Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Scott Stapp...broke and penniless?

Thanks for the video.He doesn't seem like someone high on drugs here, it seems more like a mental illness or breakdown. My brother who had drug addiction and schizophrenia did similar things like this. This will not end well if he doesn't get the proper help.

Lol.In the second vid he announces that he's in front of the boca raton police department. Why don't you just let whoever is representing you to make public statements????????????
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Vid #2 is the funniest video of all.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    Thanks for the video.He doesn't seem like someone high on drugs here, it seems more like a mental illness or breakdown. My brother who had drug addiction and schizophrenia did similar things like this. This will not end well if he doesn't get the proper help.
    the weird behaviour screams drug-induced psychosis to me.

Another "UH" speaker. Inserted after. uh. every. uh. other. uh. word.

I don't know what to think of this really. I guess I am more intrigued with why this tattoo from upthread seems to have islamic text if he's a christian, yet there seems to be a totally different tat in that spot in other photos:

Drive-by poster

I feel a little sorry for him. He obviously is mentally ill, which may be drug induced, I agree. It's also possible the illness contributed to the drug problems, which of course exacerbated his paranoia and delusions.

I wanted to say basically the same thing. It is pretty sad. I had a few Creed albums back in the day, and saw them in concert. Then they seem to fade away, then a decade later everyone says Scott is a douche. I missed the reason why. But I'd guess if he had untreated mental issues, he probably pissed someone off somewhere.

I have had to throw away a few wheels of Brie because I can not do the ammonia taste. I find if I buy one with a far away expiration date, I have much better luck.

A lot of people with mental health issues self-medicate with booze and drugs. It has a numbing effect. Years can pass without help. Once they get sober, however, the issues surface quite intensely, but sobriety gives them a great opportunity to get to the heart of the matter and focus on getting well.
    lindsaywhit, Kittylady and mopar like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by spinmonkey View Post
    Another "UH" speaker. Inserted after. uh. every. uh. other. uh. word.

I don't know what to think of this really. I guess I am more intrigued with why this tattoo from upthread seems to have islamic text if he's a christian, yet there seems to be a totally different tat in that spot in other photos:

I am 99% certain that his wife is Muslim, or was Muslim until she converted after they married. I went on her wiki page (she's a beauty queen, so has her own wiki) to verify, but all it says is that she's an Arab. She was born in the US, so may not have been very religious at all until meeting Stapp. She's relatively pretty in an exotic way, but she also reminds me of Rose Byrne in quite a few of her pictures. I'm guessing that's where the Muslim tattoo came from. Seems very strange on someone SO into Christ ... his stepfather was a Pentecostal pastor and the religion was pretty much beat into him, but he's had "breaks" with his faith at points too; way more faith than not, though. I have a feeling he's had a break with his family when Jaclyn came into his life. There were always pictures with her family and you didn't really see his family (except kids) around him anymore.

I find it interesting (and more than a little heartwarming) that she says she has three kids with him. The oldest, Jagger, (the one that "With Arms Wide Open" was written for) was with his first wife, Hillaree. They got married when they found out she was pregnant but if I remember correctly, she was either severely mentally ill or a severe drug addict, or both. This was at Creed's peak, so it was written about a lot. They were often on the outs and you could tell it wasn't going to last much longer. At one point she slammed a cell phone in his face, and rather than have it escalate, Stapp called the cops and she was arrested ... there was a lot of shit reporting about this basically calling Stapp a pussy for not fighting back, but I think he did the right thing (he had already shown what his temper could get him into many times before) and I think it was a calculated move to secure full custody of Jagger, which he did. Yes, crazy Stapp won full custody of his eldest child. I'm sure Jagger was still pretty young when Jaclyn came into their lives, so being from a blended family myself where my (step)dad took me on 100% as his own daughter, that she took Jagger on as her own son makes me tear up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I wanted to say basically the same thing. It is pretty sad. I had a few Creed albums back in the day, and saw them in concert. Then they seem to fade away, then a decade later everyone says Scott is a douche. I missed the reason why. But I'd guess if he had untreated mental issues, he probably pissed someone off somewhere.
    Yeah, I was into Creed back in the day too ... Stapp was at one point an exotic, good looking guy, but he turned into such a douche, it was impossible to like him anymore. He pissed off everyone and anyone. Just for sport. There was a huge public fight with Fred of Limp Biscuit (someone correct me if I have the name of the band wrong), he got into a fist fight in a bar with some other famous person (name escapes me) and then the Origina bottle thrown at Jaclyn and then showing up at the airport to leave for their honeymoon when he was completely shitfaced. Of course, they denied him to board, and he had a major hissy fit and I think there was an arrest, IIRC. Upthread, there was a story about how he tore up a napkin the whole band signed .... there were a lot of those kinds of stories. It's hard to like someone who is a complete asshole to his bandmates and his fans. That was his downfall. Mark Tremonti held that band together for as long as possible and then it just blew up. Honestly, MT was the most talented in that whole band, IMO. I haven't heard Stapp sing in FOREVER, but just hearing that speaking voice on those videos, I can't imagine it's on par with say, "What's This Life For" or "My Own Prison". So even if he wanted to go back to work to make more money for his family, he's probably not going to be doing it as a rock star. Shame too ... way back when, the remainder of The Doors did a live MTV special and had different lead singers come up and play with them. Stapp played "Riders on the Storm" and "Light My Fire" ... it was eery.

Well it couldn't happen to a better doucheking. Wonder if he still thinks he is God?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Lamest act of the 90's. It's a wonder he didn't go off the boil ages ago, having to listen to himself.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Does anyone here read Arabic script? Is there a translation somewhere? How do we even know the tattoo is religious in nature?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

^^^ Not that I'm aware of. At least 1-2 lines are obscured by his shirt sleeve. I just know that his current/soon-to-be-ex wife is Arabic and most of his former tats are religious in nature.

Ah, so it might not be Muslim at all?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I think it's considered offensive to depict Koranic verses on anything outside the Koran. So, I would bet his wife probably told him to not do something like that. However, it seems like a major issue with his marriage is him not listening to common sense advice.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information