Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Scumbag Joe Giudice's Deportation Appeal Denied By ICE as Final Decision Still Looms

My paternal grandma lived in Freehold NJ with her second husband. Their house was torn down years ago, but I remember it well. In close proximity to Six Flags/GA, which I loved.
    Nevan, Novice and witchcurlgirl like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I am guessing that being a brow-artiste in NJ is good money...??!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    We definitely like our big brows, big hair and makeup in NJ, but I don't know any place that could make big money just doing eyebrows. All around me are places that do it as kind of an ala cart service when you're getting your hair done or manis and pedis or even spas. That goes for all waxing.
    I go here since I moved to Monmouth County, it's right down the street from The Grove. They pretty much only do waxing. No hair/nails. The staff definitely does well financially. The place is always busy. I highly recommend them if anyone in the area is looking for brow services:

https://archbrowbar.com/
    Novice and Nevan like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I worked at Great Adventure (it is never called Six Flags, lol) for two summers in a row and it was two of the best summers of my life!! Made SO many friends and it was the beginning of me having a taste of freedom and independence. Freehold is very near Howell, where my aunt has the horse stables.

Novice, I know exactly what you're talking about when a fair person has almost blonde eyelashes. It's almost like they don't have any eyelashes at all because they just blend right into the skin. My eyelashes are dark, but I had a couple girlfriends in high school that had the pale eyelashes. I would just be so scared to put dye near my eyeballs. There's this AWESOME new magnetic eyeliner out (not those crappy magnetic semi-lashes they've put out for the last few years .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfu3zEcNouA ) and I'm still trying to research if magnets are okay for eyes!! I'm dying to try it though. I think it would definitely help someone with pale eyelashes do something not so permanent. I do wear only brown eyeliner and mascara because again, with my coloring, the normal black looks so harsh on me. That magnetic eyeliner (and the lashes) only come in black!
    BITTER likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I go here since I moved to Monmouth County, it's right down the street from The Grove. They pretty much only do waxing. No hair/nails. The staff definitely does well financially. The place is always busy. I highly recommend them if anyone in the area is looking for brow services:

https://archbrowbar.com/
    You're only one county away from where I live! I could definitely see more well to do towns having dedicated waxing places. We don't get that kind of stuff where I live. Hell, we're all excited because we're getting our first Trader Joe's about 25 minutes away!!!
    witchcurlgirl and dksnj like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Oooh! Love Trader Joes. And Wegmans - Wegmans may be one of my favorite things about living here lol.
    Nevan likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

czb

wegmans is da bomb.

hate shop rite. *hides*

I hate South Jersey!!

There is definitely a Central Jersey and itís very different than North or South are.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I love Shop Rite in NJ. The one usually go to is in Monmouth/West Long Branch. We have a Wegman's about 2 miles from our house in MD, but it is such a pain to drive into it's like Jaime Lannister trying to breach Edmure Tully's castle. And even looks a little like it.

Geographically I'm definitely in Central Jersey. Not being a native I don't get the whole only North or South thing beyond Giants vs. Eagles lol. It must be like NY'ers with the endless Sauce vs. Gravy argument

NO CENTRAL JERSEY!! Lifelong South Jersey resident!! Lol!

There was a Wegman's in Barnegat (about 20-30 minutes south of me) years and years ago but it went out of business! We really only have ShopRites and Stop and Shops here. I believe there may be one Foodtown left, but I haven't been there in years. So we're definitely looking forward to Trader Joe's opening up in Brick.
    Novice likes this.

NO CENTRAL JERSEY!! Lifelong South Jersey resident!! Lol!
    Where's the line? Does the South start at Ocean County? I am a clueless Benny (or am I a shoobie?....even that gets arguments going in Jersey )
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Where's the line? Does the South start at Ocean County? I am a clueless Benny (or am I a shoobie?....even that gets arguments going in Jersey )
    Ask several native New Jerseyans and you'll get a different answer each time. Which is why there is no Central Jersey!! I have always lived at the Jersey Shore and we call tourists Bennys (and I get that it probably should be BennIEs, but that gets an argument too if it's ever brought up ... it's Bennys). But if you're a transplant and live here year round, you're now a New Jerseyan, not a benny. If you lived here only during the summers, you're considered a snowbird. Unless your summer house is literally on the ocean, then you're still a Benny.

We are a tiny state ... why do we need THREE sections?? https://nj1015.com/where-is-new-jerseys-dividing-line/

Just to flip it up even more, it used to be divided into West Jersey and East Jersey!!
    Novice and witchcurlgirl like this.

This is *so* confusing!!!
    witchcurlgirl and Nevan like this.

I wish I could have big Instagram eyebrows (well, some of them) but I was a teenager in the late 90s and WE PLUCKED THEM TO HELL back then. Now I have to draw on the damned tails. I mean, mine aren't as bad as others I've seen, but I definitely run a tinted brow gel through at the very least if I'm going somewhere. If I'm being lazy, I have sunglasses that cover up even my brow area (which, who am I kidding, is like 95% of the time).

It's hard for me to feel even remotely related to this shit show because this is not MY New Jersey. These people that live in very North Jersey with the New York accents are just not around here. Unless they're Bennys.
    Agreed - I live on the Jersey Shore but in no way can relate to the show Jersey Shore or the people who watch it. I went through my big hair phase in the early 90's when I was in my 20's.
    Nevan likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ok - i must add in here. this is not ALL of NJ or even north NJ. when i think of north NJ, i think of the finance people who live in rumson and way further north. this cro-magnon and her ilk might as well live on staten island. just sayin'.
    I went to Rumson-Fair Haven HS (graduated in '86). That is a whole 'nother breed
    Nevan and czb like this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information