Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Shamed pastor Carl Lentz was a ‘womanizer’ at private Super Bowl party

^ normally it's not. But I was with a guy once, I have no idea wth his beard was made of. Really! Like steal wool. I had a really bad rash from my chin to my nose when we made out once. Wasn't worth it, I decided
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    -

fgg

Woman Claims She and Ex Hillsong Pastor Carl Lentz Had Affair During Coronavirus Pandemic

Carl Lentz was fired from Hillsong earlier this month and has admitted to being "unfaithful" to his wife

Two weeks after Carl Lentz was fired from Hillsong Church, a woman is coming forward, claiming to be his mistress.

Ranin Karim, 34, said in an interview with Vanity Fair published on Tuesday that she and Lentz, 42, had a months-long affair earlier this year, leading up to the megachurch pastor's wife Laura discovering his infidelity in late October. While Lentz has previously admitted to being unfaithful to his wife, he has not identified the person with whom he had been unfaithful.

Karim reportedly told the magazine that Lentz told her he was married shortly after they met, roughly five months ago, and that she tried to break up with him multiple times, but he kept pursuing her. It's unclear how Karim and Lentz first met during the ongoing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

"I know what I got myself into, but at the same time I wanted to do the right thing and walk, walk away," said Karim, a jewelry designer from Palestine. "I am not a monster."

Lentz came to her house on October 26, she said, to tell her that Laura had found out about their relationship.

"My life is over. I don’t know what’s going to happen. If my wife is going to forgive me," he allegedly told her, according to Karim, who claims Lentz also told her that he planned on resigning from his position at Hillsong East Coast.

Karim told Vanity Fair that she wishes she had never met Lentz — and told him so.

"I really wish I never met him," she said. "I told him that many times because it was just, just like, what’s the point?"

Lentz's termination from Hillsong was announced on November 4 by founder and senior pastor Brian Houston, who said the firing came after "ongoing discussions in relation to leadership issues and breaches of trust, plus a recent revelation of moral failures."

The following day, Lentz shared his own statement on Instagram, admitting he had been "unfaithful in my marriage."

"This failure is on me, and me alone and I take full responsibility for my actions," he wrote in a lengthy post, adding that he was embarking on a "journey of rebuilding trust" with his wife and children and to "heal my own life and seek out the help that I need."

Karim said that she did not intend to share her affair with Lentz publicly until the Instagram post.

"I was hurt, yeah," she told Vanity Fair. "I wanted to speak my part."

Karim shared alleged texts from Lentz with the magazine, which included messages calling her a "unicorn alien woman, whom I’m forever glad I met!"

"You are spectacular. Your visible beauty is not really close to how special, how beautiful your soul is..." Lentz reportedly wrote in one text.

In another, he told Karim that he had left Hillsong, allegedly writing, "I have stepped down/been fired from the Church I gave my whole life to and it’s agonizing but I have to own that… I have and will only have nothing but love for you."

A representative for Lentz did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment Tuesday.

Lentz is known for running in celebrity circles and notably baptized Justin Bieber years ago, according to a GQ profile published in 2015. He has been a pastor at the New York location of Hillsong since 2010 and previously attended Hillsong College, the church's training program, which is where he met his wife Laura.

On Friday, the church said in a statement that after hearing "from a number of people about their experiences and concerns" after Lentz's termination, an "in-depth review and investigation into all concerns and any wider cultural issues" was being launched. The investigation is being conducted by "a New York based legal firm that is not associated or affiliated with Hillsong."

A representative for Hillsong did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request Tuesday regarding Karim's claims.

https://people.com/human-interest/wo...tz-had-affair/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg

Disgraced Hillsong pastor Carl Lentz might get payoff despite ‘multiple affairs’

Disgraced megachurch pastor Carl Lentz had multiple affairs – but is still getting a payoff, Hillsong church founder Brian Houston claimed in a bombshell secret recording.

The former head of the megachurch’s New York branch and onetime personal pastor and confidante of Justin Bieber was fired last month, then admitted he cheated on his wife.

New York City-based designer Ranin Karim, 34, alleged to The Post that she had a months-long relationship with the married pastor and father-of-three which started last summer, claiming he was “like a drug” to her.

But in a leaked audio recording of a meeting of church executives and top donors held around November 19, Australian Hillsong founder Houston revealed alleged that Lentz, 42, had “more than one affair.”

“A staff member found a very compromising chain of text messages on Carl’s laptop …[we] drove right across town to talk to Carl and confront him and that was the beginning of the process we are at now.

“When we talk about an affair. These issues were more than one affair, they were significant. And at least some bad moral behavior had gone back historically, but not necessarily those affairs,” Houston said in the recording obtained by Page Six.

