Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Smallville actor Allison Mack is ‘recruiting slaves for cult’

fgg

India Oxenberg says she was ‘systematically groomed’ by Nvixm sex cult

India Oxenberg says she was brainwashed for nearly five years when she joined the Nxivm sex cult as a teenager.

“I went into this when I was 19 years old, so very young, and what I didn’t realize is that I was being systematically groomed towards something that would happen later on. Almost five years later,” the 29-year-old told Dr. Ian Smith in a new, hour-long interview on “The Doctors,” set to air on Thursday.

“So when I first joined, I didn’t really see anything bad. I actually thought it was pretty fine. I had friends there, relationships, I was learning about myself,” she went on, adding that nothing about Nxivm struck her as potentially dangerous at the time.

“Sure, there were things I didn’t like, but it wasn’t until later that things got more aggressive within DOS, the secret sorority underneath Nxivm,” she said.

Her mother, “Dynasty” actress Catherine Oxenberg, descrbied Nxivm as manipulating people into thinking they’re special before tearing them down.

“The way these groups work is, in the beginning, they do something called ‘love-bombing.’ They’re like your instant best friend and they build you up,” Catherine told Smith. “They make you feel very special, they draw you in, they invite you to do all sorts of activities. It’s very seductive.

“It’s not until way down the line that they start then to criticize — to break you down. So the whole, it is a slow drip.”

DOS, which stands for Dominant Over Submissive, was a secret subset of the cult run by “Smallville” actress Allison Mack. The women in the group allegedly had to give incriminating information about themselves for “collateral” and were branded with founder Keith Raniere’s initials.

“It was a trap and a ploy for Keith to enslave women for his own sexual desires,” India said during an interview with “Good Morning America” on Tuesday.

She also described her sexual relationship with the Nxivm founder as “rape.”

In June 2019, Raniere was found guilty on all counts for running the upstate New York sex cult. He is currently awaiting sentencing.

Meanwhile, Seagram’s liquor heiress Clare Bronfman was sentenced to more than six years in prison last month for her role in the sex cult. Mack also pleaded guilty for her role int he group.

Page Six previously reported that India eventually left Nxivm because she fell in love.

https://pagesix.com/2020/10/14/india...xivm-sex-cult/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^^^ In one of the episodes of "The Vow" (and I've fallen behind) Catherine Oxenberg confesses to feeling a huge amount of guilt over her daughter's plight. Mainly because Oxenberg got her into it in the first place. She describes herself as a "seeker" and someone who has tried all kinds of different things to pursue enlightenment or something. I'm not sure I remember if Oxenberg herself explained how she didn't get caught up in the group, though. It's very interesting to see someone who I thought of as kind of an airhead back in the 80's, like Oxenberg, turn out to be actually a very circumspect, unpretentious and tenacious person.
    fgg and Lofty Bike like this.

^^^
    yeah i liked her a lot too. she's very charismatic. but she also has a bit of narcissist energy. you can see it in almost all the participants in the documentary, and in all the people who joined the cult. they're all a little extra. the seagram sisters were originally introduced to nxivm by their late father, a billionaire tycoon (another prime candidate for narcissistic tendencies, along with actors).
    narcissists are ideal candidates for cults. they're hungry for attention and validation, and power. and they don't have the same sense of boundaries that most people have.
    Last edited by sputnik; October 15th, 2020 at 05:12 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information