Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Scott Stapp...broke and penniless?

Is it from the Koran?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I don't think so. By the way, Jaclyn Stapp has a sister Julia, who is a former army intelligence officer and current Deputy Assistant Secretary of State. With those names, I doubt the family was muslim at all. I would almost think they might have been a Coptic/Christian sect in a Middle Eastern country before their parents came to the US.

I have no idea what language the tattoo is drawn in ... looks like Arabic/Muslim to me, but I'm certainly no expert. I was only going with the distinctive Arabic looking letters/verses and that the only Arabic influence that seems to be in his life is his estranged wife. That also means that his two younger children are half Arabic and I could see him getting something symbolic tattooed on himself for them. I really know nothing about his current wife, just what's on her wiki page. I don't know if she was religious and therefore "forbade" him to not depict Koranic verses in tattoo form and he just did it anyway, or if she thought it, at the time, touching for their kids to remembered that way. Jaclyn came way after Creed was pretty much done so there isn't much out there, except when she's mentioned in police reports related to her estranged husband's whacko behavior.

ETA: Oops, sorry, I wrote most of this post then had to leave midway to pick up the kid from the bus stop, so I didn't see the most recent posts!!

Scott Stapp Is Trying to Crowdsource $480,000 to Record a Solo Album

The former Creed singer claimed he was broke and homeless last week

Scott Stapp, who just last week claimed to be broke, hungry, and homeless, is now asking other people pull him up by his bootstraps by attempting to crowdsource nearly half a million dollars.

The former Creed singer is asking for $480,000 so he can record a solo album and write his first book. On his Fundly page, Stapp explains that he wants to work with his old producer Howard Benson and engineer Chris Lord-Alge.

At the same time, he promises to write his "first book in the fiction category," though no plot details have been released. "Need 2fund both projects," the embattled musician wrote, forgoing the use of real words when numbers will suffice.

As of Monday morning, Stapp has only raised $522, a wee bit shy of his final fundraising goal, though there's still 119 days left to donate. Perhaps potential donors are concerned about the project's viability: According to documents acquired by TMZ, his soon-to-be ex-wife Jaclyn Stapp said the singer was "doing so much amphetamines, crystal meth, and steroids that he has become a paranoid shell who has threatened to kill himself and his family." She also filed a petition to have Stapp involuntarily committed to a psych ward for 60 days.

But hey, if you really want to read Stapp's debut fiction novel, donate here.

Scott Stapp Is Trying to Crowdsource $480,000 to Record a Solo Album | SPIN | Music News

Why the fuckity fuck is his face concave?

Also, his ring looks like Kate Major's.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

I will donate to a fund that keeps him OUT of the studio. Actually, what do I care, it's not like I'm ever going to listen to his shitty music anyway.
    Mel1973 likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think it's considered offensive to depict Koranic verses on anything outside the Koran. So, I would bet his wife probably told him to not do something like that. However, it seems like a major issue with his marriage is him not listening to common sense advice.
    It is haram in Islamic religion to have a permanent tattoo...
    Due to the way it is translated by different cultures, there is different interpretation of tattoo...
    Having being raised in a Muslim household, I grew up being taught how degrading having a tattoo is...
    Last edited by yoyoma; December 1st, 2014 at 11:28 PM.

is he wearing tinted lipgloss in that photo? and look at his fat stumpy fingers!
    Air Quotes likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Wtf is up with his face in that picture?? It looks all stretched out and really fat and disproportionate at the bottom....
    louiswinthorpe111 and Mrs P like this.

$480,000 seems like a really high price for creating a studio album. Is he also including the downloads he is going to have to personally pay for so that the album achieves certified aluminum status?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Wtf is up with his face in that picture?? It looks all stretched out and really fat and disproportionate at the bottom....
    During Creed's peak, Stapp was dealing with vocal cord issues all the time and was on and off (mostly on) steroids for quite a while. You always knew when he was taking them because his face grew almost twice in size and he looked ridiculous. I swear I remember reading upthread that Jaclyn has accused him of steroid abuse, so that could explain that really weird face he's got going on in that last picture. Could just be general aging as well, but I'll go with the wife and say it's steroids. Again.

This Kickstarter/Crowdsourcing/Etc., for celebrities that have made many millions of dollars over is making me nauseous, and I highly doubt any of those organizations were made for that purpose. I realize you can just NOT donate, but this idiot still has a few idolizers that could get him to that amount. Spend your money more wisely and help a single mother whose husband ran off with all their money give their kids a decent Christmas or something.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    $480,000 seems like a really high price for creating a studio album. Is he also including the downloads he is going to have to personally pay for so that the album achieves certified aluminum status?
    His drug dealer needs to get payed.

"You should've never trusted Hollywood..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    During Creed's peak, Stapp was dealing with vocal cord issues all the time and was on and off (mostly on) steroids for quite a while. You always knew when he was taking them because his face grew almost twice in size and he looked ridiculous. I swear I remember reading upthread that Jaclyn has accused him of steroid abuse, so that could explain that really weird face he's got going on in that last picture. Could just be general aging as well, but I'll go with the wife and say it's steroids. Again.
    Could be that OR he's just ugly.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

lol Quagmire

Never got into that song Wide Open. But I like the song parody of Wide Open about Gary Delabate's teeth.

I tried watching the video with Sapp but it's too boring. His name is Sapp, he was cursed from birth.

^^^ HAHA, it was actually Anthony Scott Stapp (when his stepfather adopted him or some such shit .... ETA: just looked on wiki and his birth last name was Flippen, but I remember it being a big story that his stepfather adopted him at a young age and his stepfather's last name is Stapp) but they soon realized his initials were ASS, so they switched the names around. They switched it to Scott Alan Stapp for whatever reason.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information