Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Sony Pictures Hacked Including Co-Chairman's Confidential Emails

Ah, but that's the thing - it's not private, these are work emails! My ass would be SO fired IF I ever used the word "fuck" in any work related email. Everytime you sign in, you acknowledge "there is no expectation of privacy on company computers" - paraphrased, but that is the gist.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

as for the emails themselves, i think they're pretty funny and it's just people being honest about their work and the stuff they deal with. the only part that shocked me was that aaron sorkin wanted tommy girl to play steve jobs. seriously, dude? he's gotta be hitting the crack pipe again.
    Right? WTF Aaron.

I think it's pretty common for people who work together to vent and / or discuss other people, especially the office assholes. I have no issue with that or the opinions. Plus it's entertaining as hell.

Putting those opinions in writing on company software is pretty stupid. Even if you never get hacked, if the company is sued for any reason, your communications can be subpoena'd. It's just not smart because it is NOT PRIVATE. The company owns that email. I don't think any of this is a fire-able offense though. It's just people discussing / bitching about work.

Having said that, the hacking is ridiculous. Nothing is safe any more. Sad.
    gas_chick likes this.

czb

^^^ i also think that in some industries, the HR guidelines are pushed harder than in other industries.

i frequently get emails at 2am and not sure that anyone would say it shouldn't happen. it's expected, as is a reply.

but i agee about the faux apology.

Quote Originally Posted by BeantownBitch View Post
    That's where i'm at too. Why can't we just say what we want?? Whether we are kidding or not. The whole thing is lame.
    And i am goning to have to say...in that third pic, fassbender has something going on down there in then jeans. Looks fine to me. [regarding the small dick comments]
    i don't think they meant he had a small dick...

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    the emails were "written in haste and without much thought or sensitivity".
    "To anybody I've offended, I'm profoundly and deeply sorry, and I regret and apologise for any injury they might have caused,"

and so it begins... as we knew it would.
    And this is my issue. If you are gonna be balls out in your emails, texts, etc. be ready. Say what you mean and would stand behind. Keep the rest of the bullshit to yourself.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by BeantownBitch View Post
    That's where i'm at too. Why can't we just say what we want?? Whether we are kidding or not. The whole thing is lame.
    And i am goning to have to say...in that third pic, fassbender has something going on down there in then jeans. Looks fine to me. [regarding the small dick comments]
    They aren't small dick comments - Fassbender has a verified large and beautiful penis. Go watch Shame. The comment about "feeling bad about normal-sized genitalia" is because ol' Fassy has such a glorious member that he's making all other guys feel pathetic in the pants department.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

yeah, that's what lunch meetings are for. say the shit you wouldn't put in an email.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

I've labored over emails before I've sent them. Even typing them out with the TO line blank and deleting. You gotta be careful when it is in black and white. The tone can always be misread.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

me too. now, if i catch your ass in the elevator or the garage, I'm going to say what I need to say. Matter of fact IF I have something important to say and I'm not 100% trusting of the tone, I'll hunt your ass down and tell you what I need to say.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Oh yeah I'm a right bitch on the phone and in person. I'm not very popular in my corporate office.
    BeantownBitch likes this.

surprisingly, neither am i... it's rumored that I'm a real cunt.
    BeantownBitch and greysfang like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Putting those opinions in writing on company software is pretty stupid. Even if you never get hacked, if the company is sued for any reason, your communications can be subpoena'd. It's just not smart because it is NOT PRIVATE. The company owns that email. I don't think any of this is a fire-able offense though. It's just people discussing / bitching about work.

Having said that, the hacking is ridiculous. Nothing is safe any more. Sad.
    Yep, in my former job one of the first lessons taught was "never put anything in writing that you wouldn't want read in open court."
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yep, in my former job one of the first lessons taught was "never put anything in writing that you wouldn't want read in open court."
    It's not just for legal reasons, either. There is a lot of palace intrigue that goes on in corporations. People get BCC'd on other people's emails. People inadvertently reply to a whole group. Or forward to a whole group. A person who was your friend at one point, may be your enemy at another, and they could forward your email to someone else for their own purposes.
    BuffyKatniss likes this.

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    They aren't small dick comments - Fassbender has a verified large and beautiful penis. Go watch Shame. The comment about "feeling bad about normal-sized genitalia" is because ol' Fassy has such a glorious member that he's making all other guys feel pathetic in the pants department.

Ahhhh, gothcha now! Haha thank you. Is shame a movie? It shows his dick?
    Hmm, I just might have to check it out.
    I'll have to admit, i only recently became a fan of his.

The 'jokes' about Obama shows what kind of mentality they have.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information