Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Sofía Vergara: I Don't Understand Why Women Get Upset About Being Objectified

Elite Member

Well, I don't like her, therefore she's objectionable.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I have such irrational hate for this woman. I most likely won't agree with 90% of what she says.
    I feel the same way. As funny as Modern Family is, I will not watch it all because of her.
    Alysheba, ConstanceSpry and tulip like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I feel the same way. As funny as Modern Family is, I will not watch it all because of her.
    Aww I love her on Modern Family.
    panic and sprynkles like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I am something like 7-10 bra sizes larger than hers and have never had back pain. It's possible.

I am objectified all the time because of my breast size. I work in a professional environment and yet people feel the need to comment on the size of my breasts- to my face! I get that my breast size is unusual, but it's odd that people think it's appropriate to comment on it... all the time. It sucks and I feel that people take me less seriously because of it. I haven't gotten a reduction yet but I am seriously considering doing so. It just sucks to think that I have to resort to surgery to alter my natural body in order to be taken seriously in my profession- a profession that has nothing to do with physical appearance. In my situation, being objectified sucks.
    Fuck them. If you like your breasts, keep them. I can tell from your posts if people didn't take you seriously at first, they would soon enough or they might regret it

ETA: That's meant to compliment your intelligence, not call you a bitch by the way . Just thought I'd clarify

Here's the thing. Sometimes when celebs talk about certain issues, they sound ridiculous. Mostly, they are out of touch with what really happens in the world of regular, everyday people. When Sofia talks about issues like being objectified or when Gwyneth talks about how she has it harder than the average 9-5 mom, they are showing that they're out of touch with the real world. If Sofia worked in an office and was objectified by the people she worked with, I'm sure she would see the problem with it. She's sitting in a mansion on top of a pile of cash that she's made from allowing herself to be objectified. It's really quite different.
    czb, Trixie, darksithbunny and 5 others like this.

She actually paid money to get herself objectified. I'm guessing that voice was a real turn-off otherwise.
    Bluebonnet and arie_skop like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    She actually paid money to get herself objectified. I'm guessing that voice was a real turn-off otherwise.

I think that voice/accent is a put-on. I'm sure she has an accent, but I think she plays it up. And her voice graaaaates! So fucking LOUD!
    rollo and I'mNotBitter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Fuck them. If you like your breasts, keep them. I can tell from your posts if people didn't take you seriously at first, they would soon enough or they might regret it

ETA: That's meant to compliment your intelligence, not call you a bitch by the way . Just thought I'd clarify
    Thanks Flygirl, that was a really nice thing to say. I love coming here because I can rant and you guys are always so nice about it!!
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Well, her career is pretty much based upon being objectified. I wonder how she'll feel in 10 years, when she is no longer considered attractive enough to be objectified, and the roles run dry. She might even feel that women should be valued for more than their looks.
    Amen

Silver Member

She's okay. I think her tits are real because they sag and move like real tits. In that initial picture, she's just a teenager. Not everyone gets huge breasts at a young age. As for her aging, she looks really sexy at 40 and I think she will be a sexy 50 year old as well. She's one of the few actresses who doesn't look as if she's been overly worked on. As for her husband Joe, he's all about the beefcake.
    arie_skop likes this.

I went to school with her cosmetic dermatologist. She said Sophia spends @ 5k a month on skincare (lasers, peels, facials, etc...).
    soogar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I am something like 7-10 bra sizes larger than hers and have never had back pain. It's possible.

I am objectified all the time because of my breast size. I work in a professional environment and yet people feel the need to comment on the size of my breasts- to my face! I get that my breast size is unusual, but it's odd that people think it's appropriate to comment on it... all the time. It sucks and I feel that people take me less seriously because of it. I haven't gotten a reduction yet but I am seriously considering doing so. It just sucks to think that I have to resort to surgery to alter my natural body in order to be taken seriously in my profession- a profession that has nothing to do with physical appearance. In my situation, being objectified sucks.
    I'm in exactly the same position as you! I've also considered getting a reduction so people would stop commenting (or staring!) but my back doesn't hurt and I'm ok with the way I look so I can't justify getting surgery for other people.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by coolade View Post
    I went to school with her cosmetic dermatologist. She said Sophia spends @ 5k a month on skincare (lasers, peels, facials, etc...).
    That's really good work.

Looking good all the time is like having a second job. Doesn't look like she has good skin. I'm guessing they'll wait a few years and enjoy their time alone and then get a surrogate. This is all the time I have for this actress.

Quote Originally Posted by coolade View Post
    People spend a lot of money on skincare. My friends gets a facial once a week. I know she spends about $100 on that alone. Plus, she gets the occasional peel, laser treatment, injectable, etc. She has her skin care regimen scheduled out so that nothing overlaps or treatments don't interfere with one another. Her skin looks ok, not great. I always think it borders on looking like someone who was burned. She avoids the sun at all costs and when she's not wearing makeup, she has a very mottled/splotchy appearance. She doesn't have much in the way of wrinkles, though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information