“If it was just about a moral failure perhaps it would have been possible to … work our way through it and have a period of restoration … But the nature of where my relationship was with Carl already … and then [to] add the significant nature of the moral issues meant that I believed and our global board believed [the only option] was to terminate Carl.”

Houston said that there had been problems with Lentz ahead of the affair revelations. “He was a difficult man to have any kind of direct conversation with because it was always defensive, it would always be put back on the other person, as though they were the ones with the problem.

“They were not easy meetings and I already at the point at the end of summer that I felt like Carl and Laura’s time in New York was coming to an end … not just general narcissistic behavior, manipulating, mistreating people … I think sometimes other hurtful things, the breaches of trust connected to lying, constantly lying … basically, broken trust.”

He said the church had hired a New York law firm as an independent investigator to probe Lentz’s leadership.

But Lentz may still receive a golden parachute despite his alleged behavior.

“We’re working on a severance package which we’re negotiating with them on,” George Aghajanian, a Hillsong director, said on the audio, adding, “They haven’t accepted that at this point in time.”

Lentz, 42, was close with Justin Bieber and his wife Hailey Baldwin. He had previously spent a lot of close time with Bieber, baptized him in a bathtub and lived with him for a period of time as his personal spiritual advisor.

Bieber reportedly ended his relationship with Lentz last year, before this scandal broke. Bieber and Baldwin have since unfollowed Lentz on Instagram.

Lentz and wife Laura — who was not fired from the church but quit after her husband was fired, met at Hillsong’s training academy in Sydney and moved to New York in 2010.

The couple, who married in 2003 and have three children, sold their Montclair, New Jersey home and moved to Los Angeles around the time the pastor’s infidelity emerged to “work on their marriage.”

More than 100,000 people globally attend weekly services at Hillsong in about 20 countries, including more than 10,000 at numerous locations in the US.

https://pagesix.com/2020/12/03/fired...ting-a-payoff/

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    i didn't like bearded men until i fell in love with one. i thought it was going to be itchy (and i have very sensitive skin) but is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    ^ normally it's not. But I was with a guy once, I have no idea wth his beard was made of. Really! Like steal wool. I had a really bad rash from my chin to my nose when we made out once. Wasn't worth it, I decided
    My facial hair is like porcupine needles. This past week, I leaned down to kiss our daughter on the top of her head, and she goes "Ow!". I was like, "What did I do???" She said, "You poked the top of my head with your facial hair!"

I've about had it with this Movember facial hair. The problem is that I can't find my razor attachment that lets me trim all this stuff off quickly.
    palta and funky_chicken like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    My facial hair is like porcupine needles. This past week, I leaned down to kiss our daughter on the top of her head, and she goes "Ow!". I was like, "What did I do???" She said, "You poked the top of my head with your facial hair!"

I've about had it with this Movember facial hair. The problem is that I can't find my razor attachment that lets me trim all this stuff off quickly.
    It does hurt. I’ve said the same thing to my husband, and he says “I just shaved yesterday”. Our little boy also says that it hurts. The hair even pokes through my clothes when he puts his head on my leg or shoulder.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I managed to find my trimmer - it was in the bathroom that I am currently laboriously scrapping wallpaper glue from. I trimmed down to a mustache and goatee, which felt great. And Mrs Mo says she loves it, so I don't know when the hell I'm going to be able to shave the rest of this off.
    Lofty Bike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    It does hurt. I’ve said the same thing to my husband, and he says “I just shaved yesterday”. Our little boy also says that it hurts. The hair even pokes through my clothes when he puts his head on my leg or shoulder.
    How did your little boy get old enough to talk?!?!?! You just had him like, I don't know, a few months ago??!?!??

I know that's not true, of course, when I think about it, but it just flew by and he was still a newborn in my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    How did your little boy get old enough to talk?!?!?! You just had him like, I don't know, a few months ago??!?!??

I know that's not true, of course, when I think about it, but it just flew by and he was still a newborn in my brain.
    Times flies for sure. He‘ll be 5 next month. He has two mother languages, English and German. If you’re in the Facebook group, I’ll share pictures of him.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

LOL my cat also hates it!

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Disgraced Hillsong pastor Carl Lentz might get payoff despite ‘multiple affairs’

Disgraced megachurch pastor Carl Lentz had multiple affairs – but is still getting a payoff, Hillsong church founder Brian Houston claimed in a bombshell secret recording.

The former head of the megachurch’s New York branch and onetime personal pastor and confidante of Justin Bieber was fired last month, then admitted he cheated on his wife.

New York City-based designer Ranin Karim, 34, alleged to The Post that she had a months-long relationship with the married pastor and father-of-three which started last summer, claiming he was “like a drug” to her.

