Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Sony Pictures Hacked Including Co-Chairman's Confidential Emails

The biggest mystery is why we need two movies about Steve Jobs anyway.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Snarker View Post
    In general, I don't really see what's there to apologize for with regards to the content of these emails. So they don't like some of their "co-workers". Big deal! God knows I have a few co-workers that I like to vent about. Of course I'm more discrete and careful about who and how I vent to, but then again Hollywood is not your standard office so the sames rules probably doesn't apply.
    It depends. Rudin and Pascal made disparaging comments about actors more then coworkers (from what I've seen so far) Actors are notoriously thin skinned. I could see Sony not only losing Jolie on future projects, but also Pitt. The other problem is that this is just the tip of the iceberg. Who knows what else they've said that is going to put Sony in a bad light. I think it's also bad to be on the record of saying stuff like this when you have Japanese ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I agree. Larry Ellison would have been better -- WAY better. Would have combined a steamy soap opera with outdoor adventure. And no, I'm not kidding.
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; December 12th, 2014 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I know that twitchy can hardly wait for this new one to come out.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Interesting story on Sony and the Seth Rogen movie:

Kazuo Hirai, the Chief Executive of Sony, ordered a part of The Interview where Kim Jong Un’s head blows up to be toned down, even though he rarely if ever oversees the content of films. This came after the film was denounced by Un as ‘terrorism’, meaning Hirai just made America look like a pnsy bitch. Seth Rogen co-directed the film, and had to haggle particulars of what percentage of Un’s hair could be on fire and how many burn marks he could have on his face because that’s important. Finally Rogen took a stand after Sony kept butting in:
    “The head explosion can’t be more obscured than it is because we honestly feel that if it’s any more obscured, you won’t be able to tell it’s exploding and the joke won’t work.”

Oh man.... even though Pascal didn't make the comments about Angelina, it couldn't have been fun. LOL

Awkward! Angelina Jolie Runs Into Sony's Amy Pascal After Email Diss Leaks—and Their Faces Are Priceless! | E! Online
    News/

Awkward! Angelina Jolie Runs Into Sony's Amy Pascal After Email Diss Leaks—and Their Faces Are Priceless!

Oh, to be a fly in that room. Or that woman photobombing the picture. We'd be happy with either one.

Take a good look at this picture, folks, because this might be one of the most awkward run-ins in Hollywood history and it was caught on camera.

Angelina Jolie and Sony co-chairman Amy Pascal crossed paths while both at the The Hollywood Reporter Women in Entertainment Power 100 Breakfast on Wednesday, just two days after leaked Sony emails described the A-lister as a "minimally talented spoiled brat." Ouch!

Now, we clearly don't know what's being said in this exact moment, but the facial expressions given by Jolie and Pascal give us some hints.

Pascal obviously seems deeply apologetic, grabbing Angie by the shoulders and smacking her lips in a way that suggests she almost didn't even know what to say.

Jolie, on the other hand, seems to be listening intently to whatever Pascal has to say. Whether she's accepting whatever's being said or not, we don't know.

The Unbroken director was the spark of an explosive fight between Pascal and fellow exec Scott Rudin because she objected to friend and famed director, David Fincher, directing Jobs instead of her version of Cleopatra, which was written by screenwriter Eric Roth. However, according to the leaked emails, Rudin was dead set on having Fincher for the Apple biopic.

"YOU BETTER SHUT ANGIE DOWN BEFORE SHE MAKES IT VERY HARD FOR DAVID TO DO JOBS," Rudin wrote in an email in Feb. 2014. Pascal, apparently sensing a threat, didn't respond lightly, which caused the fight to completely explode.

"Do not f--king threaten me," she wrote. "I have been asking you to engage with me on this for weeks."

After that, Rudin loses it completely, attacking both Pascal and Jolie.

