Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Sienna Miller gives away her Newfie for getting too big

Elite Member

Newfies are HUGE, but so sweet. She should have thought this through better. One of my friends growing up had one and he was the best dog, but damn, if he wanted to sit on the couch, you better move or you'd be crushed. They are not for families with small children. All dogs are so cute as puppies, but you have to consider their long-term care. Glad the dog has a good home.
    Witchywoman likes this.

What a beautiful dog, I hope she will be happy and settle quickly at her new home

I have to say that you're probably an idiot if you get a dog that is a giant breed and are then surprised that the dog is a giant. And strong. I'm sad for the dog but happy that it went to a family member.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    Oh what's all the fuss......" the dog has been adopted by Sienna’s stepmother Kelly Hoppen, who owns a sprawling estate in the Cotswolds." It sounds like the dog's better off to me. I think she realized it was just too much dog for her all around. it's a win win.
    I agree.

But if anyone needs cheering up, they can always picture Sienna being pulled by the dog and landing face first into the mud. I'm hoping it happened multiple times.
    funky_chicken and MsDark like this.

Never liked this talentless dingdong. Dogs are family - not accessories. Idiot.
    Bluebonnet and holly like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    Ugh - I spend about 1/2 my free time working as a volunteer with a local animal rescue. It is heartbreaking some of the stuff we see. I never liked her, so of course I'll find fault with her. Just glad she gave the dog to a family member instead of dumping it at a shelter or a stranger.
    Sending you a hug and smooch Dksnj .. Thank You for your volunteer work with the animals.

Yes, i agree with so much that has been said in the thread.

Sienna SHOULD have researched Newfies and how BIG n beautiful they get .. And also i hope Nana's Breeder wasn't star struck ("ZOMG IT'S THAT ACTRESS CHICK!") and just hand Nana over without asking a lot of questions as to where Nana will be living, does the buyer truly understand how big the breed get.. etc.

i really hope that this is a wake-up call to people who breed animals.. please don't get starstruck.. just because a rich and famous/infamous person wants to buy one of your animals, doesn't automatically mean that they will be suitable to give that animal a great loving home.. Paris Bloody Hilton is a great example of this!

Also the inner city life isn't the best for a big dog.. and even the smallest piece of Nana's poo would be the size of a double-decker bus! ..

The country life with big open areas and a nice warm home will be so much better for her.

i wish you a very happy and loving future Nana

And Sienna, please don't get anymore animals!
    dksnj likes this.

I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time. A lot of Sienna's impulses turn out like that, it seems.
    Beeyotch likes this.

I'm glad the doggie went to a good home on a sprawling estate, but damn. It's not hard to Google how big a dog is going to get. While the dog is probably better off, it has to be confused as to why it is somewhere else. My dogs go batshit if I'm away from the house for a few hours, and attack me like a long lost loved one when I return.

My cat? She couldn't give a rat.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

No one gave away Sienna Miller for being stupid, but the dog has to go because she's big? Not fair at all.
    greysfang likes this.

I saw an article from a year ago that she was moving to the Cotswolds. Did she ever do that?

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    No one gave away Sienna Miller for being stupid, but the dog has to go because she's big? Not fair at all.
    Didn't Jude Law do that, or something?
    Ravenna and BrickHouse like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Didn't Jude Law do that, or something?
    I'm not sure whether Jude did, but now that you mention it I would be willing to bet somebody at some point has given Sienna away for being too stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information