But in a leaked audio recording of a meeting of church executives and top donors held around November 19, Australian Hillsong founder Houston revealed alleged that Lentz, 42, had “more than one affair.”

“A staff member found a very compromising chain of text messages on Carl’s laptop …[we] drove right across town to talk to Carl and confront him and that was the beginning of the process we are at now.

“When we talk about an affair. These issues were more than one affair, they were significant. And at least some bad moral behavior had gone back historically, but not necessarily those affairs,” Houston said in the recording obtained by Page Six.

“If it was just about a moral failure perhaps it would have been possible to … work our way through it and have a period of restoration … But the nature of where my relationship was with Carl already … and then [to] add the significant nature of the moral issues meant that I believed and our global board believed [the only option] was to terminate Carl.”

Houston said that there had been problems with Lentz ahead of the affair revelations. “He was a difficult man to have any kind of direct conversation with because it was always defensive, it would always be put back on the other person, as though they were the ones with the problem.

“They were not easy meetings and I already at the point at the end of summer that I felt like Carl and Laura’s time in New York was coming to an end … not just general narcissistic behavior, manipulating, mistreating people … I think sometimes other hurtful things, the breaches of trust connected to lying, constantly lying … basically, broken trust.”

He said the church had hired a New York law firm as an independent investigator to probe Lentz’s leadership.

But Lentz may still receive a golden parachute despite his alleged behavior.

“We’re working on a severance package which we’re negotiating with them on,” George Aghajanian, a Hillsong director, said on the audio, adding, “They haven’t accepted that at this point in time.”

Lentz, 42, was close with Justin Bieber and his wife Hailey Baldwin. He had previously spent a lot of close time with Bieber, baptized him in a bathtub and lived with him for a period of time as his personal spiritual advisor.

Bieber reportedly ended his relationship with Lentz last year, before this scandal broke. Bieber and Baldwin have since unfollowed Lentz on Instagram.

Lentz and wife Laura — who was not fired from the church but quit after her husband was fired, met at Hillsong’s training academy in Sydney and moved to New York in 2010.

The couple, who married in 2003 and have three children, sold their Montclair, New Jersey home and moved to Los Angeles around the time the pastor’s infidelity emerged to “work on their marriage.”

More than 100,000 people globally attend weekly services at Hillsong in about 20 countries, including more than 10,000 at numerous locations in the US.

https://pagesix.com/2020/12/03/fired...ting-a-payoff/
    So.... “They were not easy meetings and I already at the point at the end of summer that I felt like Carl and Laura’s time in New York was coming to an end … not just general narcissistic behavior, manipulating, mistreating people … I think sometimes other hurtful things, the breaches of trust connected to lying, constantly lying … basically, broken trust.”
    This wasn't enough????
    mostroop likes this.

fgg

Hillsong Church rife with ‘inappropriate’ sex, members claimed

Hillsong staffers used the church like a seedy dating service, “sleeping around” with volunteers and asking them to send nude pictures — according to a group of volunteers who allegedly complained about the situation.

The whistleblowers also claimed the organization — which has been rocked by recent revelations that its former leader, Carl Lentz, had multiple tawdry affairs — was “a breeding ground for unchecked abuse.”

Page Six is told that in 2018 a group of former “high-level” volunteers — and one who was still a volunteer at the time — sent a letter to the trendy ministry’s leaders warning of “verified, widely circulated stories of inappropriate sexual behavior amongst staff/interns.”

We’re told that one person employed by the church was asked to step down after it was revealed that, as the letter put it, he had “multiple inappropriate sexual relationships with several female leaders and volunteers and was verbally, emotionally, and according to one woman, physically abusive in his relationships with these women.”

The group claimed that another church member even caught the same employee “having sex” with a church leader.

Meanwhile, the letter accused another male staffer of “not respecting physical and sexual boundaries within dating relationships with female church volunteers,” including having “sex with a 19-20-year-old female team member.”

The group claimed in the letter that there are only “vague or absent sexual harassment/sexual assault” policies at the church, and that the organization fosters a “culture of silence and fear.”

The group added, “This environment is dangerous and a breeding ground for unchecked abuse.”

The letter also claimed that the church’s volunteers feared verbal abuse and “harsh words, belittlement, name-calling from certain pastors and staff.”

It accused one pastor of “losing his temper, bullying, yelling and outright screaming at other volunteers and leaders.” When someone spoke to staff about the pastor, they were told, “that’s just how they are — it’s their personality/culture.”

We’re told the letter was sent to seven of the top leaders in the US branch of the church, including Lentz. It’s unclear how the church responded to the letter or the allegations made in it.

