Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 90

Thread: Snoop Dogg: Ugly women don't sell records

  1. #61
    Elite Member bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    ^No, Janet cannot sing.
    You take that back right now.

    [youtube]ZS8vuYZKDRY[/youtube]

    [youtube]voT1I_zjn-A[/youtube]

    Is Madonna really all that great of a singer, by the way? Because she is one of the best selling artists too. I forgot to add the likes of Cyndi Lauper, Aretha Franklin, Patti LaBelle [sic] weren't considered beautiful in their heyday right? (shrugs) And they are extremely well known and successful. Jennifer Hudson is somewhat heavy set, but I actually think shes very pretty in the face. Same with Kelly Price.

    Female rappers like Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, Missy Elliott have been successful careers, but at the same time, for a long time Missy couldn't/didn't appear in many tracks she was featured in because of her looks, and the infamous Music Factory had skinny models replace the original singer.

    Christina Aguilera IMO isn't good looking at all, but she is a good singer.

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Since when has Beyonce classified as beautiful?
    There was a poll in a forum where I can safely say the vast majority of them are white and asians, I go to on 'who is the most beautiful black woman?' and all of them were like 'Beyonce duh'.

    You know the only black women that exist are Beyonce and Halle Berry Shes pretty, but beautiful? Nah.

    Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    I believe Spike Lee made a movie about this a while ago. But it is true but sad that lighter skinned black women are much preferred in the entertainment business compared to 'darker' women. Take a look at all the "Black themed" men's magazines and all the cover models and models within the pages are very light skinned, some lighter than white people. And Beyonce and other lighter skinned ethnic women are the ones getting the movie roles and publicity.
    I disagree completely. Black men magazines like KING covers brown skinned women. I guess you can argue its not the same as 'dark skinned' but most of the models/singers/actresses who are on their magazines are brown skin, not high yellow.
    Last edited by bychance; March 19th, 2008 at 11:12 PM.

  2. #62
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    Is Madonna really all that great of a singer, by the way?
    Hell no. Not even Janet's as bad as she is.

  3. #63
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    What he meant was the general public, not he, considers dark skinned women as not attractive, and hes saying you're beautiful, don't listen to that line of thinking.



    'All you have to do is just SING!'

    - Eddie Murphy, Delirious





    Actually, I find Pink very sexy. The 'There You Go' video solidifies my point.



    Amy Winehouse with her beehive Elvira hair is kind of cute to me, if she had her figure back too.



    Remember when videos before that didn't have plots? They were either live concert footage or someone dancing behind some cheesy graphics green screen



    Oh come on, Beyonce can sing. Its not just looks. I don't see how 'same with Ne-yo' because Ne-yo hardly dances, he ain't good looking, but he can sing and is a great songwriter. Omarion can't sing for shit, and neither can Chris. And no, his dancing nor anyone else's comes close to Jackson as a performer. By saying that, you're putting them up with James Brown, Jackie Wilson, etc. And thats foolish.

    You ought to check some facts, because Ciara has not sold anywhere near 8 million. In the US, she sold thus far roughly 3.8 million, and worldwide, 5 or 6 million. Thats crap as far as I'm concerned.



    EXCUSE ME but Janet can sing, just because she doesn't shout or gasp for breath doesn't mean she cannot sing - theres more than one way to sing. Aaliyah was a great singer, absolutely beautiful and was an exceptional dancer.
    Now, I hate to speak ill of the deceased, and as much as I love her. Aaliyah wasn't a great by any stretch of the imagination!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  4. #64
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    ^^^Agreed! Aaliyah talked. She couldn't sing.

    Janet, Madonna, Beyonce, Britney, Hillary Duff, Hohan, etc are examples of some...unique at best voices which have made it in the music biz.



