Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Scumbag Joe Giudice's Deportation Appeal Denied By ICE as Final Decision Still Looms

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I am guessing that being a brow-artiste in NJ is good money...??!?
    Well if all the people in New Jersey looked like these RH people, then I'd say it would have to be lucrative.
    Novice, BITTER and Jadestone like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^^^Brow-artistes would need a machete to do their job, then.
    BITTER, Waterslide and Jadestone like this.

We definitely like our big brows, big hair and makeup in NJ, but I don't know any place that could make big money just doing eyebrows. All around me are places that do it as kind of an ala cart service when you're getting your hair done or manis and pedis or even spas. That goes for all waxing.
    czb likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

He can't take Teresa and their changelings with him?
    Waterslide and Jadestone like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    We definitely like our big brows, big hair and makeup in NJ, but I don't know any place that could make big money just doing eyebrows. All around me are places that do it as kind of an ala cart service when you're getting your hair done or manis and pedis or even spas. That goes for all waxing.
    Haha! I’m just teasing my lovely x
    All the men seem to have groomed waxed metrosexual eyebrows so I figured it was good business up there...

I wish I could have big Instagram eyebrows (well, some of them) but I was a teenager in the late 90s and WE PLUCKED THEM TO HELL back then. Now I have to draw on the damned tails. I mean, mine aren't as bad as others I've seen, but I definitely run a tinted brow gel through at the very least if I'm going somewhere. If I'm being lazy, I have sunglasses that cover up even my brow area (which, who am I kidding, is like 95% of the time).

It's hard for me to feel even remotely related to this shit show because this is not MY New Jersey. These people that live in very North Jersey with the New York accents are just not around here. Unless they're Bennys.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

czb

ok - i must add in here. this is not ALL of NJ or even north NJ. when i think of north NJ, i think of the finance people who live in rumson and way further north. this cro-magnon and her ilk might as well live on staten island. just sayin'.
    Nevan and dksnj like this.

We do get a very bad rap.
    czb, HeartShapedBox and dksnj like this.

I love and miss NJ so much. Northern NJ is the best.
    HeartShapedBox and Nevan like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I agree NJ is nice and not everyone is auditioning for the Geico cavemen commercials...but if this guy gets an in with the Real Housewives set...hell, even Teresa's family alone, it would be a pretty nice gig for him.

My eyebrows exist, but are so light. I have to pencil them in or put gel on them. I never plucked mine in the 90s though because there wasn't much to pluck.
    Nevan likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I wish I could have big Instagram eyebrows (well, some of them) but I was a teenager in the late 90s and WE PLUCKED THEM TO HELL back then. Now I have to draw on the damned tails. I mean, mine aren't as bad as others I've seen, but I definitely run a tinted brow gel through at the very least if I'm going somewhere. If I'm being lazy, I have sunglasses that cover up even my brow area (which, who am I kidding, is like 95% of the time).
    Have you tried having them tinted? My very blond psycho ex-best friend did this and it worked really well for her.
    It's hard for me to feel even remotely related to this shit show because this is not MY New Jersey. These people that live in very North Jersey with the New York accents are just not around here. Unless they're Bennys.
    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ok - i must add in here. this is not ALL of NJ or even north NJ. when i think of north NJ, i think of the finance people who live in rumson and way further north. this cro-magnon and her ilk might as well live on staten island. just sayin'.
    Lol! I’m just having fun!
    My ex was Italian-American, dad born in Italy kids born in Brooklyn & they all moved out to the Princeton area once they were successful.
    Nevan and czb like this.

My husband and I were both born and raised in Nutley NJ. I had Martha Stewart's mother as a sixth grade teacher . When I travel and people ask where I'm from I'm almost embarrassed to tell them I'm from NJ because we are stereotyped. We're Italian but we don't "tawk" like the Soprano's. LOL....or look like the Jersey Shore quidos. But we do have the best Italian restaurants ! Most of NJ has become very diverse. We're actually thinking of moving to Windermere FL. because we hate winter.
    Novice, Nevan and BITTER like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    We have a lot of great memories of being up there. I think we will be there before Memorial Day next month.
    Nevan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    South Jersey is the best!! Although I have a lot of family more north of me in Farmingdale. My great aunt owned a 300 acre sod farm there for decades. It used to be lots of farmland but now there are lots of McMansions around. My other great aunt lives in Howell and has a farm with horse stables ... it used to be my great grandparent's house! And NO there is no Central Jersey! That's a myth!! Just bringing it up because when people are discussing South and North Jersey, there's invariably someone that throws Central Jersey in there and there is no Central Jersey and you can't tell me any differently!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Have you tried having them tinted? My very blond psycho ex-best friend did this and it worked really well for her.

Lol! I’m just having fun!
    My ex was Italian-American, dad born in Italy kids born in Brooklyn & they all moved out to the Princeton area once they were successful.
    No, I don't have them tinted. I just use pomade, gel, powder, pencil or any combination of those. I use a darker color than my natural eyebrows (and I make them thicker than they actually are). I'm in the blonde family and very fair, so I'm already starting out with a washed out palette. My roots are always darker than the rest of my hair (I think that's common for blonde and brown haired girls) so I match my eyebrows to my roots and I feel like it doesn't wash me out as much. I like being able to wash it off at night though.
    Novice likes this.

Makes sense Nevan. My ex friend had Dutch heritage so was also very blond with pale skin.
    She was all blah blah blah one time and had her eyelashes tinted and I just looked at her and said “and you don’t have your eyebrows tinted because...?” She looked shellshocked & had it done (a really light taupe) and it worked really well for her.
    Nevan likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information