Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Shia LaBeouf announces retirement from public life

Like he ever stopped.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

These young "artists" need to stick to what their good at: acting and or singing. They're so good at one thing, they think they have everything else figured out. Franco, Gaga, Shia, Kanye and all the rest of them are just coming off as desperate. Joaquin tried it too and it failed. Their message is getting lost in their assholery. I'm not an artist so I'm obviously not getting that they're living their art or whatever. They should work on their main craft and quit embarrassing themselves. If only they knew how young and immature they're coming off. There are a few masterful performance artists. And those people make you think and make you question. These guys are just making me wonder who low they can go. And maybe all these shenanigans are art. And being embarrassed is a kind of suffering. I don't fucking know. But I do know people like me just see it as attenion grabbing and fame whoring. And there's not much to that message.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

mjw
    Elite Member

<font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Source Sans Pro">

Shia LaBeouf
    just headbutted a guy in a bar after what sounds like a nuclear argument over his girlfriend's mom ... and TMZ has the video.

At 6 seconds into the clip, you see Shia (wearing a white cap) headbutt a bald guy.

Shia screams at the guy, "What are you saying about my girl's mom? Are you f**king kidding me bro?"

You hear a girl -- presumably the girl Shia was with -- screaming his name in a plea for him to stop.

The fight went down at a pub called Hobgoblin in South London Thursday night -- in a pretty rough part of town.

Shia knows the pub well ... he was in a fight at the same joint in November, 2012. And his bar fight history doesn't end there ... he also got his ass whooped on the street outside a Vancouver bar in 2011.

Read more: Shia LaBeouf -- Headbutts Guy in London Bar Brawl | TMZ.com

He's going to look brilliant in pink.

Maybe he needs to stay in US bars.

"Are you fucking kidding me bro?" cracked me up. Also the Hobgoblin is a grimy pit, full of Goldsmiths students.
    Novice likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Elite Member

More of a body shoved than a head butt.
    having said that, he needs to lay off the booze!

BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    More of a body shoved than a head butt.
    having said that, he needs to lay off the booze!
    Yeah, that's not a head butt. My cat does that same thing when he wants attention and I wont give it. Head butt my ass.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Default Shia LaBeouf's Full Art Proposal: Pliers, an Indiana Jones Whip and Humiliation

Shia LaBeouf wants to be 'humiliated' in new performance art show to apologise for plagiarism scandal | Mail Online

Shia LaBeouf wants to be 'humiliated' in new performance art show to apologise for plagiarism scandal

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 03:01 GMT, 26 January 2014 | UPDATED: 03:09 GMT, 26 January 2014

Shia LaBeouf is apparently still trying to ride the publicity wave of his plagiarism scandal.

The 27-year-old actor is reported to be in the market to stage a performance art piece where he sits alone in a room with a paper bag on his head for seven days in repentance for ripping off material from graphic novelist Daniel Clowes.

Visitors to the show are given the choice of an odd assortment of objects - including a whip, pliers, and whiskey - which they can choose to inflict upon the star in any way they like.
    Taking it further: Shia LaBeouf wants to put on an apologetic art show to humiliate himself in repentance for plagiarism, pictured in New York in April 6

Taking it further: Shia LaBeouf wants to put on an apologetic art show to humiliate himself in repentance for plagiarism, pictured in New York in April

The Hollywood Reporter obtained an email sent by Shia to the owner of a Los Angeles Gallery, detailing his proposed show.

The description for the star's performance exhibit titled #IAMSORRY would give almost any museum goer pause for thought, leaving them to question whether it is an authentic expression of contrition or just another bid for attention.

But this is not the first time the Nymphomaniac star has pulled a stunt like this, as earlier this month he hired a skywriting company to emblazon the heavens with 'I am sorry Daniel Clowes', following the Transformer's star's admitted plagiarism of the cartoonist's graphic novel.
    Suffering for his art: The 27-year-old proposes to sit in a room and let visitors do whatever they like to him for seven days, pictured in Park City, Utah, in January 2013
    +6

Suffering for his art: The 27-year-old proposes to sit in a room and let visitors do whatever they like to him for seven days, pictured in Park City, Utah, in January 2013

Contrite or trite? Shia LaBeouf apologized again on Wednesday to graphic artist Daniel Clowes for stealing from his work without attribution
    +6

Contrite or trite? Shia apologized last week to graphic artist Daniel Clowes for stealing from his work without attribution with some skywriting

Shia is reported to have contacted at least four galleries in the Los Angeles area with his proposed show, including contemporary Francois Ghebaly Gallery.

'We got an inquiry from him,' the owner Francois Ghebaly told THR. 'We responded that we'd be interested to discuss it with him. Nothing is sure at all.'

The proposal for #IAMSORRY says that outside of the exhibit would be a table, where a pair of pliers, an Indiana Jones whip, chocolates, Transformers toys, and a ukulele sit and museum goers are instructed to choose an item before entering the show.
    Pulling a Joaquin Phoenix? The Nymphomaniac star has been digging into darker roles and is now apparently using his celebrity as performance art
    +6

Pulling a Joaquin Phoenix? The Nymphomaniac star has been digging into darker roles and is now apparently using his celebrity as performance art

Inside the exhibit is a man seated alone in a room with a paper bag printed with the words 'I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE' on his head.

The email sent by LaBeouf makes it clear that it may not be the actual star seated with the bag on his head and could very well be an 'impostor'.

Visitors are instructed to do whatever they like to the paper bag wearing person in the room, subjecting him to either forgiveness or humiliation with the items they chose.
    So much for retiring from public life: Shia hit out at Jim Carrey on Twitter and although he has since deleted the tweet he is still causing controversy
    +6

So much for retiring from public life: Shia hit out at Jim Carrey on Twitter and although he has since deleted the tweet he is still causing controversy

The exhibit follows a string of online apologies the actor made after releasing last year a 12-minute short film HowardCantour.com starring Jim Gaffigan, but quickly pulled it after allegations of plagiarism arose.

