Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Sherri Shepherd and Hubby Lamar Sally Separate

Yes, but did the pre-nup address child support for any children born during the marriage? Bio or otherwise? It's hard to have an opinion because I think the entire situation is so fucked up I don't know what to think and I don't have any respect for how either of them is handling it. Team baby, because the baby is the one who got screwed here.
    sluce likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    A little rumor I am hearing locally but cannot substantiate. Rumor I heard is that they used donor eggs because Lamar said that he didn't want a kid like her son Jeffrey, and felt it was genetic as much as being premature.

Or perhaps they used donor eggs because Sherri Shepherd is 47 and her own eggs aren't as viable.

A new chapter in this never-ending saga.......

Sherri Shepherd's Surrogate: I'm Being Forced to Pay Child Support

Rebecca RoseFiled to: DIRT BAG

Yesterday 8:00pm

The woman who served as Sherri Shepherd and Larry Sally's surrogate says their bitter breakup has resulted in her being sought for child support payments.
    I know—your response right now is "WHAT?" This is absolutely baffling but according to Jessica Bartholomew, this is indeed what she's being forced to go through. In 2013, Sheperd announced that she and her husband Sally were going using a surrogate to have a new baby. Bartholomew, a waitress from California, was the surrogate who was chosen.
    Shepherd reportedly wanted to use her egg and Sally's sperm, but according to TMZ, the baby was conceived without her egg. Then, before the birth of the baby in August, Sally and Shepherd split. Their divorce proceedings have been absolutely vicious, even by Hollywood divorce standards. One of the biggest revelations was that Shepherd backed out of the surrogate agreement altogether, claiming Sally was using the surrogate baby as a way to get money out of her in the form of child support. Sally, who has had custody of the baby since he was born, has since sued his ex for alimony and child support.
    So where does that leave Bartholomew? According to an interview she gave to Inside Edition(via Madame Noire) she is now being pursued for child support.
    Bartholomew explains that although she was connected with the couple through a surrogate agency, she is listed on the child's birth certificate as a "noncustodial parent." Because of this, she says that she is also being pursued for child support. Apparently, Sally applied for Medi-Cal, which is a state program that provides free or low-cost health insurance, to assist with medical costs relating to a health condition plaguing the infant. This resulted in the state of California going after Bartholomew for child support.
    Bartholomew, who was paid about $30,000 to serve as the surrogate, puts the blame squarely on Shepherd for backing out of the surrogacy agreement:
    "I could not believe this is happening. When I decided to do this for them, I didn't think ever that this could happen. I just don't understand how she could do that and act like this baby is non-existent. It just blows my mind....I'm angry at Sherri because she never once contacted me to tell me what was happening. She would call and check up on me during the pregnancy in the beginning. At the 20 week appointment she seemed so excited."
    Watch a clip of Bartholomew's interview below

A new chapter in this never-ending saga.......

Sherri Shepherd's Surrogate: I'm Being Forced to Pay Child Support

Rebecca RoseFiled to: DIRT BAG

The woman who served as Sherri Shepherd and Larry Sally's surrogate says their bitter breakup has resulted in her being sought for child support payments.
    I know—your response right now is "WHAT?" This is absolutely baffling but according to Jessica Bartholomew, this is indeed what she's being forced to go through. In 2013, Sheperd announced that she and her husband Sally were going using a surrogate to have a new baby. Bartholomew, a waitress from California, was the surrogate who was chosen.
    Shepherd reportedly wanted to use her egg and Sally's sperm, but according to TMZ, the baby was conceived without her egg. Then, before the birth of the baby in August, Sally and Shepherd split. Their divorce proceedings have been absolutely vicious, even by Hollywood divorce standards. One of the biggest revelations was that Shepherd backed out of the surrogate agreement altogether, claiming Sally was using the surrogate baby as a way to get money out of her in the form of child support. Sally, who has had custody of the baby since he was born, has since sued his ex for alimony and child support.
    So where does that leave Bartholomew? According to an interview she gave to Inside Edition(via Madame Noire) she is now being pursued for child support.
    Bartholomew explains that although she was connected with the couple through a surrogate agency, she is listed on the child's birth certificate as a "noncustodial parent." Because of this, she says that she is also being pursued for child support. Apparently, Sally applied for Medi-Cal, which is a state program that provides free or low-cost health insurance, to assist with medical costs relating to a health condition plaguing the infant. This resulted in the state of California going after Bartholomew for child support.
    Bartholomew, who was paid about $30,000 to serve as the surrogate, puts the blame squarely on Shepherd for backing out of the surrogacy agreement:
    "I could not believe this is happening. When I decided to do this for them, I didn't think ever that this could happen. I just don't understand how she could do that and act like this baby is non-existent. It just blows my mind....I'm angry at Sherri because she never once contacted me to tell me what was happening. She would call and check up on me during the pregnancy in the beginning. At the 20 week appointment she seemed so excited."
    Watch a clip of Bartholomew's interview below

I saw the surrogate interviewed on Inside Edition yesterday. She said this was a gestational surrogacy, so she has no bio link to the baby. But since Sherri refused to have her name on the birth certificate, the surrogate is listed as mother. And since Sally has applied for State benefits, they are going after her. She also said she went through an agency and there was a lengthy contract that both Sherri and Sally signed. The surrogate is a single mother and basically did this for the money. Now she's on the hook for the baby? It's a totally screwed up situation.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Yet another case of bioethics not being hashed out before the technology is used. The surrogate will not have to pay support, and this will create case law for future cases.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I don't feel sorry for her.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Oh, what a tangled web we weave when two douche lords try to conceive.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I don't feel sorry for her.
    You don't feel sorry for the surrogate or Sherri? I feel for the surrogate. She didn't sign up to be in their personal drama.
    Kittylady and czb like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

i feel for the surrogate. Fucking Sherri Shepherd is a twat.
    sluce, Kittylady and Brah like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Why wouldn't you feel sorry for the surrogate? Because she rented out her womb for money?

I put the blame for this solely on Sherri. If it weren't for her, this child wouldn't have been born. So sorry she ended up marrying an asshole and rushed into parenthood with him, but she picked him, and in my opinion, it doesn't absolve her of responsibility any more than if she'd given birth to the baby. To top it off, she'd already been through a divorce with child support/alimony paid to her 1st husband, so she can't claim she was so naive that the possibility never crossed her mind.
    Kittylady likes this.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

The worse part is that this was through an agency. I feel horrible for the surrogate and the child. What kind of screening and relationship ciunselingn is done before the process moves forward?
    Kittylady likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

^ She was a "celebrity" and had the money. That's my guess anyway. I also wonder what kind of help (legal or otherwise) they offer the surrogate if something goes awry like this. Sherri contracted to be named the mother, but obviously the hospital didn't care about that contract when the time came to fill out the birth certificate. And the State doesn't care when the come knocking to collect child support. So what protection does the contract give her?

Elite Member

My question is - why isn't the father working? Why does he need to apply for state aid?

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    You don't feel sorry for the surrogate or Sherri? I feel for the surrogate. She didn't sign up to be in their personal drama.
    Oh, I meant Sherri. The surrogate is totally innocent. She was providing a service to Sherri and her husband. Now Sherri is bailing 'cause she's an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Oh, what a tangled web we weave when two douche lords try to conceive.
    sluce likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information