Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Sony Pictures Hacked Including Co-Chairman's Confidential Emails

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I took the request to mean the mother wanted to reshoot the last scene where her daughter loses, not replay the game. The daughter ran off set crying and mom wanted her to get a chance to not burst into turns and run off, but take her loss with dignity.

I couldn't care less if she was given a reshoot or not. But I love pretending Alex would actually say, "what is , fuck no?"
    Oh well, that's different. Nevermind. [/emily litella]

I read the "wanted her daughter to have a second chance" to mean more than that. But in any case I still say, she wasn't adequately prepared, and she was a sore loser and her parents shouldn't have put her out there if she couldn't take the pressure. I'm guessing they edited it out anyway. I don't think I've ever seen any crying or running off on Jeopardy. They probably just came back from commercial with the other two contestants at their podiums. That's how they always do it on Jeopardy, adult or kid version.

And yeah, I loved the "what is FUCK NO" too.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

This is inside gossip gold that we are rarely privvy to.
    I'm lovin it!
    AgentOrange likes this.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Most of it so far is sort of what we already thought about these people (Fassbender has a huge cock, Angie is an annoying bitch, Leo is difficult). I want something GOOD.
    firebrat1229 and Kittylady like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

We actually watched the episode in question. I didn't see her run off crying, but she definitely was not present at the end of the show. I think all the contestants stand on the stage after Final Jeopardy. The girl in question was losing from the get go.

Trixie likes this.

A*O

It just illustrates how desperately seriously these Hollywood types take themselves and their "craft". They are actors not gods.
    firebrat1229 and Kittylady like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I was on Jeopardy a few years ago. Alex is a smartass and I doubt he tones it down much for the kids. Kids week is boring as shit anyway so I am glad to hear he doesn't treat them like special snowflakes. Another article I read said the mom was mad that Alex didn't comfort the girl after the taping, which is nonsense because the only contact you have with him is during the actual taping. The adults don't even get to sit in the audience after your game is finished.

I'll take Whiney Bitches for 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Well, I can tell you I wouldn't go to a theater that's playing it, at least not for now. Why, so I can be brave and say I stood up to terrorists? Pffft. Even Rogen and Franco won't show their faces now.

It's probably stupid anyway, like that End of the World one they did. Release it to cable and be done with it.
    With the government saying it is in fact the N. Koreans behind this -- if that is to be believed and there isn't some kind of mindfuck going on -- what the hell can the Norks really do? They got people on the ground here? That can plant bombs in every theater that shows it? It's ludicrous. They are threatening a 911-style attack that we all know they have zero capability of doing, they couldn't even get to .911. And, so now anytime there's a threat, are we going to pull a movie's release? For example, all a Middle Eastern agitator needs to do is to make anonymous threats about that American Sniper movie, or any war movie for that matter, and everyone rolls over? It's a real-life scenario of "letting the terrorists win" when you're talking about the freedom of speech. Regardless of whether a lot of you may think it'll be a shitty movie.
    gas_chick and sputnik like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Possibilities here:
    1. This is all face value.
    2. Sony is a whiny bitch that is just trying to head off more leaks.
    3. This is all a big publicity stunt for the movie, which will be revealed in time
    4. The U.S. security complex is completely incompetent and the hackers are teenage basement dwellers laughing at having convinced us they are North Korean terrorists.
    5. The U.S. government is behind the hacking and is going to use it as a pretext to attack DKRP/overthrow the regime.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I was on Jeopardy a few years ago. Alex is a smartass and I doubt he tones it down much for the kids. Kids week is boring as shit anyway so I am glad to hear he doesn't treat them like special snowflakes. Another article I read said the mom was mad that Alex didn't comfort the girl after the taping, which is nonsense because the only contact you have with him is during the actual taping. The adults don't even get to sit in the audience after your game is finished.

That is so cool that you were on jeopardy. I'm sure I saw you.

Not all theaters are pulling the interview, and I bet the ones that don't will do well because people want to know what the hype is all about.
    stella blue likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    With the government saying it is in fact the N. Koreans behind this -- if that is to be believed and there isn't some kind of mindfuck going on -- what the hell can the Norks really do? They got people on the ground here? That can plant bombs in every theater that shows it? It's ludicrous. They are threatening a 911-style attack that we all know they have zero capability of doing, they couldn't even get to .911. And, so now anytime there's a threat, are we going to pull a movie's release? For example, all a Middle Eastern agitator needs to do is to make anonymous threats about that American Sniper movie, or any war movie for that matter, and everyone rolls over? It's a real-life scenario of "letting the terrorists win" when you're talking about the freedom of speech. Regardless of whether a lot of you may think it'll be a shitty movie.
    Of course it's ludicrous, but no more ludicrous than other crazy shit that's happened that no one thought would or could happen, and after all we are dealing with some pretty insane people here (N Korea) and no I really don't believe they will be blowing up all the theaters but I don't think the threats should be ignored in the name of freedom of speech and slippery slopes either. Not for a shitty movie or even a masterpiece movie. I don't think postponing it automatically means they're caving or letting the terrorists win. It means they're postponing it in order to investigate the threats. If they decide to pull the movie entirely I may change my opinion.

