promoting suppliers of goods and services for her lavish wedding on ‘‘The View” — things we later learned were given Jones for free.

In June 2006, Jones announced she was leaving ‘‘The View’’ after her contract was not renewed by ABC. Yet, she continued to make headlines thanks to her long delay in admitting she had undergone gastric bypass surgery, the launch of a (now canceled) cable show, and the publication of two books.

The couple, married at that ostentatious November 2004 Manhattan ceremony, had been plagued by rumors regarding Reynolds’ sexual inclinations that began shortly after the duo began dating. Among them: stories about Reynolds once sharing a weekend house at New York’s Fire Island, a well-known gay summer enclave. Jones was strident in claiming her husband was strictly heterosexual, and a close associate of Reynolds said Wednesday that those gay allegations were unfair, given ‘‘he hasn’t done anything to deserve those stories. It’s just being furthered by you people in the media. It would be one thing if he was seen going to gay bars, but that isn’t the case.’’

Reynolds spokesman Howard Bragman told this column Wednesday that Reynolds would ‘‘take the high road’’ and was hopeful the divorce would be settled quickly.

Bragman said Reynolds, once a Big Apple investment banker, now is a professor of social science and business at Florida Memorial University in Miami Gardens. Asked whether Reynolds considers Miami his home, Bragman said, ‘‘Al has homes in multiple locations.’’

Along with ex-Chicagoan Bragman, one of Hollywood’s top public relations experts, Reynolds also has hired top Manhattan divorce attorney Stanford Lotwin, who previously has represented such high-profile clients as Howard Stern, Donald Trump and Diana Ross.

In her statement, Jones admitted to previously making ‘‘an error in judgment by inviting the media into the most intimate area of my life. ... The dissolution of a marriage is a difficult time in anyone’s life that requires privacy with one’s thoughts.’’

Given today’s popular culture and Jones’ own past flaunting of her marriage — her wish to be left alone seems highly unlikely.

Source: Starstruck union ending :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Bill Zwecker

I hope if they did have sex that she made him wrap it up. These friggin' guys who want a "wife" and all and then go out and have unprotected sex with men are the lowest of the low and really piss me off. A good friend's sister died of aids back in the early 90's. She got it from him (husband); and the icing on the cake is that he is still alive, and probably still on the DL.

Anywho, no big surprise here.

OT - was the board down earlier? I called in sick today and was looking forward to hanging with ya'll (I love the board during the day) - can't get on it at work anymore - and I couldn't get in for a few hours. I was starting to worry that we got attacked!

Added:

YIKES! Look at the skin on her arms!!

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    Not surprised. Star better have a pre-nup cuz she'll be a broke beard.
    SO TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

That is all.
    Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Somewhere Terri McMillan is sitting there laughing her ass off saying.. I tried to tell that stupid bitch 'didn't she see me on Oprah!!

?
    SS, I was waiting for someone to bring up Terri M. in this thread. Can we say, repeat. I wonder if Star will do the Oprah appearance, too?

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I wonder if Star will do the Oprah appearance, too?
    Ha, we're talking about Star Jones here...of course she'll milk it for all it's worth when the time is right (like when she publishes her divorce book).

She's probably looking for sponsors as we speak...if she could get a free wedding, why shouldn't she get a free divorce?

LATEST: Per the Howard Stern Show is that Al, will be claiming 'abuse' in the marriage. Seriously. Not sure if it's physical or emotional. But this might be a way to get around the pre-nup.

And to dodge the gay shit.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    LATEST: Per the Howard Stern Show is that Al, will be claiming 'abuse' in the marriage. Seriously. Not sure if it's physical or emotional. But this might be a way to get around the pre-nup.

And to dodge the gay shit.
    Did they have a credible source for that?

Not that I'm doubting it. There has to be a reason he's retained such a high-priced attorney. Poor Star, she was only wishful thinking with that "uncontested" filing.

Al better be careful of what crap he tries to get around the pre-nup. I am sure she has more than enough evidence to get him on infidelity with other men. He signed an agreement, he agreed to be paid for a certain number of years, now he needs to man up and honor the deal. I hate people who sign pre-nups and then try to get out of them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information