Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Sherri Shepherd and Hubby Lamar Sally Separate

Surrogacy in PA is funny. No laws have been set to address the advances in reproductive health, (because they are too busy limiting a women's right to choice) but there was a case where a gestational carrier took the triplets she birthed. She lost. The courts ruled she was not the mother and only the biological father could have custody. Even in that case the court did not rule on any legalities of surrogacy or contracts. There is a process where the woman who hires a gestational carrier can be named the mother without adoption proceedings. Even that process is not legally binding, and I have seen a case where one judge would not sign the form because the woman who hired the surrogate was not the biological mother. She was using donor eggs and sperm.

It's a mess, and cries out for legislation to protect all parties. I do not like Sherri at all, but she may have a case here, and her case will set precedent if she tries to appeal higher now that the state supreme court refused to hear her case. She is not the biological mother. I do not know if she filled out paperwork for the Assisted Conception Birth Registration. If she did not complete that form, there is nothing on record that legally binds her to the child. The surrogacy contract may or may not be enforced since there is no law to say it is binding.

The gossip monger in me really wants to know what happened in that marriage.
    fgg, sputnik, KrisNine and 2 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    The gossip monger in me really wants to know what happened in that marriage.
    You and me both. She called the marriage a "fraud" but never elaborated, dammit. She acts like he tricked her into thinking he had money and a job, when anyone who could look up a profile on imdb could see he didn't have any significant writing or producing credits. She went on and on about him on The View, the whole surrogacy thing, then suddenly *boom* it was over. C'mon, something happened. It's like she thinks the entire marriage was one big con. To get a baby and $50k/yr in child support?

I remember early on, there were stories about another woman, who he claimed was an old friend and who was a bridesmaid in their wedding. Does Sherrie think they conspired in this? She's not the brightest bulb, that's for sure, but if she spilled, people might not think she's a total scum who backed out of a legal contract and abandoned a child.

SHERRI: BETRAYED ON HER WEDDING DAY!

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 @ 12:32PM

The View’s SHERRI SHEPHERD’s new husband betrayed her on their wedding day – because he never told her that he once had an intimate relationship with one of her bridesmaids, charge insiders.

Now pals are saying Lamar “Sal” Sally’s secret could destroy his three-month marriage to Sherri, a co-host on “The View” and host of “The Newlywed Game.”

Sal, 41, asked to have his good friend Wendy Marrisa Peel included in the wedding party for the Aug. 13 nuptials in Chicago, say insiders.

But some sources claim that Wendy was much more than just a “friend.”

“Sal and Wendy met at college in 1990 and dat*ed for about a year,” a close family friend revealed exclusively to the ENQUIRER. “But they mutually decided they were not meant to be in a committed relationship, so they broke up.

“However, they remained ‘friends with benefits’ right up to the time Sal met and started dating Sherri!

“It is quite possible Wendy was the last person Sal was intimate with before he met Sherri.”

Contacted by The ENQUIRER, Wendy vehemently denied dating Sal or having an intimate relation*ship with him.

A principal in the Los Angeles area, Wendy, 40, has a 3-year-old child who is Sal’s goddaughter. When Sherri, 44, started planning her wedding to Sal, “he begged her to include Wendy as a bridesmaid,” said an insider.

So along with Sherri’s “View” co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck and six other bridesmaids, Wendy was front and center when the two tied the knot.

“Now every time Sherri looks at their wedding photo, she has to see one of Sal’s ex-lovers standing right beside her,” noted the insider.

SHERRI: BETRAYED ON HER WEDDING DAY! | National Enquirer

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Pfft. If every bride with a bridesmaid that had at one time or another had fu@ked the groom could disown their kids, there'd be a hella lot of orphans.

I agree! Just not buying that she divorced him because he was a lazy unemployed bum. No fraud there, she knew that (or should have) when she married him. She seems to think he married her specifically to get a baby and get her to pay child support. Which seems a little crazy to me.
    Kittylady likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Maybe she was upset when she realized the earth is round, and he would not be walking off the edge.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

I don't get her. She must have wanted a child at some point in this process. She should sue for legal and physical custody to minimize child support, have a nanny deal with the ex, and enjoy having a kid. And read a book.

I don't know if she wanted a kid so much as she wanted to please and keep her MAN who wanted a kid. And now, since she has no bio connection to the kid, and her ex does, she apparently feels justified in walking away.

Elite Member

Yeah, I guess if anybody were to be *that* stupid, it would be her.

Bronze Member

I was clicking thru the channels this AM and Sherri has some sort of new show on one of the cooking channels. I like just about anything related to cooking but I refuse to watch her show.

She's a piece of work...and a total selfish scumbag.
    sprynkles likes this.

Bronze Member

Supposedly, the child is actually the biological product of Lamar and Wendy, implanted in the surrogate and being paid for by Sherri.
    That's pretty cold, if true.

ShibaJonz

A DNA test could resolve that quickly. If Sherri can prove that hubby and Wendy intentionally deceived her, and that was not told that Wendy was egg donor, she may have a case. Otherwise she needs to shut up and support this child.

fgg

Sherri Shepherd is doling out cash, but not love for surrogate son

Sherri Shepherd is setting the record straight on her baby drama with ex-husband Lamar Sally.

“I feel I had a very tight pre-nup,” she told Dr. Oz in a new interview airing on Friday, “But there’s a baby here and I have always said I would take care of his son because he’s here and I make money. I always said I would provide financially.”

Shepherd, 49, and Sally split in May 2014 before their son, Lamar Sally Jr., was born via donor egg and surrogate.

Last year, her ex-husband filed a petition to increase child support payments from $4,100 per month, but a judge denied his request in January.

“I think that what he was asking for allowed for him not to have to work,” she said.

The former “View” co-host explained to Dr. Oz that caring for the 2-year-old would require her to work a lot of jobs, but she’s happy to provide.

“Even now, he never has to worry about anything as long as I’m working,” she said. “He’s on my health insurance. He’s got a life insurance policy in case anything happens to me. He’ll be taken care of the way Jeffrey [her other son] is. I’ve just chosen to take myself out because I think it’s worse for a child with two parents not getting along.”

In January, Shepherd went on a Twitter rant, slamming both of her exes, Sally and Jeffrey Tarpley, who she divorced in 2010.

“How many ex husbands does it take to get money from a single mom. Two. #dumb and #dumber #getalife #getajob,” she wrote, claiming that Tarpley was feeding Sally information.

When asked about the rant, Shepherd simply laughed, “Don’t let me get a mimosa cause I’ll go crazy!”

Sherri Shepherd is doling out cash, but not love for surrogate son | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

OK, so wait. Mimosas are to blame for part of this mess? Oh OK.

“Even now, he never has to worry about anything as long as I’m working,” she said. “He’s on my health insurance. He’s got a life insurance policy in case anything happens to me. He’ll be taken care of the way Jeffrey [her other son] is. I’ve just chosen to take myself out because I think it’s worse for a child with two parents not getting along.”
    Maybe it's just me, but I feel like she's just one step away from calling this child "it".
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

For the first two sentences, I thought she was bitching about Lamar. I was wrong.
    Waterslide likes this.

I had to re-read it twice before I realized she wasn't bitching about Lamar. It's kind of disturbing, actually.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information