Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Sharon Osbourne "insane" to leave babies alone - Kate Gerry McCann "upset" (shame)

Elite Member

And lips.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

What the heck is a latchkey kid?

I remember being allowed to ride my bike all over town and walk to and from school from about age 8, but mum was always a stay at home mum until I was about 15.

My middle child just turned 4 and I can't picture leaving her alone anywhere, for any reason. She can't even reach the taps to get a glass of water, hell she's only JUST tall enough to reach the doorhandles for the internal doors of the house. How on earth would she be able to fend of strange people trying to abduct her?
    Deutsche and Janus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by a31cefiro View Post
    What the heck is a latchkey kid?
    It's a kid who lets themselves in the house after school and takes care of themselves until their parents get home from work.

I was a "latchkey" kid. I let myself in, locked the door, got a snack, watched tv and did my homework. I started staying home alone when I was around 10 or so. Other than doing something stupid once or twice I was fine. Plenty of us were latchkey kids in the 90's- like every kid in my neighborhood.

Only a crazy person would leave a 4 year old alone. There is no way in hell I'd leave my kids alone. They'd probably burn the house down.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

If I recall, they had twins in the same room, even younger than 4.

I also know a couple who find it normal to leave their kids alone in their huge house (overnights !). No, they actually would brag about and how proud they were that they have everything under control with certain Apps and babyphones. And their kids are awful handfuls (kicking other kids in school, throwing stones, spoiled brats with violent tendicies). I am surprised that nothing has happened so far.
    Janus likes this.
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    It's a kid who lets themselves in the house after school and takes care of themselves until their parents get home from work.
    We just dropped our stuff off at the house and ran around in the woods until mom got home and called us for dinner. Now, we did have a stay-at-home-mom up the street that we could grab if we needed anything (her kids were out in the woods with us too) but in the 80's it really wasn't that big a deal. And I think I was 10 before that was allowed. Heck, I was babysitting other people's kids at 11 - my friends with 11 year olds still won't leave them unsupervised now. I'm not saying one way is better or worse, but it's fascinating to see how times have changed so much so quickly.

I was 12 yo at a craft fair with my mother when a lady came to our booth and asked us if we lived locally. We lived right around the corner so she wanted me to babysit her 6 mo that night. We were like wtf? Who would do that? Well I did because who would she get if I said no. It turned into a regular job that my bff and I would share. Weird though.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche View Post
    that's the creepiest thing I have seen in awhile,

Deflect deflect deflect.

Except:-

“Gerry McCann was convicted for child sex abuses in 2002, althought the evidence has been hacked and emptied from the case file by someone who has access to the National Sex Offenders Register, though the CEOP mainframe connected to every police station crime files in the UK, the reference for this conviction still exists in the judiscial reference files and confirms that Gerald P McCann was placed on the Child Sex Offenders Register following conviction in court, and is still on that register today! .”

^ It's very odd. And also all the texts that were deleted that day. Very strange.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

It looks like the CAT 19309 issue has been addressed on multiple sites. Here is one explanation (source and additional source):

One of the many myths put about by internet conspiracy theorists is that the CAT 19309 file found in the background checks of the mccanns means there was some sort of abuse allegation or investigation. This is untrue, and there is no reason for anyone who read the background checks to think CAT 19309 was suspicious as it is explained in the very same paragraph CAT 19309 existence is revealed.

Operation task was the operation set up by Leicestershire police to deal with the UK arm of the Madeleine McCann investigation back in 2007. To complement operation task a Case Administration and Tracking system file was set up called CAT 19309 . CAT 19309 was set up' according to the background checks report, in case any investigation by that department was needed, however as none was CAT 19309 remained empty. CAT 19309 was not emptied, CAT 19309 was always empty as nothing was ever put in it.

Online conspirascy theorists have claimed that despite the police confirming no work was ever done for CAT 19309 and that the McCanns were not known to the police or social services, that there was something in CAT 19309 and as part of some conspiracy it was removed. However they have provided no evidence for this, and I can't find any evidence of it. This conspiracy has major flaws.

Firstly the CAT system is fully audited so that an electronic paper trail is left so it can be seen if the file has been accessed, by whom and when and if anything was added or removed. So there would be a record of anything being removed.

Secondly, for something to be removed it means the local police were in on it either because they removed something or kept quiet about something being removed. There is no evidence or possible motive for this.

Except it was created in 2002 FIVE years before the McCanns killed modeling, I mean went missing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information