Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Sir Tom Jones is dating Priscilla Presley

^^^(and I thought I had a weird life)

Nobody better pick on my Tommy! He was my very first crush so you best leave him alone!!
    sprynkles and mopar like this.

The Scientologists will have a field day auditing Sir Tom!
    Wisher2, sprynkles and Lalasnake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    The Scientologists will have a field day auditing Sir Tom!
    Bite your tongue!!!!!
    Wisher2, Kittylady and Wilson like this.

Bronze Member

If not mistaken, I think she left the same time as her daughter.
    sparkles likes this.
    I'm Wisher, new & improved version.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Now the song "It's Not Unusual" is stuck in my head.
    I didn't. But now I do. Thanks!
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

I'm finding this very inspired. I'd pair him up with her or Raquel in hope's he's a gentleman. I'd like to think by age 70 they wouldn't date an asshole. I don't know much about either one of them but that's a testosterone sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    According to Mary Wilson, he had an anaconda in his pants too.
    That's the first thing I thought "you go girl"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisher2 View Post
    If not mistaken, I think she left the same time as her daughter.
    I thought the same.
    Wisher2 and BITTER like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    She went on Brit tv and said Elvis never saw her in her underwear, she slipped into bed fully dressed. No offense to Elvis lovers, but the man had major issues. I read somewhere he never slept with her again after she gave birth.
    Can I say from a fetish point view, Elvis would be classed as fond of infantile play, or infantilism or adult baby. Being talked to as a baby and treated as if he was just a year or so old. Notihng wrong with that. Your Fetish Is Not My Fetish but he DID strike me as a fetishist, Love him dearly though and his music is ever lasting....
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    Can I say from a fetish point view, Elvis would be classed as fond of infantile play, or infantilism or adult baby. Being talked to as a baby and treated as if he was just a year or so old. Notihng wrong with that. Your Fetish Is Not My Fetish but he DID strike me as a fetishist, Love him dearly though and his music is ever lasting....
    Did he have issues? Sure, like most people do. Was he a fetishist? I have no idea; all things published are hearsay stories of people who, rightfully or (mostly) not, claim to have had these experiences with him. But an experience between 2 people also has a perspective of 2 people. And 2 people usually have their own set of background baggage that will color their perspective and interpretation of stuff.
    It has been said in several books about Elvis that he had a sick relationship with his mother, that they slept in 1 bed together until he was in junior high. What is left out of that story in most books except for maybe 1 or 2, is the fact that the Presleys lived in a 1 room shack and only owned 1 bed. Vernon slept with Gladys and Elvis slept in a make-shift crib that was more like a crate as a baby. The one room was bedroom, kitchen and living area all in a few square feet. Tiny house before its time.
    When Vernon was arrested for fraud and had to do jailtime (he forged a cheque and put a 1 in front of a 6 or something so he spent about a year in jail for 10 dollars), Gladys and Elvis slept in the bed together and I guess that went on for some time after Vernon was released.
    Also: Elvis was one half of identical twins, of which the other one was stillborn. Gladys increasingly became a doting and protective mother after she had at least 2 miscarriages after that (that were documented in several books). I think that puts the whole "sick" relationship idea in a bit of a different light, or at least it should.
    Being an uneducated fieldworker or jack of all trades meant that Vernon was often away, trying to make a buck. When Elvis was bigger, Gladys had jobs, too, so it wasn't like she was perpetually sitting on Elvis as if he was an unhatched egg. I think they grew closer together during Vernon's jailtime or when he was away for work and also after it became clear she would not have more children.
    Now I'm a woman, but a single child of an older mother (and father) and frankly I do recognize a lot of the Elvis/Gladys relationship in the one I had with my mom. We, too, were dirt poor and my dad was away for work a lot, too. Staying home with the other parent just DOES make you get closer and build up routines and I, too, slept in 1 bed with my mom until I was about 6 or something (and we did have more than 1 bed), because I was afraid to sleep in my own room. Maybe everybody who was raised under different circumstances will think that is strange, but our relatives understood. My moms siblings, who all had more than 1 child, understood. But maybe in Elvis' case it is also interpreted as weird because he was a male child, if also an only child.
    The insinuations about the Elvis/Gladys relationship, however, are sometimes bordering evil. Yes, he was besotted with her and yes he did look for qualities (character) she had in girls he dated, but he was also annoyed when she'd have opinions about girls that clashed with his. It is also true that she, for lack of a better term, sabotaged some budding relationships he started with girls, because she didn't think they were right for him. On the other hand, the girl he dated before he was shipped off to Germany (and with whom he still had a long distance relationship until Morticia showed up), was one who had total approval of Gladys. That was Anita Wood, with whom Gladys already fantasized about her being married to Elvis and giving her grandchildren. She was the one Elvis wrote to, asking her to wait for him until he'd return from Germany so they could get married, even after he'd already met 14-year-old Morticia.
    It is absolutely true that Elvis was totally inconsolable, even hysterical, when his mom died at 46, shortly before he was shipped off to Germany. Was it over the top? Quite possibly, but I think mitigating circumstances were that he'd always had "survivors guilt" over being the twin that lived and that - as a child - he had promised both parents that he would make enough money one day so that they could live in a big house. My personal interpretation is that he was not just hysterical with grief because of the actual, physical, loss of his mom, but also because she'd only been able to enjoy the "better life" so briefly and would not be there for/with him as his success continued and one day he might marry his sweetheart and give her the grandchildren she looked forward to having.
    rollo and Lalasnake like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^ This is quite relatable and O/T sounds a bit like Kanye.
    Wisher2, Kittylady and Lalasnake like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Sorry but I couldn't look at her face. I'd be wondering what kind of motor oil she was going to fill it up with next.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information