Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Is Shailene Woodley’s ‘offensive smell’ upsetting her stylist & designers?

also, i just noticed the bulge in redford's pants.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have a 'friend' who only does oils and whatnot and she smells mostly of herbs during the cool seasons, which is fine, whatever.

In the midst of a hot Georgia summer, though...
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Disgusting. Also extremely self centered. Like the rest of the people forced to come in contact with you do not count.
    Beeyotch and levitt like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I ran out of antiperspirant/deodorant a couple of months ago, and the only store on the way home was a Trader Joe's. In despearation, I bought their aluminum-free, unscented antiperspirant (although it still said "cotton" on the label). Anyway, it was the most ineffective deodorant I've bought in about the last 30 years. I forgot it was possible for me to smell that bad. So, if someone at work smells, they're either a nouveau hippie or Trader Joe's customer (just kidding).

So, if it was an unscented antiperspirant, technically, it was not a deodorant, right? It would help you not sweat, but not help any odor?

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    So, if it was an unscented antiperspirant, technically, it was not a deodorant, right? It would help you not sweat, but not help any odor?
    That's a good question. Because perspiration or sweat is usually the catalyst for body odor in the first place, I expected its antiperspirant qualities keep me from smelling all day.

One thing that I've tried in despearation when I'm out of antiperspirant that has really worked is rubbing alcohol. Once again, it works by killing odor-causing bacteria.

Mohandas. There is no excuse for EVER running out of deodorant. Never,ever.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Mohandas. There is no excuse for EVER running out of deodorant. Never,ever.
    You can't see when some of those solid-stick antiperspirants are about to run out. It will literally pop right out of the holder with a quarter twist, and that's when you know you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    You can't see when some of those solid-stick antiperspirants are about to run out. It will literally pop right out of the holder with a quarter twist, and that's when you know you're done.
    And THAT is why you always keep a back up ready to go. Always.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.

I'm not big into deodorant, but I very seldom perspire. In the summer I use it everyday, during spring, fall and winter, bot so much. I also have practically not leg or underarm hair. I shower daily and always watch my pits. I have asked my girls if I ever smell, because they would be honest, they have said "no". Lucky me.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

^^My mom has no leg hair, underarm hair, and very little arm hair. She says she's always been like that, I kinda wish I had inherited that trait from her. Now that you mention it, I don't recall her ever smelling either.

I myself don't sweat much even in the heat of summer, but I do feel I smell a bit, though if I ask my husband, he says no.

God, I'm a sweaty mess pretty much all year round if I, you know, move. At the gym today I looked at myself in the mirror before I walked home and I looked like I was melting. I'm surprised my eyes didn't just slide off my face.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

A*O

I'm a lucky lo-sweat person too but I still use precautionary deodorant every day. A crusty yurt dweller I know who eschews soap and water (they cause global warming apparently) uses that shitty patchouli oil. The Smell Of The 70s. It makes me gag.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^Ewww, patchouli smells gross even on clean people. On a sweaty person, it's probably enough to clear a room.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Ick! Patchouli always smells like wet dogs to me and gives me flashbacks to my student days when there was a guy who must have doused himself in the stuff every day. Between that and Lynx bodyspray (especially that cursed Africa one) I'm surprised I still have a sense of smell.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i saw it ages ago and had vague memories of that house but i googled and you're totally right. the exterior is actually pretty similar too.

Hey Sput - you have a pretty hairy arm there.
    sputnik, czb and I'mNotBitter like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information