Lentz — who founded the American wing of the superchurch, which began in Australia — was fired in November after it was revealed that he had cheated on his wife this year.

In was subsequently revealed that he’d had a number of other affairs.

Hillsong has counted Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Chris Pratt and Kourtney Kardashian among its congregation, among many other celebrities.

https://pagesix.com/2020/12/17/hills...mbers-claimed/

I am totally unsurprised the most narscistic & emotionally abusive man I ever dated (& lets face it I have quite the track record of picking shitty men!!!) was the big Christian guy, really really "holier-than-thou", was a teacher that left his wife with a toddler & baby for one of his pupils. Lied to the investigating authorities about it, lied to me, Lied to fucking everyone.
    He was THE biggest piece of shit that I have ever encountered. If screwing his pupil wasn't enough when she left him he moved in with his "best friend" and encouraged his wife to have a 5 year affair with him - while living in their house!
    No I certainly didn't know any of this when we started dating but he was as squirraly as a bag of rodents & learnt the signs.

Any way.....

Hillsong Is Reportedly Losing Selena Gomez, Prominent Member of Its Flock
    The singer is rumored to be distancing herself from her old church.

By Kenzie Bryant

Seems like the big question for a pastor might be, How is the flock? Is the flock alright? Is it all together or has anyone strayed from the flock and gotten lost across the road to the next hill in the next town? At the embattled Hillsong, the flock seems to be dispersing. Or at least one big sheep has reportedly dispersed: Selena Gomez.

Hillsong, the evangelical church that courted celebrities with its welcoming message aimed at the young and incredibly wealthy, underwent a P.R. disaster over the past several weeks. The church unceremoniously dropped Carl Lentz, its most recognizable pastor, under murky circumstances that at least includes one act of infidelity. He apologized on Instagram for cheating on his wife and, as of last week, was reportedly being treated for “pastoral burnout.”

But with one pastor down, the flock is rumored to be following him out the door. “At one stage [Gomez] adored Carl,” a source told the Australian Daily Telegraph. “She, [Hillsong cofounder] Brian [Houston], his daughter Laura, and Justin [Bieber] were a team, really close. Now she doesn’t want anything to do with Hillsong anymore.”

Gomez is indicative of the type of celebrity that found refuge in Hillsong—a part of the pop pack in Hollywood who have had incredible wealth since an early age. She and her peers were welcomed into a church that helped them navigate the mental pitfalls of fame and fortune. Her ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber has long been one of the church’s biggest associated celebrity names, though he and his wife Hailey Bieber reportedly unfollowed Lentz on Instagram last month. But the flock is not all lost. The Sun reported earlier this month that Tyler Perry covered six months of Lentz’s $16,000-per-month Manhattan Beach rent. Perhaps that’s a different kind of tithing.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/202...mez-carl-lentz
    fgg likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

fgg

Carl Lentz reportedly ‘caught having sex with young celebrity’ by dog walker

Carl Lentz’s family dog walker claims he heard the disgraced Hillsong pastor having sex with “a young celebrity” long before he was fired from the organization for “moral failings” — aka cheating on his wife.

Lee Martin claims the incident took place in November 2014. Lentz married wife Laura in 2003.

“They lived in a building in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, where I had the majority of my dog walking business,” he told The Sun. “I walked into the house one day to walk their dog and I didn’t see or hear any people in the apartment at first. So I took it that no one was there and went in and got their dog on a leash.”

“And as I went to exit the apartment, I walked past the bedroom and I heard sex noises — it definitely sounded like two people were having sex,” he claimed.

Lee was “kind of shocked” in the moment and headed out, but not before mistakenly shutting the door just a hint too loudly.

“When I walked out of the door, I accidentally let the door close behind me too loud. And so by the time I made it to the elevator, Carl and the star were right behind me. He didn’t look me in the eye, and didn’t talk to me or acknowledge me, which was very unlike him.”

He added, “They both seemed kind of flushed — like they had been having sex. I didn’t see into the bedroom but I know what I heard and I believe what I heard was Carl and the celebrity having sex with each other.”

The Sun chose to withhold the identity of the “young celebrity” with whom Lentz was allegedly intimate. Martin also claimed there’s a significant age difference between the two.

Lentz’s “multiple affairs” have reportedly been known to his congregation for years.

https://pagesix.com/2020/12/19/carl-...ung-celebrity/

Please let it be beiber please let it be beiber.....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

This is him??? He kind of looks like what you would get if Keanu Reeves had played that Gary Oldman character, Zorg, in "The Fifth Element".

He sorta reminds me of one of my favorite TV chefs, Dave Sargent. But Dave is not a douchebag.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information