Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Scarlett Johansson & Romain Dauriac Open a Popcorn Shop

Bronze Member

This guy looks like a cross between Antonio Banderas and Gus Van Sant!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Gold Member

I am surprised that they lasted this long.

Quote Originally Posted by dexknows View Post
    This guy looks like a cross between Antonio Banderas and Gus Van Sant!
    "Get me a guy who looks like a cross between Antonio Banderas and Gus Van Sant!" said no casting director, ever.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post

Wasn't aware of the existence of "popcorn shops" but, good for them... I guess?
    In my neck of the woods, they're everywhere. In fact, we're kind of known for them. Some of them sell popcorn and candy, and others sell very high end gourmet popcorn -- unique flavors, but also different varieties of the corn itself. Some of it is actually quite expensive and we even give it as gifts. But I guess we don't have much else to do in the fly over states.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    am i the only person who can't eat popcorn? it's everywhere now and it seems like every week some new brand of healthy or organic popcorn comes out. but if i eat popcorn i just blow up like a balloon and get horrible gas. the weird thing is i can eat corn in any other form but popcorn means i have to find a very private place to hide out for a few hours until i can be seen in public again. sorry TMI but i can't be the only one this happens to?
    I have been stressing out like all hell lately and popcorn is strangely one of the few things i can eat that isn't making me ill. I'm like you, I need salt to get me through the day. I will eat sweets, but it's rarely my first choice. But, popcorn is bothering me less than potato chips or Fritos or whatever junk food I shouldn't be eating anyway. However, I think it was yanna who mentioned that it's insoluble fiber and it's actually really difficult to digest, so that may be the problem? Or like you said, the hulls.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Popcorn is my crack!! I love it. When I lived in Seattle, there was a yummy popcorn shop called KuKuRuZa. Good stuff. My favorite is homemade popcorn. Made on the stovetop with oil, butter, and salt. Sometimes, I go a little crazy and try out Old Bay or Season All. Yum.
    Yes, yes, and yes. Homemade with oil, butter, and salt is the bestest. It's like crack for me, too. I don't bother with the microwave stuff if I can help it, and if I'm out I get this stuff which is not as good as homemade, but addictive nonetheless.

https://www.amazon.com/Popcorn-India.../dp/B00O6FMX28

Usually I can only get it at two stores around here, though. Most places carry the kettle corn which is OK, but I'm more of a salt fiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    The US and France has a "history"; including when my neighbours kid went to France on a school trip she had to go to London to get a complete visa instead of being able to travel on the school joint one (20 yrs ago).

Is he from Europe originally or American? Did he have to leave due to visa issues due to his criminal record or am I reading too much into his ugly face & bad tats???

ETA - he's French.
    True, the US and France have had their spats and disagreements. They've given us the Marquis de Lafayette and the Statue of Liberty and we've given them Mickey Mouse and Jerry Lewis, and so come to think of it, popcorn might be the best thing we could do for them up to now. lol

And lol about his ugly face and bad tats. Seriously, though, didn't one of her boyfriends have weird, shady, criminal financial dealings? Or is this one just considered a freeloader? Or am I confusing her with Olivia Wilde? Or Anne Hathaway? Or all of the above?
    KrisNine likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    "Epicurean" (why is that capitalized?)
    It is capitalized because it is a Very Important Word.

Seriously, that stuff drives me nuts. I'm seeing more and more of it everywhere. It used to just be seen on brochures.
    Waterslide likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

It's driving me nuts, too. It's not like spellcheck would accidentally capitalize that. I have also noticed that people have been going crazy with the italics, too. I would never have gotten out of high school, and definitely not college, if I put that many emphases on everything.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

And lol about his ugly face and bad tats. Seriously, though, didn't one of her boyfriends have weird, shady, criminal financial dealings? Or is this one just considered a freeloader? Or am I confusing her with Olivia Wilde? Or Anne Hathaway? Or all of the above?
    Anne Hathaway
    czb, Waterslide and Seapharris7 like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

That's cool - I friggen love popcorn!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post

Wasn't aware of the existence of "popcorn shops" but, good for them... I guess?
    We have one at out winter getaway town that is amazing (of course, if you like popcorn). They sell all kinds of kernals, butters, salts, cookware etc. They also have already pop/mixed popcorn flavors. I drop about $50 in there each time I go, I'm not ashamed.
    Waterslide likes this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Anne Hathaway
    Thank you! It involved the FBI and kind of throwing him under the bus, didn't it?

In my neck of the woods, they're everywhere. In fact, we're kind of known for them. Some of them sell popcorn and candy, and others sell very high end gourmet popcorn -- unique flavors, but also different varieties of the corn itself. Some of it is actually quite expensive and we even give it as gifts. But I guess we don't have much else to do in the fly over states.
    Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    That's cool - I friggen love popcorn!

We have one at out winter getaway town that is amazing (of course, if you like popcorn). They sell all kinds of kernals, butters, salts, cookware etc. They also have already pop/mixed popcorn flavors. I drop about $50 in there each time I go, I'm not ashamed.
    Ah, gotcha. I've enjoyed those stores (commonly found in touristy areas along the coast of CA) that sell a variety of candy (like salt water taffy) with kettle corn, cracker-jack like caramelized popcorn, and just normal (I guess you would call it?) popcorn. And I've enjoyed those "tins" that people give as office gifts around the holidays.

But, I was unaware there were more than sweet, salty, and butter "flavors" available in the popcorn world, let alone stores dedicated popcorn.

So, yeah... Learn somethin' new every day...
    Waterslide likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Between Ermahgerd and Yee-muthafuckin' Haw

Does this mean he finally has a job?

Thank you! It involved the FBI and kind of throwing him under the bus, didn't it?
    I kind of doubt it - She already had a full-time job, and I don't think there was any way for her to know that his business dealings were super shady.

I have been stressing out like all hell lately and popcorn is strangely one of the few things i can eat that isn't making me ill. I'm like you, I need salt to get me through the day. I will eat sweets, but it's rarely my first choice. But, popcorn is bothering me less than potato chips or Fritos or whatever junk food I shouldn't be eating anyway. However, I think it was yanna who mentioned that it's insoluble fiber and it's actually really difficult to digest, so that may be the problem? Or like you said, the hulls.
    I'm such a popcorn nut that when Mrs Mo asks if I feel like going to a particular movie, I will ask if they have those awesome self-serve butter dispensers at the place, instead of what the actual movie is. The thing that sucks is that she really hates butter and so does our son. But our daughter loves it almost as much as me. So, I have to carefully drench one side of bucket with that disgusting goo and then keep track of where it is so everyone knows where to grab.

Waterslide and Seapharris7 like this.

Yep, that is totally me at the movies, too and I have picked one theater over another just based on whether they have self-serve butter. The concession people just don't put enough butter on there unless you say the words "heart attack" to them. And yeah, I have drenched the popcorn on one side with goo for the very same reasons. And then I have a tree's worth of napkins on my lap so it doesn't leak onto my clothes. I know it's a bad habit, but I can't help it.

I haven't eaten popcorn in almost 8 years. There are many horrible things about a corn allergy, but popcorn I the thing I miss the most.

Yep, that is totally me at the movies, too and I have picked one theater over another just based on whether they have self-serve butter.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information