  5. #65
    Silver Member Heavenseventeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potato_chips View Post
    It seems that if you're a black woman, then being overweight is more acceptable, but if you're a white woman, don't expect a call back from the music industry. Having a mediocre voice, being dumb as rocks, short, tall, young, older, manly, muscular, weird looking, crazy, druggy seems okay, but for some reason, being white & fat is unacceptable. Anyone notice?
    I guess I agree and it's unfair to both the overweight black women and the overweight white women. The black women because the media wants to feed the stereotype that black women are all overweight (and some [ignorant] black men want to use this as one of the many reasons for not dating black women). The white women by not giving them a chance because of their dress size.
    I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and sky...

  6. #66
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default

    Women arguing that beauty should not be the standard on which they are judged.....just spend a moment perusing the beauty threads on this site and tell me how many men are there?......ya'll do this shit to yourselves.......

    Woman are such hypocrites..... You judge each other's appearance much more harshly than men ever do.....

  7. #67
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    ^ Hey daddycakes

  8. #68
    Elite Member Soth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Fuck this crap - when are rappers going to grow testicles and go to Australia.

    The only ones I know of wanted directions to back ally skank dancers, and cried into their caviar when they realized Crystal isnt worth 4 $ plonk here.

    Same bullshit... enterage gets rough.....the press turn their back..."star" leaves early citing creative issues. FFS.

    Dont get me wrong, I like divisive arguments, I just dont deal with tantrums from m, or f "artists"

  9. #69
    Elite Member Palermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    9,563

    Default

    I judge the way a person sings when all that background noise and thumping is removed. If you do that, no, Madonna, Britney, Janet cannot sing worth a damn. They are mostly whispering and all the commotion makes you think something is happening. Janet is mostly whispering words, not singing.

  10. #70
    Elite Member Soth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    The next person that sings accapella, with no vibrato, wins a fucking emmy.

    And has to watch Timbaland get shot



    (I am seriously grumpy about this issue that I couldnt give a flying about -time for bed. nite)

  11. #71
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ Hey daddycakes
    Hi Sweetie! I like your kitty.......it dances.....nifty.....

    the avatar...the avatar....I swear I mean the avatar.....

  12. #72
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    You silly man you.

  13. #73
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default

    All men are all silly.......from a woman's point of view.....ask Snoop's wife....THAT is one long-suffering woman.....

  14. #74
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    ^ She sure suffers trying to open her mouth; she act like it hurts.

    I don't find men to be silly most of the time; I love men. It's the women that I find to be the silly ones; jellous bitter fat asses.

  15. #75
    Elite Member bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    ^^^Agreed! Aaliyah talked. She couldn't sing.

    Janet, Madonna, Beyonce, Britney, Hillary Duff, Hohan, etc are examples of some...unique at best voices which have made it in the music biz.
    BULLSHIT.
    The One I Gave My Heart To
    At Your Best
    One In A Million
    Rock The Boat
    More Than A Woman
    Back and Forth
    Age ain't nothing but a number
    Its Whatever
    I Miss You
    Come on over
    Back At One Piece
    Are You That Somebody
    Try Again
    4 Page Letter
    If Your Girl Only Knew
    Choosy Lover

    Talking????? I think not my friend. I rather believe the rumor that Aaliyah had a blind eye which is why she always covered it with her hair than believe she cannot sing and she "talks". Leave that talking to Ciara.
    Last edited by bychance; March 27th, 2008 at 05:07 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Snoop Dogg hopes video will help lift UK ban
    By Honey in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 12th, 2008, 08:44 AM
  2. Amy Winehouse is too crazy for Snoop Dogg
    By greysfang in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: November 6th, 2007, 12:51 PM
  3. Snoop Dogg arrested on yet another continent
    By greysfang in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 12th, 2007, 07:17 PM
  4. Snoop Dogg released without charges
    By SVZ in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 28th, 2006, 07:10 AM
  5. Snoop Dogg begs Schwarzenegger for clemency
    By SVZ in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 21st, 2005, 12:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •