Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

Thread: Simon Le Bon's lyrics blunder disappoints Duran Duran fans

  1. #31
    Hit By Ban Bus! Morticia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Oh Simon, how could you have cheated on me with all these GR women

    Those were the days when men could wear lippy and not get beaten up. I still pay my brother out about wearing lipstick back in the day. But he insisted the girls loved it. Not so much these days I imagine

  2. #32
    Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    I'm seeing them in May. I read they don't play many old songs
    When I saw them in 2005, they did stuff from their new album but at least half of the show was older stuff. They did all of the ones I would want to hear, if I recall.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

  3. #33
    Bronze Member moocher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    Bumping this thread...just cuz I found out today that they're performing here on April 27. I don't think it's sold out yet and I'm wondering if I should go. I only know like 3 songs of theirs though!(I was too little in the 80's) But Hungry Like The Wolf is my fave so he better not mess it up again.

    Go - the band put on a great show and the article that this thread is based on was sensationalist "journalism" at it's worst.


    First night performances are often hit with technical errors and that is what happened at this Duran show.


    Quoting a friend who was there:

    John didn't storm off the stage. He walked over to the synth techs at the side of the stage to try and sort out a problem. There was no shouting, and no argueing, just some shaking of heads, because you never want this kind of problem to happen during one of your shows. The band kept their humour at all times and were joking around with each other and the audience.
    Secondly, Simon didn't actually forget the words. He missed his cue because he was talking to his sound guy about a problem he was having with his in ear monitors. Other than that, the show rocked.

    And for those interested, they always play a mix of old and new songs, usually 5 or 6 from the newest album, and a good amount of their biggest hits.
    So, go see the band, and ignore this article.


  4. #34
    Hit By Ban Bus! Morticia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    I've never listened to their newer stuff, I've always heard negative reviews. Anyone heard it and liked? I guess I'm just stuck in a timewarp and just want to hear the old stuff.

  5. #35
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,546

    Default

    I thought I was alone...with my Duran Duran love.

    WAY OT BUT, when I was in 2nd grade, and my mom got one of those "new fangled" inventions called a VCR, she rented me the Duran Duran video. Little did she know, that her precious 7yo daughter, was watching "Girls on Film", unedited, that I started lusting...after boobs and John Taylor.

  6. #36
    Elite Member moomies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough
    Posts
    15,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moocher View Post
    Go - the band put on a great show and the article that this thread is based on was sensationalist "journalism" at it's worst. First night performances are often hit with technical errors and that is what happened at this Duran show.


    Quoting a friend who was there:


    Quote:
    John didn't storm off the stage. He walked over to the synth techs at the side of the stage to try and sort out a problem. There was no shouting, and no argueing, just some shaking of heads, because you never want this kind of problem to happen during one of your shows. The band kept their humour at all times and were joking around with each other and the audience.
    Secondly, Simon didn't actually forget the words. He missed his cue because he was talking to his sound guy about a problem he was having with his in ear monitors. Other than that, the show rocked.

    And for those interested, they always play a mix of old and new songs, usually 5 or 6 from the newest album, and a good amount of their biggest hits.
    So, go see the band, and ignore this article.


    Thanks for the info. I just checked ticketmaster and the show isn't sold out yet. I'm going to ask my girlfriends if they want to go with me.

    *correction, they'll be here on 29th, not 28th*

    If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

  7. #37
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    42,349

    Default

    I'll come with Mooms! I've seen tham loads of time & they used to be hot live!!! I quite like their new stuff too, maybe more than the old (because I've not hear it to death...)
    Free Charmed.

  8. #38
    Elite Member KristiB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,852

  9. #39
    Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    I've never listened to their newer stuff, I've always heard negative reviews. Anyone heard it and liked? I guess I'm just stuck in a timewarp and just want to hear the old stuff.
    Go to Amazon and listen or try their myspace. I actually liked a few things off Astronaut and really like Red Carpet Massacre.


    MySpace.com - DURAN DURAN - Birmingham - Pop / Rock / Electro - www.myspace.com/duranduran

    Amazon.com: duran duran: MP3 Downloads
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

  10. #40
    Silver Member eobane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    DownUnder
    Posts
    297

    Default

    i'm still not sure about RCM. It sounds too much timberlake / timberland. but some of the songs still are DD-style. love, love, love "zooming in".

    it's a shame, that it's another album that bombed. i hope this doesn't mean the "end" of Duran² (again).

    oh, and though i adore John - he hasn't aged well. the drugs are taking the toll - he looks like Steve Tyler.

  11. #41
    Gold Member birdmadgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    I've never listened to their newer stuff, I've always heard negative reviews. Anyone heard it and liked? I guess I'm just stuck in a timewarp and just want to hear the old stuff.
    "RCM" and "Astronaut" (2004) are both pretty good albums. Go to iTunes (or Amazon) and sample the songs.

    Dakodas mentioned above how Nick looked during the making of the one and only Arcadia (Nick, Simon and Roger) album called "So Red The Rose." That's an album worth tracking down. Very nice.

  12. #42
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,546

    Default

    If you MUST know. My hubby (YAY hubby), has all their shit on viny. The last "new" song I heard was Electric Barbarella.

  13. #43
    Silver Member eobane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    DownUnder
    Posts
    297

    Default

    @BoogsBun: 2 more (studio)albums to listen to!!! Check them out - nothing to compare with "Pop Trash"

  14. #44
    Hit By Ban Bus! Morticia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    Wow, probably the most interesting pic of him ever! Poor guy, he was rather bland in comparison. I remember seeing pics of them in a music magazine. It had a section for each member ( no pun intended) and how their hairstyles had changed during certain periods. And there's poor Roger looking pretty much the same in each.

    Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    Go to Amazon and listen or try their myspace. I actually liked a few things off Astronaut and really like Red Carpet Massacre.


    MySpace.com - DURAN DURAN - Birmingham - Pop / Rock / Electro - www.myspace.com/duranduran

    Amazon.com: duran duran: MP3 Downloads
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmadgirl View Post
    "RCM" and "Astronaut" (2004) are both pretty good albums. Go to iTunes (or Amazon) and sample the songs.

    Dakodas mentioned above how Nick looked during the making of the one and only Arcadia (Nick, Simon and Roger) album called "So Red The Rose." That's an album worth tracking down. Very nice.

    Thanks guys, I'll have to have a listen. I think I've still got the 'So Red The Rose' vinyl somewhere. Being a mad Duranie (haha as we were called) I had all the albums from their side projects like Arcadia and Power Station.

  15. #45
    Elite Member TonjaLasagna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    can't believe Nick, who married Julianne Friedman in matching light pink wedding outfits, procreated to have a daughter. WOW!
    I remember being shocked at the matching pink outfits he and Julianne wore for their wedding. But Nick had a daughter?...WTF? I've never heard her mentioned? I know he's divorced.

    Sorry, but I disagree with you on who looks the best. Roger looks great, so does John. Andy never looked good, but Simon looks very bloated (too much booze) and Nick looks god awful (wrong plastic surgeon).
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Duran Duran to hook up with Justin Timberlake
    By Blackberry in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: November 9th, 2007, 09:26 PM
  2. Beyonce Knowles - Tony Duran Photoshoot
    By AuGusT in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 31st, 2007, 02:51 PM
  3. Jason Behr-Tony Duran Photoshoot
    By cjl_04 in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 6th, 2007, 08:09 AM
  4. John Taylor's (of Duran Duran) house broken into
    By Novice in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: April 5th, 2007, 12:04 PM
  5. Justin Timberlake works on Duran Duran album
    By mtlebay in forum Music and Music Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 13th, 2006, 02:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •