Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Sherri Shepherd and Hubby Lamar Sally Separate

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Good point.

Just curious here. Does anyone know whose health insurance covers surrogate mothers' pre-natal care? Would her health insurance cover it, since technically the care is just as much (if not more so) for her as it is the baby? Are there clauses about this in policies? I googled this, but didn't get much information. If anyone has any firsthand knowledge they wouldn't mind sharing, I'd love to hear it.
    Usually it's billed to the agency and/or their insurance policy who has worked out billing/payment plans with the intended parents.

Their poor surrogate to be stuck in this mess. I don't think Sherri can just say no thanks, but rumor has it he's "pushed her to it" saying she has no parental rights because she's not the biological parent.

Quote Originally Posted by maryk View Post
    Usually it's billed to the agency and/or their insurance policy who has worked out billing/payment plans with the intended parents.

Their poor surrogate to be stuck in this mess. I don't think Sherri can just say no thanks, but rumor has it he's "pushed her to it" saying she has no parental rights because she's not the biological parent.
    Oh, so he wants her to have no rights to the child, just wants her to pay to support it?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^ Wow, imagine he doesn't even ask her for child support, and he just wants the kid? In the original article it said he wanted full custody and she should only get visitation and he wanted spousal support. It didn't mention child support, maybe you can only ask for that if the child is actually born? I wonder if she is just that bad of a parent that he just wants to take the baby and run.

Well, she's either legally the child's mother, or she's not. If she's not, she shouldn't be expected to pay child support. Sounds to me like he wants to have it both ways. If he just wants the child, then he should be agreeing with Sherri that she has no parental link or financial obligation.
    CL** likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^ Frankly, the rumor confused me. I really expect him to ask for child support and insist that she's the mother.

And now the next level of hell begins....

Sherri Shepherd Surrogate Gives Birth

8/5/2014 12:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We're told the baby boy was born Tuesday in Pennsylvania.

We broke the story ... Sherri has disavowed maternity, claiming her estranged husband Lamar Sally defrauded her when she signed the surrogate documents. She believes his intent all along was to divorce her and then go for child support.

We know Lamar intends to raise the child himself but he will still ask a judge to order Sherri to pay support.

We're told Sherri was not present -- Lamar was ... and sources close to him say he is excited to be a new dad and for the future ahead.

Read more: Sherri Shepherd -- Surrogate Gives Birth | TMZ.com
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Just when I think I couldn't think less of Sherri . . .
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Assholes like this are gonna fuck up surrogacy laws and make arrangements harder for everyone else.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'm interested to see what evidence she presents to show he defrauded her. I'm also hearing from people who have knowledge of the case that the baby is the product of a donor egg, and the husbands sperm, and birthed by a gestational carrier. He is already the father but she is not the mother until recognized by the courts.

Here in PA the laws of surrogacy are really non-existent, yet it is a surrogacy friendly state but you better have a good contract in place. There has only been one case where a gestational carrier wanted to keep the triplets she birthed and the court ruled against her, giving the kids to the bio dad and intended mother. PA does have laws in place to govern assisted conception that will come into play here.

Pennsylvania’s “Assisted Conception Birth Registrations” Procedure

With respect to gestational surrogacy (that is, where the carrier is not the genetic mother of the child), it will likely be possible to establish the legal parentage of the genetic and intended parents without having to institute any adoption proceedings. In September 1995, Vital Records, of the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH), formulated a procedure allowing for the originally issued birth certificate to identify the intended parents as the child’s parents. That procedure requires: 1) the completion and submission of a “Supplemental Report of Assisted Conception” (a Vital Records form); and, 2) the issuance of a court order, by a judge of competent jurisdiction, directing that any certified copies of the birth record of the child(ren) shall reflect the parentage of the intended parents. Procedurally, in order to obtain the required court order, a detailed petition must be filed with the court (usually the Orphans' Court division in the Pennsylvania county where the birth occurs). It should be observed that this procedure is not prescribed by any statute or any duly enacted regulation. Accordingly, it is not binding upon the courts and a particular judge in a particular jurisdiction may refuse to issue the required court order. Nonetheless, to date, courts in more than thirty Pennsylvania counties have issued such orders. In the vast majority of those jurisdictions, it should be possible to obtain the required court order as a pre-birth order, that is, before the child(ren)’s birth. Although most of the parentage orders issued pursuant to the DOH “Assisted Conception Birth Registrations” procedure have involved children who are the genetic offspring of both intended parents, courts in more than twenty (20) Pennsylvania counties have issued such orders where donor eggs (from neither the intended mother nor the carrier) were used in achieving conception. Hence, it may be possible for an intended mother, who is not the genetic mother of the child, to be deemed a legal parent without the need for adoption proceedings. Procedure: Nonetheless, to date, courts in more than thirty Pennsylvania counties have issued such orders, and recent Pennsylvania appellate case law has recognized and been supportive of the procedure.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Even though it was a donor egg, she went through so much with her husband to bring this child into the world, the embryo could just have easily been implanted into her but they decided to hire a surrogate for whatever reason. She should be responsible for this child, IMO. The fact that her husband duped her (if he did) should have no bearing. This baby is better off without her.

Sherri Shepherd claims estranged hubby pilfered around $20K from their joint bank account before he split ... and the money could end up as a key piece of evidence in their custody war.

Sources close to the couple tell us Sherri was in the dark until she looked at a recent bank statement and saw the money was gone.

The fired "View" host is disavowing the contract she and Lamar Sally signed with a surrogate on grounds Lamar defrauded Sherri -- that the only reason he wanted the baby was so he could divorce her and collect child support. We're told Sherri will use the $20K withdrawal as proof Lamar was purely money-motivated.

Sources tell us Lamar used the money for baby expenses ... including trips he took to Pennsylvania to be with the surrogate. He also claims Sherri knew full well he took the money out of their joint account.

Lamar has yet to hear from Sherri since the baby was born.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

A little rumor I am hearing locally but cannot substantiate. Rumor I heard is that they used donor eggs because Lamar said that he didn't want a kid like her son Jeffrey, and felt it was genetic as much as being premature.
    Last edited by sluce; August 10th, 2014 at 08:17 PM.

Damn, she really picked a prize with that one.

Lamar Sally Rejects Sherri Shepherd’s Divorce Settlement | Black America Web

Lamar Sally Rejects Sherri Shepherd’s Divorce Settlement
    Sep 3, 2014 By Hellobeautiful Staff

Sherri Shepherd is still going through drama with her ex-husband Lamar Sally.

After the two filed separate divorce papers, Lamar has reportedly rejected the settlement that offered him a $100,000 one-time lump sum payment and $3,000 in monthly child support for his son that was delivered by a surrogate a few weeks ago. Instead of the payment, Lamar reportedly wants $10,000 in child support, even though the original $100,000 payout was more than what the original prenup gave him. The prenup also didn’t require Sherri to pay any child support to Lamar at all.

This proposed settlement comes as a surprise because it was originally reported that the former host of “The View” refused to pay child support for her then unborn son. If you remember, the two went through a chaotic split with details being aired out to the public. Lamar accused Sherri of being a bad mom and even filed for custody of their son.

Even though this drama has not ended, we’re looking forward to seeing Sherri succeed. We can’t wait to see her in Broadway’s “Cinderella” alongside KeKe Palmer.

Seems like a generous deal considering the prenup. $3000 a month sounds way better than the $250 a month I got.
    sluce, Mrs P and Catty like this.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information