Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Sony Pictures Hacked Including Co-Chairman's Confidential Emails

Some of the people on the emails aren't Sony employees anyway, they're independent, so Sony's HR rules on what was/wasn't appropriate in email wouldn't apply to them.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    The 'jokes' about Obama shows what kind of mentality they have.
    I'm actually a little surprised there hasn't been more of an uproar over those remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It's not just for legal reasons, either. There is a lot of palace intrigue that goes on in corporations. People get BCC'd on other people's emails. People inadvertently reply to a whole group. Or forward to a whole group. A person who was your friend at one point, may be your enemy at another, and they could forward your email to someone else for their own purposes.
    Totally true. I get a lot of forwarded emails (town political drama and intrigue) and the people sending them have no idea I'm a recipient of their ignorance.
    Belt Up likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I don't think the North Koreans are involved with this hack which is huuuge. Also Sony's PlayStation network was hacked and again recently. But I bet the stupidity is not restricted to Sony execs and other studios are probably shoring up their security right now.
    BuffyKatniss likes this.

I can hear the furious deletion of emails from here.

Ah but they are never truly deleted.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

All I'm taking from this is that Aaron Sorkin must be insane. Who would choose Tommygirl over Fassbender for anything?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    All I'm taking from this is that Aaron Sorkin must be insane. Who would choose Tommygirl over Fassbender for anything?
    Exactly! Makes me doubt Sorkin's sanity. Or else he wants in Tommygirl's pants.

And I am thinking these emails are probably tame compared to others. I'm sure these people in the industry talk among themselves like this all the time and it's just part of the culture. It's Hollywood movie execs, not an accounting firm or government workers. Nobody's going to sue over being called out over being a spoiled brat or having a big penis.
    sputnik, Snarker and BuffyKatniss like this.

1) was sorkin going to put cruise on stilts because jobs was tall?

2) who's going to sue for the scandalous rumors they have a large penis? Any man I know would say, "why, thank you!"
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

The problem is that Fassbender doesn't look even remotely like Jobs. Cruise kind of does, even though he is too short. It sounds like Bale was the first choice and I think that would have been a very good one. His appearance is close enough, along with his height. Also, he totally has the surliness and explosive anger part down.

Cruise does not look remotely like Steve Jobs, whatchoo smoking? Maybe with a whole lot of prosthetics and makeup but then so would Fassbender. Go for the better actor, not the better likeness.
    faithanne, Laurent and greysfang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Cruise does not look remotely like Steve Jobs, whatchoo smoking? Maybe with a whole lot of prosthetics and makeup but then so would Fassbender. Go for the better actor, not the better likeness.
    Below left is a young Steve Jobs, alongside a shot of Tom Cruise:

gas_chick, SHELLEE and rollo like this.

Well, the funniest part is, they ended up with freakin' Ashton Kutcher!! A much finer thespian, for sure.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Sony Co-Chair Set To Be Fired

Top executives such as Howard Stringer have been meeting to decide the fate of Sony Pictures co-chair Amy Pascal after e-mails that were hacked showed her making racial comments about President Obama. Apparently one of the people that wants her out is the other co-chair who then presumably won’t have to share with Amy any longer. In the e-mails between Amy and producer Scott Rudin they went through a series of messages where they discussed which movies President Obama would like and they were all movies which starred African-Americans. They seemed pretty pleased with themselves about their comments and didn’t show any remorse writing them. The only time there was remorse was when the e-mails were released. Amy Pascal said in her apology that it did not represent who she is. I think it does. I don’t say those types of things in e-mails. I never had the urge or desire to say anything like it. I think if you are willing to put those thoughts down in writing that it is who you are. She was willing to make racial comments about someone and she needs to face the consequences. This is not any different than what Donald Sterling said or what other NBA team employees wrote in e-mails. There is no excuse. She should be fired.

Sony Co-Chair Set To Be Fired – CRAZY DAYS AND NIGHTS

Brookie likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I don’t say those types of things in e-mails. I never had the urge or desire to say anything like it. I think if you are willing to put those thoughts down in writing that it is who you are.
    Says the guy who anonymously assassinates people's characters for a living.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Well, the funniest part is, they ended up with freakin' Ashton Kutcher!! A much finer thespian, for sure.
    This is for a different Steve Jobs movie that is still in the work. Kutcher's version has already been released.

In general, I don't really see what's there to apologize for with regards to the content of these emails. So they don't like some of their "co-workers". Big deal! God knows I have a few co-workers that I like to vent about. Of course I'm more discrete and careful about who and how I vent to, but then again Hollywood is not your standard office so the sames rules probably doesn't apply.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information