Now, on to more important things...

Yeah I read a few more articles now too, he didn't comfort her (is contestant counselor and kid wrangler also in his job description?) and she was only upset because she didn't get to finish the game (ummm did no one explain the rules?) I actually do feel sorry for the snowflake now, not because of her treatment on the show, but now, thanks to her totally crazy mother, her one small humiliation has gone viral for the world to see and comment on.
    Nevan and Kittylady like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Well, Sony pulled it. They said they will not release it in On demand format either.
    Official: North Korea behind Sony hack

Official: North Korea behind Sony hack

Kevin Johnson, Oren Dorell and Elizabeth Weise

Sony Pictures Entertainment
    The movie "The Interview" appears to be the motive for a massive hack attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment.
    WASHINGTON — Hours after an announcement that U.S. authorities determined North Korea was behind the recent cyber-attack on Sony Pictures, the entertainment company announced it was pulling the release of the film The Interview.

The comedy about journalists who score an interview with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un was scheduled for a Dec. 25 release.
    "Sony Pictures has no further release plans for the film," according to a statement from the company.
    Sony also removed any mention of the movie from its website by Wednesday afternoon.
    Earlier Wednesday, a federal law enforcement official offered the news about North Korea.
    The official, who is not authorized to comment publicly, said a formal announcement of attribution by the U.S. government could come as soon as Thursday.
    U.S. investigators believe the attacks originated outside North Korea, but they have determined that the actions were sanctioned by North Korean leaders, a second U.S. official said Wednesday.
    The U.S. government is not prepared to issue formal charges against North Korea or its leadership, but the official, who is not authorized to comment publicly, said a lesser statement of attribution is expected..
    U.S. investigators had moved quickly toward a determination in recent days, indicating this week that attribution was imminent.
    Addressing the matter last week, FBI Director James Comey said the attack was very "complicated'' and the government wanted to be sure "before we make an attribution that we have high confidence in it.''
    Sony was hit by hackers Nov. 24. A glowing red skeleton appeared on screens throughout the Culver City, Calif.-based Sony subsidiary.
    The hack apparently was in response to the planned release of The Interview, which featured James Franco and Seth Rogen as tabloid TV journalists. As they prepare to travel to the secretive North Korea, they're recruited by the CIA to assassinate Kim.
    Tuesday, the hackers, who call themselves the Guardians of Peace, posted a message threatening a 9/11 type attack on theaters that showed the movie.
    While making the film, Sony representatives met with Assistant Secretary Daniel Russell of the Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs and other State Department officials to discuss U.S. policy in Asia, State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said. She did not detail their conversations.
    Psaki would not confirm reports that Robert King, the U.S. special envoy for North Korean human rights, relayed messages to Sony about the movie. King "did not view the movie and did not have any contact directly with Sony," she said.
    Psaki said the department had no "credible information to support these threats" against theaters showing the film.
    The hacking has had other, massive repercussions for the media giant. Almost 38 million files were stolen and doled out on file-sharing websites.
    Files included the screening versions of five Sony films, the script to the most recent James Bond movie, embarrassing e-mails between studio executives, salary data and personal information about Sony staff.
    During the three weeks since the attack, an ongoing question has been "Why?"
    Historically, hackers have either stolen intellectual property as part of an industrial espionage campaign or grabbed personal data to sell.
    An attack that merely posted material, much of which could have been sold for large amounts of money on the black market, is unprecedented.
    After entering and copying much of the Sony network, the hackers released malicious software, or malware, that infected Sony's computers and was extremely destructive.
    "Its job was not just to erase files but to destroy them," said Tom Kellermann, a computer security expert with Trend Micro.
    This sort of behavior hadn't been seen much since the 1990s, when "script kiddies" copied computer programs they didn't actually understand and used them merely to wreak havoc.
    "Back then, we saw this a lot, people jumping in, messing up a network and jumping out, but there was no financial gain. It was just 'Ha ha, look what I did!' " Kellermann said.
    North Korea has been suspected of employing hacking attacks against groups it disagreed with, including South Korean media outlets and banks.

Hackers threaten to leak more Sony secrets | USA NOW

and north korea wins...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I really want to hear more of your Jeopardy story. It seems so easy, when I play along at home, that I get lulled into a false sense of "I'm full of useless knowledge, I bet I would kick ass on that show", but I bet it's entirely different, in real life.
    sprynkles likes this.

Where is Dennis Rodman when we need him?

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

4. The U.S. security complex is completely incompetent and the hackers are teenage basement dwellers laughing at having convinced us they are North Korean terrorists
    This gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I really want to hear more of your Jeopardy story. It seems so easy, when I play along at home, that I get lulled into a false sense of "I'm full of useless knowledge, I bet I would kick ass on that show", but I bet it's entirely different, in real life.
    The main difference is that you're there with other people who have the same amount of useless knowledge that you do trying to buzz in first. If you think you'd do well, I'd highly encourage trying out. The audition process is fun, you meet some smart people, and if you make it on the show, you'll definitely win some money. I came in second, so I got 2 grand, which is better than a poke in the eye. And Alex is hot.
    ManxMouse, czb and BuffyKatniss like this.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information