Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Shia LaBeouf storms out of press conference - puts a paper bag on his head

SHIA LABEOUF IS CURRENTLY DOING SOME KIND OF SUPER ARTSY THING IN LOS ANGELES

By Jamie Lee Curtis Taete

As you've probably heard by now, Shia LaBeouf—actor, director, and mirror to our tortured souls—is doing a piece of performance art in Los Angeles.
    The exhibition/performance/whatever is called #IAMSORRY and is being held at 7354 Beverly Boulevard until Sunday.
    I headed down to check it out.

I arrived expecting a huge line, but there was none—just one other guy and a security guard. The guard told me that I was the 75th person to see the exhibit, and that I had to go in alone, "because we don't want anyone else to ruin your experience."
    After about five minutes of waiting, the security guard gave me the once-over with a metal detector and allowed me inside.

I ended up in a room with a bunch of objects laid out on a table. I managed to sneak a photo.
    There was a ukulele, a bottle of Jack Daniels, a bowl containing print-outs of mean tweets about Shia, a bowl of Hershey's Kisses, a bottle of Brut cologne, a copy of The Death-Ray by Daniel Clowes, an Optimus Prime action figure, some pliers, and a whip.
    A woman told me to choose an object. I picked up the bowl of mean tweets about Shia.

A copy of the press release for whatever this thing is.
    Bowl in hand, the woman led me through a curtain and into a small room.
    Shia was sitting at a small wooden table in the center of the space. He was wearing a suit and the "I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE" bag that he had on his head in Berlin.
    The woman left, and it was just me and Shia. I didn't sneak a photo of him, out of respect for his art (just kidding: I chickened out).
    I sat down opposite him. As far as I could tell, I wasn't being filmed, and nobody was listening in.
    After sitting there for a few seconds as Shia stared at me in silence, I said, "So you're not gonna talk, huh?" He didn't respond.
    I looked at his hands; I looked at his eyes. I felt a little bit embarrassed, both for Shia and myself.
    I took one of the tweets out of the bowl and read it. It said something about Shia's being an "insufferable twat."
    I looked back into his eyes and noticed that the bag was soggy underneath the eyeholes. Without thinking about it, I asked, "Is the mask like that because you've been crying?" Shia said nothing. I internally scolded myself for indulging him.
    I decided just to sit and stare into his eyes and wait until they told me my time was up. After doing this for a couple of boring, awkward minutes, I realized that maybe I didn't have a time limit. I decided to show myself out.
    Right before I got up to leave, I pulled one of the mean tweets out of the bowl and read it aloud to him. It said, "The apotheosis of trying too hard," which was fitting.
    As I left the room, I thanked him. Shia nodded at me.

I let myself out through another curtain, and then a security guy led me outside through a back door.
    When I got out, I saw that the line had grown to about ten people.
    As I walked back to my car, I tried to figure out why Shia was doing this. Is he trolling? Is he genuinely trying to make some kind of statement about celebrity or something? Is he reverse-engineering the whole thing to make himself look less stupid over the whole plagiarism thing? Or is he just doing it so that people like me will write about him? After a few seconds of letting these thoughts swirl around my head, I remembered that, mostly, I just don't care.

Source: Shia LaBeouf Is Currently Doing Some Kind of Super Artsy Thing in Los Angeles | VICE United States

Bombshell, sluce and MmeVertigina like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Elite Member

How would you know who is under the paper bag?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    That's what I wondered too. It could be anyone under there while Shia is off somewhere else Googling more quotes to plagiarise.
    mostroop likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I love this and would totally go if I lived close enough. LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

It's friggen HIGH-larious. I'd love to go. I wonder what happens if someone picks the pliers?

The whole thing reminds me of something one of my pot head lazy ass buds from my early twenties would have come up with and found absolutely gut busting to consider.
    sluce likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I would pick the pink ukelele, which I cannot play, and proceed to pretend I could play and sing to him until they dragged me out.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Mark Harley of "The Hungover Games"

MTV's Laura Whitmore

Also (before Shia) director Eli Roth and bag people at the premiere of Cabin Fever

And Pop singer Sia a few months ago.

Mark Harley and Laura Whitmore wear Shia LaBeouf-inspired paper bags | Mail Online

ETA I've just had a closer look at the picture of Sia on the magazine cover. The bottom of the bag reads "& doesn't want to be famous..." Hmmm, y' know, I SWEAR I've seen something very similar to that, and quite recently too...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

THIS is why I had to put Shia in the death pool. that little bitch cannot take this mockery.
    CL** and Just Kill Me like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Elite Member

So now he's just copying Marina Abramovic?
    sputnik likes this.

For a guy who's not famous anymore, he's sure picked some weird ways to avoid getting noticed.
    MmeVertigina and Kittylady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    He is quickly surpassing Bieber in the who would I rather slap in the face with a raw halibut filet race.
    Why does it have to be a competition? Can't they both just get a halibut to the cheek?
    sluce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    In the actual picture of him wearing the bag, you can tell it's him by his eyes.

I would have picked the Brut and sprayed him until SOMETHING happened. Whether I empty the entire bottle on him, or he gets pissed off that he now smells like the 70's....a thing of the past. Get it? A thing of the past! Ha!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    What would they do, if someone took the whip and just went at him?

I'd drink the Jack, beat him to death with the whip, disassemble him with the pliers, wash my hands in brut and gtfo!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Can anyone close to this please go?!
    darksithbunny likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information