Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Sir Cliff Richard Under Sex Offence Investigation

i will say though, the good thing that can come out of these cases is that they might prompt other victims to come forward. especially more recent victims where some kind of investigation would still be possible.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Being an abuse survivor, I think any and all accusations of abuse should be investigated, not matter how far back they go. What I do think is that the accused should be able to remain anonymous, the same as the accuser. If the investigation turns something up, and it ends up going to court, fair game, name and shame the bastard and string the fucker up. But if it is a false accusation, that shit will dog them for the rest of their life, there will always be someone point out the perv. Hopefully Cliff didn't do it, but if he did they should shove him in the same cell as old Rolf. I'm sure they would have lots to talk about.

It was only a matter of time before Saint Cliff's halo finally slipped, there's been rumours circulating for years.

There's going to be an awful lot of heartbroken septuagenarians out there, thank goodness they've still got Daniel O'Donnell...for now anyway.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

In my home state, if you're a child victim of sexual abuse you have until age 21 to report it to the authorities until the statute of limitations runs out, no matter what age you were when it happened. If you're an adult victim, you have ten years. I think that's fair. Does England not have a statute of limitations at all?
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    In my home state, if you're a child victim of sexual abuse you have until age 21 to report it to the authorities until the statute of limitations runs out, no matter what age you were when it happened. If you're an adult victim, you have ten years. I think that's fair. Does England not have a statute of limitations at all?
    Not with regards to sexual abuse.

I think though that if found guilty, the sentencing has to reflect the period that the offense was committed - we saw that with some of the recent high profile historic abuse trials, the judge was limited by the sentencing constraints of the time.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

A*O

It used to be that all suspects, not just sex abuse/assault cases, had the benefit of anonymity certainly until formally charged and sometimes until the case is resolved in court. In these days of instant social media and an insatiable press those rules have been forgotten and it's all name and shame, often on the flimsiest of evidence. God help you if you're famous and innocent because the mud will stick and your career could well be destroyed.
    nessysuperstar likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information