Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Sony Pictures Hacked Including Co-Chairman's Confidential Emails

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ Yeah it's all fun and games until someone makes terrorist threats.
    Check this out from USA Today. If it isn't North Korea doing this, then somebody REALLY messed up:

In terms of the response it's likely to elicit from law enforcement, the shift from simply posting stolen files to threatening potentially thousands of movie viewers, is "game changing," said Tom Kellerman, chief cybersecurity officer at Trend Micro, a computer security company.
    "It represents a clear and present danger to civilians and additional resources and capabilities can, and will, be brought to bear," because of it, he said.
    The language in the messages posted by the hackers in conjunction with their release of Sony data files began as taunting, but has increasingly veered into threats. Tuesday's post was an escalation, however, because it was the first that mentioned actual violence.
    With a physical threat made, "the gloves are off," said Philip Lieberman, a security expert with Lieberman Software.
    "This is a well-known bright line and I can't believe they crossed it," Lieberman said. He called it "a tactical mistake" on the part of the hackers.
    "Anyone who is familiar with the assets and capabilities of the United States would never do what they did," he said.

The addition of a "threat to life and limb" gives police and federal agents one additional tool in their efforts to track down those behind the attack, said Nate Cardozo, staff attorney for the Electronic Frontier Foundation, an Internet digital rights group based in San Francisco.
    Prior to a threat of violence, U.S. Internet service providers are not allowed to voluntarily turn over information about a poster without due process, Cardozo said.
    Now that the line has been crossed, "it would give the network providers leeway to cooperate with law enforcement even before there was a warrant," he said

lol, like they haven't been wiping their asses with warrants for fucking ages. due process? that's a fucking laugh.
    Kittylady, sprynkles and Flygirl like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

This page has a list of companies that require a warrant for information.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I didn't read every bit of it but, shit, aren't people allowed to have opinions that aren't politically correct? Why are these for public consumption?
    I'm fine with people expressing politically incorrect opinions, even when they may be construed as racist, on their own personal email accounts. If I found any of my employees did it on MY company email they would terminated immediately.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Alex Trebek Threatened To Quit After A Contestantís Mom Asked Him To Re-Do The Ending Of A Jeopardy! Kids Episode

Finally, the real juicy gossip from the Sony emails gets released! I was waiting for some tasty dirt on clean-cut game show types, like Ted Allen from Chopped or David Chilton from Dragonís Den, but a story about Alex Trebek being a difficult bitch? Christmas has come early for Allison.What do you think?

Radar says that one of the recent emails leaked by the Sony hackers (which Iím choosing to call Sackers) was a nasty one between Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek and some Sony executives. It all started during the taping of an episode of Jeopardy! Kids, aka the episodes that appeal to me the most because Iím able to answer at least 2/3 of the questions correctly. One of the contestants was still in the red by the time they reached Final Jeopardy, so she started crying and ran off stage. Thatís when the contestantís mother cornered a Jeopardy! producer and told them that her daughter isnít a sore loser and sheís super upset she canít finish the game and asked if theyíd re-shoot it so that her daughter could have a second chance. So the producers asked Alex, he said ďWhat is FUCK NOď, and went on to finish the episode without her.1reaction

As expected, that didnít satisfy the contestantís mother. She ended up writing an angry email to Jeopardy! producers, saying ďI donít think Iíll ever forgive him for thatď, prompting the producers to once again ask Alex if heís consider a re-shoot. Apparently the producers think Alex has a reputation for being insensitive and thought a re-shoot could help turn that around. The only problem is, Alex Trebek apparently doesnít give a shit what people think, and he responded by threatening to walk:What do you think?

ďIf you all think I should retape the opening, I will. But I want to say that for 30 years Iíve defended our show against attacks inside and out. But it doesnít seem to operate both ways. When Iím vilified, corporate (and certainly legal) always seems to say Ďdonít say anything and itíll blow over,í and Iím not feeling support from the producers, and that disappoints the shit out of me. If Iím making mistakes and saying things you donít like, maybe itís time for me to move on. Itís not a threat, but I want to let you know how Iím feeling.ĒWhat do you think?
    ďItís not a threat, except that itís totally a threat. Deal with it. Or, in the words of Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery: Suck it.ĒWhat do you think?

I know that itís never a good idea to choose sides when it comes to a fight between an adult and a child, but Iím with Alex Trebek on this one. If that kid wanted to make it to Final Jeopardy so badly, she should have hired Watson as a tutor. Plus, Alex Trebek is old as shit Ė he doesnít have time to go back and re-shoot episodes. No, literally Ė if they yelled ďcutĒ every time Alex Trebek was a dick to a contestant, weíd never get to the first Daily Double.
    Dlisted | Alex Trebek Threatened To Quit After A Contestant’s Mom Asked Him To Re-Do The Ending Of A Jeopardy! Kids Episode
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Okay, so the child lost. She was in the negatives. No final jeopardy for you. Those are the rules. Why should it change just because her feelings are hurt?