The short had striking similarities to the graphic novel Justin M. Damiano by 52-year-old cartoonist Daniel Clowes.

Shia's actions were called 'shameless theft' by the comic's publisher Eric Reynolds and a steady string of apologies from Shia ensued.
    Speaking out: Shia, 27, announced his news of retirement on his Twitter page earlier this month but it is unclear if it is just another hoax
    +6

Speaking out: Shia, 27, announced his news of retirement on his Twitter page earlier this month but it is unclear if it is just another hoax

The short movie was premiered at the May 2012 Cannes Film Festival and it told the story of film critic Howard Cantour, but the similarities to Daniel's work wasn't pointed out until Shia put the movie online.

Observant viewers attacked the short as an almost direct adaptation of the 2007 comic, but Shia failed to give Daniel any credit.

Shia in six tweets on December 16 said he 'got lost in the creative process,' apologized profusely and dramatically concluded by posting 'I f***** up'.

Shia could face legal action for borrowing the work without attribution.

Read more:

Shia LaBeouf's Full Art Proposal: Pliers, an Indiana Jones Whip and Humiliation (Exclusive)

Read more: Shia LaBeouf wants to be 'humiliated' in new performance art show to apologise for plagiarism scandal | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WTF is this guy on?
    Serious question....
    Kittylady likes this.

Elite Member

He wants to be humiliated in art? Isn't that what most of his film career is doing already?
    SoCalMarie, NickiDrea and Sarzy like this.

So he'll appropriate Marina Abramovic to apologise for plagiarism? Oh Shia, you're so deep.
    To plagiarise the rest of the world, Shia, fuck off.
    I haven't fucked much with the past, but I've fucked plenty with the future

Shia LaBeouf Joins Bill Murray And Bruce Willis In 'Rock The Kasbah'

Unfamous Shia LaBeouf Joins Bill Murray And Bruce Willis In ‘Rock The Kasbah’

By Ashley Burns / 01.31.14

Run, Shia! Run to the REVOLUCION!

And here I was starting to really, truly, incredibly enjoy the fact that headbuttin’ badass Shia LaBeouf had renounced his own fame and accepted the fact that we all think he’s a giant sack of assdouche. The 27-year old actor, who most recently tried to pretend that plagiarizing an honest cartoonist’s work is actually performance art, has repeatedly declared on Twitter that he is not famous anymore, instead of, you know, apologizing for being a sh*t-eating thief, but I guess it’s hard to deny the allure of those Hollywood lights when the casting directors come calling.

According to The Wrap, The Beouef will poop his karate gi alongside Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Zooey Deschanel and Danny McBride, among others, in the obviously star-studded comedy, Rock the Kasbah, directed by Barry Levinson and eventually Shia LaBeouf.

Written by Mitch Glazer, “Rock the Kasbah” follows Richie Vance, a has-been rock manager who takes his last remaining client on a USO tour of Afghanistan. When Richie finds himself in Kabul, abandoned, penniless and without his passport, he discovers a young girl with an extraordinary voice and manages her through Afghanistan’s version of “American Idol”, the wildly popular “Afghan Star.”

“I couldn’t have dreamed of a more perfect team of comic actors to round out this wickedly funny and heartfelt film,” said Levinson. (Via The Wrap)At which point, LaBeouf interjected, “Like Barry said, WE couldn’t have dreamed of a more perfect team of comic actors to round out this wickedly funny and heartfelt film, and I’m very excited to poke fun at a show like American Idol, which I created and then won the first season with my hit song, ‘Let it Be.’ In conclusion, I am still not famous anymore, but f*ck you all in your sad, jealous faces.”

And then I imagine that he pooped himself.

Shia LaBeouf, Zooey Deschanel, Danny McBride Join Bill Murray in 'Rock the Kasbah' - TheWrap

Shia LaBeouf, Zooey Deschanel, Danny McBride Join Bill Murray in ‘Rock the Kasbah’

Movies | By Jeff Sneider on January 30, 2014 @ 3:37

Berlin: QED will be shopping Barry Levinson’s comedy, which also stars Bruce Willis and Kate Hudson

Moving on from the Daniel Clowes plagiarism controversy, Shia LaBeouf has signed on to join Bill Murray and Bruce Willis in Barry Levinson’s comedy “Rock the Kasbah,” which has also added Danny McBride, Zooey Deschanel and Kate Hudson to its ensemble cast, it was announced Thursday.

Written by Mitch Glazer, “Rock the Kasbah” follows Richie Vance, a has-been rock manager who takes his last remaining client on a USO tour of Afghanistan. When Richie finds himself in Kabul, abandoned, penniless and without his passport, he discovers a young girl with an extraordinary voice and manages her through Afghanistan’s version of “American Idol”, the wildly popular “Afghan Star.”

QED’s Bill Block, Venture Forth’s Jacob Pechenik, Shangri-La Entertainment’s Steve Bing and Glazer will produce the film, while Brian Grazer and Tom Freston will executive produce. Production will start in June.

“I couldn’t have dreamed of a more perfect team of comic actors to round out this wickedly funny and heartfelt film,” said Levinson.

QED will represent the film at the European Film Market in Berlin, where QED’s sales slate also includes Oren Moverman’s “Time Out of Mind” starring Richard Gere, Peter Billingsley’s “Term Life” starring Vince Vaughn and “The Family Fang,” which stars Jason Bateman and Nicole Kidman.

Well, that didn't last long. Faux retirement protestations aside, I'm confused about how he continues to get work.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Great.
    Dorahacky likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information