Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Sony Pictures Hacked Including Co-Chairman's Confidential Emails

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    and north korea wins...
    Yup.

By the way, I have seen comments from numerous security analysts, and what they are saying comes down to this:

1. Sony has something to hide. Some additional stuff has come out that would hurt them financially way more than what we've seen so far. That includes records and information from individuals and other companies who could turn around and sue Sony for not properly safeguarding it.

2. Sony, apparently, years ago thought preventive security measures were too expensive, and would have rather dealt with the cost of cleanup. Somebody this morning quoted a Sony exec saying this in 2007. If that is the case, that is an incredible screwup for a company that has so much of its worth tied up in intellectual property
    Kittylady and BuffyKatniss like this.

what's going to be funny is that even though Sony backed down and revealed itself to be a pussy - is when the shit is released anyway. I mean, come on. You've left yourself open to the playground bullies and now they are going to give you an atomic wedgie!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I'm fucking pissed. I want to see the movie and I can't believe they caved. I was totally going to see this on Christmas day. Hell I think it has been proven that there doesn't have to be a threat for you to be in danger in a movie theatre or a mall or damn anywhere these days. We just totally let those fuckers win and it is probably some kid in his mom's basement in the US that did the damn hack anyway.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

what's going to be funny is that even though Sony backed down and revealed itself to be a pussy - is when the shit is released anyway. I mean, come on. You've left yourself open to the playground bullies and now they are going to give you an atomic wedgie!
    Agreed. By the way, an analyst this morning said they had something like 1,800 full-time hackers. That's a lot of people with skills and time on their hands. So, let's all say nice things about North Korea. Lovely country! Totally digging the main man's winter coat, too!

We just totally let those fuckers win and it is probably some kid in his mom's basement in the US that did the damn hack anyway.
    The US confirmed this morning that this was another country. Specifically, who it was originally thought to be.

I bet the movie sucked, they were probably more than happy to pull it.
    BuffyKatniss and rollo like this.

I like their movies and I think a lot of other people do as well.

Thanks Mo. I hadn't seen that though if I had a tinfoil hat on I'd call bullshit.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I bet the movie sucked, they were probably more than happy to pull it.
    From what I'm reading, Sony (which is already having financial troubles) sunk at least $45 Million into the movie. They badly needed to release the movie to get their investment back. The movie might have been kind of a bomb, but even less successful movies can make back a lot of the costs through movie tickets, DVD sales, On-Demand sales, and worldwide distribution. They are very, very unhappy at eating $45 Million.

Sony stock soars after movie is shelved

Published 10:27 AM EST Dec 18, 2014

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) —Sony's stock is rebounding now that "The Interview" has been shelved.

The Sony mega-hack prompted executives to pull "The Interview" from theaters before it even screened. While fans and celebrities panned the Sony decision as an act of cowardice, investors rejoiced.

Sony shares jumped 4% in early U.S. trading. In Japan, the stock -- which is also traded on the Nikkei -- closed the day 5% higher. Late Wednesday, the stock had already gained 3.4% in Wall Street trading.
    Earlier this week, the stock wasn't looking so rosy. On Monday Sony fell 3%, after a 2% decline on Friday after the fallout from the hack loomed like a dark cloud over the company.

The U.S. government has blamed North Korea for the cyberattacks as an act of revenge because the movie depicts the assassination of its leader Kim Jong Un. But the North Korean government denies any role in the cyberattack.

The hacking has led to embarrassing revelations about Sony executives, disparaging comments about stars and also salaries of others.

Read more: Sony stock soars after movie is shelved | Money - WPTZ Home
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

"Yay, they stopped bleeding!"

czb

5% increase is called soaring? mmmmkay

There's a theater in Texas that's going to be showing Team America instead lol.
    "You're bweakin mah balls, Britz"
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    5% increase is called soaring? mmmmkay
    Yeah, after it fell 5% in the last week, so it's actually 0% right?
    czb likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

spin it, Sony - spin that shit!!! you had 5 movies get hacked and released and the ONE that didn't, YOU decide not to release. idiots.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

spin it, Sony - spin that shit!!! you had 5 movies get hacked and released and the ONE that didn't, YOU decide not to release. idiots.
    Gawker just came out with a story that a Steve Carrell movie (by New Regency) has been canned because it has something to do with North Korea.

I think it's all bullshit too. We are going to let other countries censor us because of a terrorist threat? What's next? Iran doesn't like a new story about them so they threaten to bomb all stations that run it? Fuck that. They've now opened the door to be never ending til someone takes a stand.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information