Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Sorry Babe, You're a Feminist

Quote Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
    Women shouldn't be coerced to join political groups. If they do not wish to be associated with such things, then so be it. They don't deserve harassment and don't deserve to be looked down upon ....
    I absolutely and without apology look down on women that aren't feminists. I may make an exception for women raised in an oppressive culture where they aren't allowed to learn to read, but other than that I cannot understand how any woman isn't.

I also don't get the being forced to join political groups bit. I don't know anyone that has, and I know many feminists that don't belong to any groups. It's a way of thinking, of seeing, etc.

And you know you live in a patriarchal society when feminist is a 'controversial word'.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; March 28th, 2015 at 08:57 AM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Question: Can someone, whom I'll just call my grandma, be a feminist and still insist that some jobs like police, fire and rescue and military be for men only? I keep saying no, but she doesn't agree.

Great question dark. I had an argument over that exact issue with my uncle years ago. He kept saying that women were not physically strong enough. He finally caved when I said I agree with physical condition should be a requirement for these jobs, whether male or female, and pointed out that about 30-40% of the men currently in these positions are so overweight there is no way they could chase down a criminal. Yet they keep their jobs or get reassigned to desk duty. If a women can meet the demands of the job she should be given equal treatment and equal pay.

A friend owns a company with more than 1000 employees. He is also the father of 3 girls. He put a rule in place that all resumes must be submitted to HR, and HR then removes all gender reference. The resumes are then sent on to the hiring manager so they can review the education and experience of the applicant without any hidden gender bias. It has changed his company for the better.
    darksithbunny and Lalasnake like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Question: Can someone, whom I'll just call my grandma, be a feminist and still insist that some jobs like police, fire and rescue and military be for men only? I keep saying no, but she doesn't agree.
    Lmao.

If they're old enough and a good person in general, i give them a pass by means of the ancient person exception™ (which basically means I stop arguing with them )
    darksithbunny and Lalasnake like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    A friend owns a company with more than 1000 employees. He is also the father of 3 girls. He put a rule in place that all resumes must be submitted to HR, and HR then removes all gender reference. The resumes are then sent on to the hiring manager so they can review the education and experience of the applicant without any hidden gender bias. It has changed his company for the better.
    A recent study in Denmark showed that CEOs are more likely to give equal pay for equal work, when they have a daughter, especially if their first born is a girl. Interesting, I thought.
    sluce and Lalasnake like this.

this reminds me of people who think pro choice means pro abortion or the ever so sweet pro murder.

i can be a feminist and still have a couple of babies and be a stay at home mom. just like i can be pro choice and choose to give my baby up for adoption because i don't feel an abortion is for me.

people can be so black and white.

MontanaMama, thank you! That was all kinds of awesome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information