Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Sherman Hemsley dead at 74

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    Seriously, so many icons from that era are dying this year. Andy Griffith, Dick Clark, Don Cornelius, among others, now George Jefferson.
    I know. someone said on the Chad Everett thread that if this keeps up, the tributes at the Oscars (and Emmys) are going to take forever!

I've shed more tears this year over celebs who died that I never met but were a huge part of my childhood.

I love Sherman Hemsley on the show "Amen", too. He was hilarious!

RIP, Sherman!

Gold Member

RIP Sherman

I loved The Jeffersons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Everybody loved George and Weezy. They had fantastic chemistry and real comic timing.

( A tiny fyi to friends) - I'm getting scared with all the 70's classic tv people going....somebody had better find me and bring oxygen with you when Mary goes. I can't even think about it.
    Well..... I don't remember when exactly Betty White had her 90th b-day celebration, but at that event Dick van Dyke said that Mary was doing quite poorly. She was at the event, but they didn't show her walking, just standing when she had to do her bit. I think she is legally blind now due to her diabetes.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

There is an All in the family marathon on now as a tribute to Sherman Hemsley. Wow Lionel was quite the hotty. I'd forgotten.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I thought he was older too. Damn he was a funny ass mo-fo. No one else could have played George so beautifully on All in the Family. That kiss he gave Archie is one of the all time best TV moments.

I thought that was Sammy Davis Jr that did that?

Gold Member

EL PASO, Texas - The body of television icon Sherman Hemsley lies in a locked cooler at an East El Paso funeral home more than a month after his death.
    "It is disgraceful," Flora Enchinton said. "It is sad. This was a man with dignity."
    Enchinton said she has known Hemsley for 20 years and lived with him for more than a decade in El Paso. She said she was Hemsley’s manager as well as his partner and best friend.
    A will signed by Hemsley in June 2012 lists Enchinton as the executrix of his estate, as well as the sole heir to all of his holdings. Hemsley also called her his "beloved partner" in the will.
    A Philadelphia man who claims to be the brother of Hemsley is contesting the will. Richard Thornton’s contest of Hemsley’s will has halted his burial and memorial services.
    An El Paso probate court has ordered that Hemsley's body stay locked in a freezer at the San Jose Funeral Home. Thornton is requesting all of Hemsley’s possessions as well as his frozen body.
    "I have never heard of anyone with the name of Richard Thornton in the 20 years I have known Sherman," Enchinton said. "This is not what Sherman would have wanted."
    Calls by ABC-7 to the listed number for Thornton in Philadelphia went unanswered. No biographical information exists stating that Hemsley had a brother and he has always been listed as an only child.
    “Sherman left very worried about me, about me staying alone, what was going to happen me being alone if he was gone. That's what worried him the most. I guess maybe he sensed what was going to happen. It just gives me these emotions and feelings (that) all of a sudden there's these people that have never known anything about our life, about who we are, about what we're all about, about what we endured,” Enchinton said about the validity of her role in Hemsley’s life being questioned.
    Hemsley was diagnosed with a large mass on his right lung in May and died on July 24 in his East El Paso home.

Body of actor Sherman Hemsley stored in funeral home cooler, not buried, weeks after his death | News - Home

Friends of Sherman Hemsley in El Paso say they have been unable to have a funeral for the beloved actor and his body remains stored in the freezer of an East El Paso funeral home as his will is contested.
    Hemsley's estate was left to Flora Isela Enchinton, 56, after he died on July 24 of lung cancer.
    Local television station, KVIA-Channel 7, first reported the story Tuesday.
    Enchinton and Hemsley were best friends and business partners, she said. In the hospital, Hemsley told doctors that she was his next of kin, she said.
    However, a man named Richard Thornton is challenging the will claiming he is the Hemsley's brother and rightful next-of-kin.
    Because the challenge must be settled in El Paso County's Probate Court No. 1, Hemsley's body has not been buried and instead has been kept at a local funeral home.
    "Realistically, I've really been very surprised," Enchinton said. "You don't know what this world is about until something like this happens."
    Enchinton said that she and Hemsley lived together, along with 72-year-old Kenny Johnston, for 16 years.
    Johnston was Hemsley's business partner and together they were going to manage Enchinton's daughter, who was a singer. Over time Enchinton joined the two men as a business partner and helped manage Hemsley.
    Hemsley and Johnston moved to El Paso and shared a house with Enchinton. After Johnston suffered a stroke, Enchinton and Hemsley were his caretakers.
    "I was not only his manager, he was my best friend," Enchinton said. "This was someone close to me. He was a large part of my life."
    Enchinton said the dispute over his estate has been stressful and made the grieving period tougher that she ever anticipated.
    "The most important thing for me is to do what is right for Sherman," she said. "To give him his dignity and respect that he deserves. This is something embarrassing for his name right now."

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdate...stored-el-paso

Isn't this the answer to a blind item about an actor and his girlfriend taking care of the actor's boyfriend?

"I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

^^You can say that again!!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    ^^You can say that again!!
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Damn, just like they kept James Brown on ice forever.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter jones View Post

isn't this the answer to a blind item about an actor and his girlfriend taking care of the actor's boyfriend?
    hmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

fgg

Texas Judge Orders DNA Tests in Sherman Hemsley Death

El Paso, Texas (AP) -- A Texas judge has ordered DNA testing on a man who claims to be the brother of the late "The Jeffersons" star Sherman Hemsley.

Richard Thornton is challenging the validity of Hemsley's will, which names the actor's longtime manager, Flora Enchinton of El Paso, as the sole beneficiary. Hemsley died of lung cancer July 24.

Judge Patricia Chew on Monday rescheduled the El Paso trial on Hemsley's estate to begin Oct. 31.

Thornton, of Philadelphia, sought the DNA testing and must provide results by Oct. 15. Hemsley was born in Philadelphia but had lived in El Paso for the past 20 years.

Court documents indicate Hemsley's estate is worth more than $50,000.

Texas Judge Orders DNA Tests in Sherman Hemsley Death | Story | Wonderwall

$50k? that's it?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

No, I'm sure he's worth more. That's just the legal threshold to have the case tried in a higher court.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

They had a nice service for him in Philly last week, without the body.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

fgg

thanks, greys. i wasn't sure why they wrote it that way.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information