Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Singer Zendaya Calls Out Giuliana Rancic for Offensive Hair Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    Zendaya, or her PR people most likely, replied to the apology in an incredibly patronising, passive aggressive way.

This piece and her team are milking this for all it's worth and then some.
    I thought her reply was so obnoxious. Basically she said, "My first instinct was to make fun of your anorexic fugly ass, but I waited two hours, and thought I would just IMPLY that I wanted to make fun of your anorexic fugly ass. And since I'm just like MLK, I'm love and light and you're forgiven."

Glad she mentioned that she didn't resort to body shaming. So she did just that, body shamed Giuliana without coming out and saying it, we know what she was thinking, what a bitch.
    Godurugly, idunno and Belt Up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    The ladies of the View are discussing this now. Stacey London is a guest host and she agreed that Guiliana is not a comedienne so she can't get away with this, and then said of Guilianna that she wonders where the "fashion expertise" comes from too since that is not her background. LOL WTF! What fashion experience did Joan have? Or Kelly? Or Kathy?
    Her father was a master tailor and she does have a clothing line. I learned this watching HSN this morning.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Her father was a master tailor and she does have a clothing line. I learned this watching HSN this morning.
    I love tailoring! I take an occasional class on alterations. My son did a Colonial Tailor project. I secretly wished I could be an apprentice and learn from a master tailor, but then I'd get paid no money and be treated like a slave.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    She's actually a professional stylist. Worked at Vogue too, I believe.
    Well that explains her anorexia.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Well some people who wear their hair in dreadlocks do look like they probably would smell of patchouli and weed! White people.

That wouldn't have been my first thought looking at this girl, and stick insect was just trying to be funny and ended up looking stupid. Race had nothing to do with it. And she specifically referred to this girl's locs if I read right, not people in general.

If it was Lenny Kravitz her little anorexic heart would burst out of her ribcage.
    I agree, and I think this is actually what I find most offensive about what Giuliana said - just her apparent ignorance. I can't imagine looking at a black woman in dreads and a gown and immediately thinking of patchouli and weed; the comment itself and Guiliana's explanation almost made it sound like she thought dreads were invented by white boho chicks and those are the only associations she has with them. I don't think she meant to be racist at all, but she did come across as rather tonedeaf.
    ShimmeringGlow likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/fashion-po...165639292.html

'Fashion Police' Writer Responsible For Giuliana Rancic's Zendaya Joke

Giuliana Rancic's comments about Zendaya's dreadlocks might have seemed off the cuff, but Access Hollywood has learned otherwise.

When Giuliana said the 18-year-old's dreadlocks at the Oscars looked like they smelled like "patchouli" and "maybe weed," this was not something the "Fashion Police" host came up with on her own.

Access has learned that the comments, which have caused a wave of backlash, were penned by a "Fashion Police" show writer.

Additionally, Access' Billy Bush contacted Giuliana about the report that the segment was taped three times and she replied with "absolutely not," explaining that it was only filmed one time.

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com , Zendaya took to Instagram following Giuliana's comments

"There is a fine line between what is funny and disrespectful," Zendaya wrote in a photo of a long paragraph of text. "Someone said something about my hair at the Oscars that left me in awe. Not because I was relishing in rave outfit reviews, but because I was hit with ignorant slurs and pure disrespect.

"To say that an 18-year-old woman with locs must smell of patchouli oil or 'weed' is not only a large stereotype but outrageously offensive," she continued. "I don't usually feel the need to respond to negative things but certain remarks cannot go unchecked."

On Tuesday, Giuliana apologized for her comments.

"I just want everyone to know I didn't intend to hurt anybody, but I've learned it is not my intent that matters, it's the result and the result is that people are offended, including Zendaya. And that is not ok," she said on E! News. "Therefore, I want to say to Zendaya and anyone else out there that I have hurt, that I am so, so sincerely sorry. This really has been a learning experience for me. I've learned a lot today and this incident has taught me to be a lot more aware of cliches and stereotypes, how much damage they can do and that I am responsible, as well all are, to not perpetuate them further."

Zendaya accepted the apology, writing on social media, "Giuliana, I appreciate your apology and I’m glad it was a learning experience for you and for the network. I hope that others negatively affected by her words can also find it in their hearts to accept her apology as well."
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

FFS, I can't even believe this was a thing.

