Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sienna Miller: ‘The English have raped and pillaged the Welsh’

LOvely pictures ,Dove,can we see some more,please?
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by karistiona View Post
    She's quite right actually, the English government tend to do that sort of thing to Wales and Scotland. Thankfully with the Welsh Assembly and the Scottish Government it's not happening quite as much these days but rich English people are still moving to the Welsh and Scottish countryside and lording it over the locals.

This is about the only time I've ever agreed with something Sienna has said!
    Now if we can just get the votes issue sorted & devolve the finances, it'll all be gravy!

And she's got it wrong again - its the rich English that have done this (thanks Karistiona ^), and by buying a holiday cottage near Ruthin she's perpetuating this.

But equally I think that the British under their previous guise of "empire" have done this all over the world, its nothing new that "might is right"; things have no changed so that the power is elsewhere... Maybe she's benefit from learning more & speaking less?
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Now if we can just get the votes issue sorted & devolve the finances, it'll all be gravy!

And she's got it wrong again - its the rich English that have done this (thanks Karistiona ^), and by buying a holiday cottage near Ruthin she's perpetuating this.

But equally I think that the British under their previous guise of "empire" have done this all over the world, its nothing new that "might is right"; things have no changed so that the power is elsewhere... Maybe she's benefit from learning more & speaking less?
    Novice I totally agree with you. Shut up and read a book Sienna!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Thumbs up to both Novice and Karistiona!
    ..Got 25 channels of white noise evil buzzing in my head..

Wales 1, Pittsburgh 0? So now she's the "American born actress" - she must've pissed off the Brit's with her latest blurt. Soon they'll want a prisoner exchange with "British born actress" Mischa Barton. Not that either one of them are any great prize, but I'd as soon keep Mischa. She manages to keep her trap shut most of the time.

As to anyone using the word pillage nowadays - not outside a Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Oh yes please! Esp with Mischa Barton about to sink into obscurity!
    Free Charmed.

The English have raped & pillaged almost every country in the world. There's no suprize there.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

^^ I think that you'll find it was "the British" not the English alone....
    Free Charmed.

^^I think your right^^I assumed she meant British...lol

LOL! She jumping on a Welsh Nationalist bandwagon, but then doing exactly what she is lambasting others for. One of my set of Grandparents is mainly Welsh and even tho they lived there we were looked upon strangely by the locals when we visited. Obviously the people that knew her/us were ok, but strangers were very hostile. This was in the same area, and as a young teen, it was a bit scary tbh. We used to get glared at a lot.... (and I've just realised that this was nearly 30 years ago... I feel old now .. and I miss my Gran She was crazy! {and welsh} )
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    Lol, but imo, the accent is so beautiful. I wouldn't care if I couldn't understand someone.
    I'm from FL, and needless to say....it's not so great.
    I'd love to learn the Welsh language. My mother would absolutely love to go to Wales and Scotland (her family is scot/welsh).
    I just want to learn the language because we have this family "bible" sort of thing (it's more of a family tree thing) that is almost completely written in Welsh. The only thing I learned from that thing is that i'm a distant cousin of Tom Jones

There are some good translation sites out there that include welsh... and I think that Lingaphone does a welsh course too. Not sure if I'm announce publicly that I'm related to Thomas Woodward tho (jk!). this might help tho' Learn Welsh Podcast - Homepage (there are lots of free language podcasts if you look for them)
    Free Charmed.

I don't get why these dumbass actors think they are historical geniuses and their opinions matter because they sort of have a career and some notoriety - mostly bad in her case. I never heard Catherine ZJ make any comments and she is Welsh. The way Shitienna's career is going she is better off finding a cottage somewhere in the country and raise some goats and be happy someone wants to marry her dumbass. Maybe the idiot is thinking of a career in politics now with her new found historical enlightnment - rolling eyes.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

It may be the difference btw north & south; imo the southern welsh are more accepting & friendly the north, harder & more hostile.... but yes.... Category:Welsh film actors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia this is a fun list, but its using the "Welsh" bit very loosely....
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    LOL! She jumping on a Welsh Nationalist bandwagon, but then doing exactly what she is lambasting others for. One of my set of Grandparents is mainly Welsh and even tho they lived there we were looked upon strangely by the locals when we visited. Obviously the people that knew her/us were ok, but strangers were very hostile. This was in the same area, and as a young teen, it was a bit scary tbh. We used to get glared at a lot.... (and I've just realised that this was nearly 30 years ago... I feel old now .. and I miss my Gran She was crazy! {and welsh} )
    yeah I think she just made the statement to sound political.

as for being glared @ because of your nationality,that would scare me too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information