Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Weiland booted from Velvet Revolver

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I will definitely go see STP! Scott is my favorite junkie... after Layne Staley that is.. although, he didn't fare so well on the drug. RIP Layne!

I love STP and was meh on VR, so I guess it;s good. I hope he can get it together.

I love STP. One of my all time fav songs is
    "Sour Girl". There's a great song on that same
    album where he's talking about his love for
    heroin, and giving it up.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by zorbeet View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that he has relapsed again. He is the energizer bunny of heroin.
    It's amazing that he is still alive.
    ^^It really is, Zorbeet. Weiland's heroin habit seemed/seems to be as all-consuming & bad as his contemporaries Kurt Cobain & Layne Staley, and they are long dead.

Greysfang, Agree with you--I LOVE STP too & am so glad they are re-forming. (If that does indeed happen now that this unfortunate event has occurred.) Agree "Sour Girl" is a great song. You know what else comes to mind--Velvet Revolver's (who i DON'T like, except for this one song) song "Fall to Pieces" which is all about Weiland's desperation over his heroin addiction. That song is filled with so much pain, that listening to it one would think he had had enough of the drug that was destroying his life & had cost him his beloved wife & young kids.--Listening to that song ACTUALLY made me think Weiland FINALLY had it in him to get off the damn drug. Guess not.

And agree with all the people who said it's pretty bad when SLASH is telling you, "Dude, you're doing WAY too many drugs!"....Yup, you've definitely gone off the edge when that happens.

I will definitely go see STP! Scott is my favorite junkie... after Layne Staley that is.. although, he didn't fare so well on the drug. RIP Layne!
    ^^I LOVE Layne Staley too! (Always wondered if he was the inspiration for your user name, Laynes!) I swear to God, it's been almost 6 years (to the day, in like 2 days) & i am STILL not over his death. It was just so sad and...gruesome. Layne's voice was so powerful & haunting, and Alice in Chains' music was the soundtrack that got me thru my horrible awkward young-teenage years. Like you said, RIP Layne.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

I have yet to buy an edgefest ticket, as I just don't think Scotty girl will pull his shit together in time.....or make it through customs.

scotty needs to spend the ret of his days on a deserted desert island where he has absolutely no access to smack
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    scotty needs to spend the ret of his days on a deserted desert island where he has absolutely no access to smack
    ^^It sounds wacky but i've often thought that doing something like that, is the best/sometimes ONLY way to save an addict with an addiction of his caliber. I've often thought, WHY didn't the family of Layne Staley do something like that?? They KNEW he was killing himself with drugs...So why the hell did his mother or whoever not chain him to a radiator or something in her house, until he was through withdrawal & clean??? It sounds crazy, but, it takes extremely desperate measures to keep addicts away from smack, their need/desire for it is so all-powerful. But their LIFE is at stake, as evidenced by the aforementioned Layne DYING a slow horribly painful death over the course of over a decade from his addiction. So, not a bad idea, Grimm!
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I love STP. One of my all time fav songs is
    "Sour Girl". There's a great song on that same
    album where he's talking about his love for
    heroin, and giving it up.

I think you're talking about Atlanta, which is on the Four album, which happens to be my favorite, but pretty much every song on that album is about Heroin.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information