"What the hell are you talking about? Who's threatening you? Let me remind you I brought this material to you and I can off her from it in a phone call. Don't for one second even think about trying this s--t with me. There is no movie of Cleopatra to be made (and how that is a bad thing given the insanity and rampaging spoiled ego of this woman and the cost of the movie is beyond me) and if you won't tell her that you do not like the script—which, let me remind you, SHE DOESN'T EITHER—this will just spin even further out into Crazyland but let me tell you I have zero appetite for the indulgence of spoiled brats and I will tell her this myself if you don't."

Both Hollywood honchos have since issued public apologies for their "insensitive words."

Rudin released a statement to NBC: "Private emails between friends and colleagues written in haste and without much thought or sensitivity, even when the content of them is meant to be in jest, can result in offense where none was intended. I made a series of remarks that were meant only to be funny, but in the cold light of day, they are in fact thoughtless and insensitive—and not funny at all. To anybody I've offended, I'm profoundly and deeply sorry, and I regret and apologize for any injury they might have caused."

Meanwhile, Pascal, remorseful for her once private words, also apologized for her emails in a statement to NBC: "The content of my emails to Scott were insensitive and inappropriate but are not an accurate reflection of who I am. Although this was a private communication that was stolen, I accept full responsibility for what I wrote and apologize to everyone who was offended."
    Last edited by sluce; December 12th, 2014 at 02:55 PM.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

On the bright side, the re-make of Cleopatra is dead in the water.

Every cloud...
    sputnik likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Exec in racist slams on Obama calls Sharpton, Jackson to ‘heal’

Amy Pascal is in crisis mode following the leak of racially charged emails between herself and producer Scott Rudin in which they mocked President Obama.
    As a result, the Sony co-chairman has reached out to both Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to begin the “healing process.”
    “I’m being proactive,” Pascal told The Hollywood Reporter about her conversations with both leaders. “And I want to accept responsibility for these stupid, callous remarks.”
    Pascal and Rudin talked about what to ask Obama at a fundraising breakfast in the fall of 2013. The exchange suggested she bring up black-themed movies including “Django Unchained,” “12 Years a Slave” and “The Butler,” as well as comedian Kevin Hart.
    “It was a very preliminary conversation, and we just talked about getting together and hoping to discuss a healing process,” Pascal said of her conversation with Jackson.
    On being labeled a racist, she said, “I know it’s not true. And I know that doesn’t reflect who I am or what I feel or what I’ve done. That certainly doesn’t reflect this studio and what we’ve done here.”
    Pascal described Sharpton as “very warm” when asked how that conversation went. “I told him I’m coming to New York and will speak with him.”
    When quizzed on if she’s being asked to step down from her position at Sony Pictures, Pascal debunked rumors. “That’s completely untrue,” she explained. “I still have the full support of the company.”
    Both Pascal and Rudin issued public apologies for their behavior. She said the stolen communications were “insensitive and inappropriate but are not an accurate reflection of who I am.”

Exec in racist slams on Obama calls Sharpton, Jackson to ‘heal’ | Page Six
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I think a good punishment for Amy would be to wear one of Al's old, unwashed track suits for a week.
    mostroop likes this.

I don't get why she reached to out Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. What are they going to do? They can only speak for themselves and they only represent themselves. She should have owned up to what she said and called it a day. Yeah, I said what I said.

Kathie_Moffett and Lalasnake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think a good punishment for Amy would be to wear one of Al's old, unwashed track suits for a week.
    I didn't even read the article but when I read "Al's old, unwashed track suits", I knew it was Sharpton.

Love the pic. Looks like Amy's getting the death stare.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    I didn't even read the article but when I read "Al's old, unwashed track suits", I knew it was Sharpton.

Love the pic. Looks like Amy's getting the death stare.
    i thought that was angie's happy face.

I just noticed the lady in the background. HAHA

I'm sorry ... all I see as Jobs (whom I admire greatly) is Noah Wyle. I think he nailed Jobs in the Pirates of the Silicon Valley (I'm fairly sure Jobs felt the same after that little stint at the next MacWorld), but I realize he's probably not considered big screen material.

Beeyotch likes this.

Did Steve Jobs really dress like Han Solo when he was at home?

By the way, I especially liked Anthony Michael Hall's impression of a secret serial killer dressed as Bill Gates.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information