If Joan were alive, this would not have become a thing...Zendaya and Joan got along well when she was on the show. And part of me thinks Zendaya wouldn't have had the balls to say anything to Joan. Proof that without her around, FP no longer has clout.
    sluce, sprynkles, BoogsBun and 1 others like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    The ladies of the View are discussing this now. Stacey London is a guest host and she agreed that Guiliana is not a comedienne so she can't get away with this, and then said of Guilianna that she wonders where the "fashion expertise" comes from too since that is not her background. LOL WTF! What fashion experience did Joan have? Or Kelly? Or Kathy?
    Joan had/has an extremely successful line of clothing and accessories on QVC and it's been around for years, way before the Fashion Police. I know it's not Fashion Week in Paris kind of stuff or anything, but it makes many millions of dollars every year. I don't really know any one else on the panel, past or present, except Kelly and I agree with you there .... I don't think she has any experience in fashion. Purple hair is just a fashion statement, it's not as though she was even the first one that came out with that, and that seems to be all she's famous for, along with being the daughter of a famous rock person.

I think this whole thing is absurd. No fan of Rancic (hahaha, my spell check changed it to Rancid), but from an outsider looking in, it just seems like this singer glommed onto this and is taking the PR train as far as she can. It was a very stupid joke, but I don't think it was meant to be racist. Maybe a little elitist and "I'm too good for dreads" kind of mentality, but not racist. Just my opinion.
    Cinnamon*Girl, nana51 and kersalli like this.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/ozz...us-weekly.html
    Ozzy Osbourne Warns Billy Bush to 'Lay Off Kelly' Amidst 'Fashion Police' Controversy
    6 hours ago

Ozzy Osbourne Warns Billy Bush to "Lay Off Kelly" Amidst Fashion Police Controversy: "Stop …

Defending his daughter. Ozzy Osbourne advised Billy Bush to "lay off" his daughter Kelly Osbourne on Thursday, Feb. 26, after the Access Hollywood host defended his pal Giuliana Rancic on air.

"Stop acting like a b---h," the Osbourne family patriarch, 66, tweeted directly at Bush. "Act like a man. Lay off Kelly or we'll be going to hospital to get my foot out of your ass. God Bless."

Ozzy's comments were made after Bush defended his pal Rancic for how she handled the scandal over her Fashion Police remarks regarding Zendaya's Oscars hair.

During the five-minute segment, Bush attempted to debunk Us Weekly's report that the segment was taped multiple times, and also called out Kelly and an anonymous staff writer, while noting that Rancic was treated poorly.

Us exclusively revealed on Wednesday, Feb. 25, that Rancic could have avoided the entire Zendaya dreadlocks fiasco, had she listened to her co-host Kelly. A source from the set of Fashion Police told Us that the taping was redone multiple times due to the sensitive nature of Rancic's comments about Zendaya's hair.

"They did the Zendaya segment three times," the source told Us. "Three different takes. On the first two takes, Kelly said, 'Guys, we can’t say this. Zendaya is a friend of the show.'

Bush said he reached out directly to Rancic for more information, and that she denied the segment was taped multiple times. (An E! rep also denied.)"

The Access Hollywood host then slammed Osbourne. "And the Kelly Osbourne part... that never occurred," Bush claimed, adding that he "doubts" things were okay between Rancic and her co-host.

"How could it be good?" he questioned. "Kelly Osbourne threw her under the bus, in my opinion."

During the program, Bush also noted that a writer was supposedly involved, and while that person's identity remains unknown, he claimed: "Giuliana is taking the hit for this."

"That joke that Giuliana delivered, it was a written joke," Bush said. "But that joke was a written joke. Which means there were a lot of people involved -- and nobody saw racism."

Meanwhile, Rancic issued a public apology on E! News on Tuesday night, which Zendaya graciously accepted in an elaborate, eloquent Instagram post.

Kelly, for her part, applauded Rancic for owning up to her failure, and Zendaya for looking past the incident.

Kelly Osbourne ✔ @KellyOsbourne
    Follow
    It takes a strong women to apologize & makes a forgiving women even stronger! #ThisTooShallPass
    10:15 PM - 25 Feb 2015
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Of course, to play devil's advocate, they could be doing all of this to draw attention to Fashion Police.
    czb, sluce and witchcurlgirl like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Oh, Ozzy, please ... what are you going to do to him? You were barely able to remain upright the last time I saw you. I don't watch E! at all, but just .... please. And really, isn't Kelly old enough to fight her own battles? This is just so stupid.
    BITTER, idunno and holly like this.

I have seen the show. I have only seen clips on other shows.

Zendaya Coleman is locks free, but not 'cause she felt bullied by Giuliana Rancic ... it's because they're too damn tight.

The Disney star was in Hollywood Thursday night, walking arm in arm with her dad (who has locks), when a photog asked if she's still pissed at Giuliana for jumping to conclusions about her follicle choices on the Oscars red carpet.
    It's clear Zendaya has buried the hatchet and she're ready to move on -- but also ... pretty interesting to see she's already ditched the very hairstyle that created all the fuss.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Hit By Ban Bus!

Guilana looks like an anorexia bug

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information