That is more of a poor reflection on the mother.

Awwww poor widdle special snowflake. Mean Alex.

Of course, what I really mean to say is tough shit and horrible parenting. If you don't think little Sally Snowflake can handle the pressure, then don't put her on national tv. She learned a couple valuable life lessons...sometimes you suck and there aren't any do-overs in life.

You're welcome.

eta: not to mention it would be totally unfair to the other contestants as it could have changed the outcome. What would they learn? That if you cry hard enough, you get your way?
    spiderpig, rollo, mostroop and 4 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I agree. Ugh, helicopter parents.

lol @ Trebekgate.

What's blowing my mind is that they apparently canceled the premiere of The Interview in Nyc, and lots of major theaters (AMC, Regal, etc.) are pulling out of showing it. What horseshit! Caving into these fuckers. And I want to see it!
    It's been suggested that Sony's increasing failure to support the movie isn't due to security issues but due to the fear of more leaks. Lame.
    gas_chick likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Well, I can tell you I wouldn't go to a theater that's playing it, at least not for now. Why, so I can be brave and say I stood up to terrorists? Pffft. Even Rogen and Franco won't show their faces now.

It's probably stupid anyway, like that End of the World one they did. Release it to cable and be done with it.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    lol @ Trebekgate.

What's blowing my mind is that they apparently canceled the premiere of The Interview in Nyc, and lots of major theaters (AMC, Regal, etc.) are pulling out of showing it. What horseshit! Caving into these fuckers. And I want to see it!
    It's been suggested that Sony's increasing failure to support the movie isn't due to security issues but due to the fear of more leaks. Lame.
    I'm not sure if I would call it horseshit though. There's crazy fuckers out there, and some of those crazy fuckers have made certain, specific threats. If Sony went ahead with it, and worst case scenario happened, they might as well shutter the doors to Sony's movie department. There'd be such enormous litigation involved. Yeah, maybe, there's a bit of CYA-ing going on so there's no more leaks, but IMO, I think they'd be stupid on all sorts of levels with going through with a movie (I mean, it's not like the movie is Oscar worthy or anything ... no, I don't like censorship, but I really don't think that's why they're pulling the movie) that has extremely violent and specific threats against it. I could possibly be swayed though because it does piss me off that we have to be afraid of ANYTHING, especially some dumb movie premiere.

The future is in cyber security.
    ana-mish-ana likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Awwww poor widdle special snowflake. Mean Alex.

Of course, what I really mean to say is tough shit and horrible parenting. If you don't think little Sally Snowflake can handle the pressure, then don't put her on national tv. She learned a couple valuable life lessons...sometimes you suck and there aren't any do-overs in life.

You're welcome.

eta: not to mention it would be totally unfair to the other contestants as it could have changed the outcome. What would they learn? That if you cry hard enough, you get your way?
    I took the request to mean the mother wanted to reshoot the last scene where her daughter loses, not replay the game. The daughter ran off set crying and mom wanted her to get a chance to not burst into turns and run off, but take her loss with dignity.

I couldn't care less if she was given a reshoot or not. But I love pretending Alex would actually say, "what is , fuck no?"
    greysfang likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    “If you all think I should retape the opening, I will. But I want to say that for 30 years I’ve defended our show against attacks inside and out. But it doesn’t seem to operate both ways. When I’m vilified, corporate (and certainly legal) always seems to say ‘don’t say anything and it’ll blow over,’ and I’m not feeling support from the producers, and that disappoints the shit out of me. If I’m making mistakes and saying things you don’t like, maybe it’s time for me to move on. It’s not a threat, but I want to let you know how I’m feeling.”What do you think?
    Trebek wrote that they wanted him to reshoot the opening of the show. That probably meant the opning of the next show, where he said, that the difference between child and adult contestants is, that children don't have much experience in losing - or something to that effect. I think it's a decent thing to say to explain why the losing kid wasn't present on stage during end credits, not to mention true, but whether it was what he said originally or the result of a reshoot, I don't know.

Also, my tin foil hat connections tell me, that the real reason 'The Interview' was cancelled isn't fear of terrorism, but fear of box office failure. Yep, the film is just that awful, and now they can quietly let it go straight to DVD.

A*O

Team North Korea!! Fuck yeah!!!

Kittylady likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information