Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simon Le Bon's lyrics blunder disappoints Duran Duran fans

Oh Simon, how could you have cheated on me with all these GR women

Those were the days when men could wear lippy and not get beaten up. I still pay my brother out about wearing lipstick back in the day. But he insisted the girls loved it. Not so much these days I imagine

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    I'm seeing them in May. I read they don't play many old songs
    When I saw them in 2005, they did stuff from their new album but at least half of the show was older stuff. They did all of the ones I would want to hear, if I recall.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    Bumping this thread...just cuz I found out today that they're performing here on April 27. I don't think it's sold out yet and I'm wondering if I should go. I only know like 3 songs of theirs though!(I was too little in the 80's) But Hungry Like The Wolf is my fave so he better not mess it up again.

Go - the band put on a great show and the article that this thread is based on was sensationalist "journalism" at it's worst.

First night performances are often hit with technical errors and that is what happened at this Duran show.

Quoting a friend who was there:

John didn't storm off the stage. He walked over to the synth techs at the side of the stage to try and sort out a problem. There was no shouting, and no argueing, just some shaking of heads, because you never want this kind of problem to happen during one of your shows. The band kept their humour at all times and were joking around with each other and the audience.
    Secondly, Simon didn't actually forget the words. He missed his cue because he was talking to his sound guy about a problem he was having with his in ear monitors. Other than that, the show rocked.

And for those interested, they always play a mix of old and new songs, usually 5 or 6 from the newest album, and a good amount of their biggest hits.
    So, go see the band, and ignore this article.

I've never listened to their newer stuff, I've always heard negative reviews. Anyone heard it and liked? I guess I'm just stuck in a timewarp and just want to hear the old stuff.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I thought I was alone...with my Duran Duran love.

WAY OT BUT, when I was in 2nd grade, and my mom got one of those "new fangled" inventions called a VCR, she rented me the Duran Duran video. Little did she know, that her precious 7yo daughter, was watching "Girls on Film", unedited, that I started lusting...after boobs and John Taylor.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by moocher View Post
    Go - the band put on a great show and the article that this thread is based on was sensationalist "journalism" at it's worst. First night performances are often hit with technical errors and that is what happened at this Duran show.

Quoting a friend who was there:

Quote:
    John didn't storm off the stage. He walked over to the synth techs at the side of the stage to try and sort out a problem. There was no shouting, and no argueing, just some shaking of heads, because you never want this kind of problem to happen during one of your shows. The band kept their humour at all times and were joking around with each other and the audience.
    Secondly, Simon didn't actually forget the words. He missed his cue because he was talking to his sound guy about a problem he was having with his in ear monitors. Other than that, the show rocked.

And for those interested, they always play a mix of old and new songs, usually 5 or 6 from the newest album, and a good amount of their biggest hits.
    So, go see the band, and ignore this article.

Thanks for the info. I just checked ticketmaster and the show isn't sold out yet. I'm going to ask my girlfriends if they want to go with me.

*correction, they'll be here on 29th, not 28th*

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I'll come with Mooms! I've seen tham loads of time & they used to be hot live!!! I quite like their new stuff too, maybe more than the old (because I've not hear it to death...)
    Free Charmed.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    I've never listened to their newer stuff, I've always heard negative reviews. Anyone heard it and liked? I guess I'm just stuck in a timewarp and just want to hear the old stuff.
    Go to Amazon and listen or try their myspace. I actually liked a few things off Astronaut and really like Red Carpet Massacre.

MySpace.com - DURAN DURAN - Birmingham - Pop / Rock / Electro - www.myspace.com/duranduran

Amazon.com: duran duran: MP3 Downloads
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

i'm still not sure about RCM. It sounds too much timberlake / timberland. but some of the songs still are DD-style. love, love, love "zooming in".

it's a shame, that it's another album that bombed. i hope this doesn't mean the "end" of Duran² (again).

oh, and though i adore John - he hasn't aged well. the drugs are taking the toll - he looks like Steve Tyler.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    "RCM" and "Astronaut" (2004) are both pretty good albums. Go to iTunes (or Amazon) and sample the songs.

Dakodas mentioned above how Nick looked during the making of the one and only Arcadia (Nick, Simon and Roger) album called "So Red The Rose." That's an album worth tracking down. Very nice.

Hit By Ban Bus!

If you MUST know. My hubby (YAY hubby), has all their shit on viny. The last "new" song I heard was Electric Barbarella.

@BoogsBun: 2 more (studio)albums to listen to!!! Check them out - nothing to compare with "Pop Trash"

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    Wow, probably the most interesting pic of him ever! Poor guy, he was rather bland in comparison. I remember seeing pics of them in a music magazine. It had a section for each member ( no pun intended) and how their hairstyles had changed during certain periods. And there's poor Roger looking pretty much the same in each.

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    Go to Amazon and listen or try their myspace. I actually liked a few things off Astronaut and really like Red Carpet Massacre.

MySpace.com - DURAN DURAN - Birmingham - Pop / Rock / Electro - www.myspace.com/duranduran

Amazon.com: duran duran: MP3 Downloads
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmadgirl View Post
    "RCM" and "Astronaut" (2004) are both pretty good albums. Go to iTunes (or Amazon) and sample the songs.

Dakodas mentioned above how Nick looked during the making of the one and only Arcadia (Nick, Simon and Roger) album called "So Red The Rose." That's an album worth tracking down. Very nice.

Thanks guys, I'll have to have a listen. I think I've still got the 'So Red The Rose' vinyl somewhere. Being a mad Duranie (haha as we were called) I had all the albums from their side projects like Arcadia and Power Station.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    can't believe Nick, who married Julianne Friedman in matching light pink wedding outfits, procreated to have a daughter. WOW!
    I remember being shocked at the matching pink outfits he and Julianne wore for their wedding. But Nick had a daughter?...WTF? I've never heard her mentioned? I know he's divorced.

Sorry, but I disagree with you on who looks the best. Roger looks great, so does John. Andy never looked good, but Simon looks very bloated (too much booze) and Nick looks god awful (wrong plastic surgeon).
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information